Site > News

DMT found naturally occuring in the brain

<< < (2/3) > >>

aniracetam:
he's saying without reading the details of the study,  people who accept the alternative hypothesis would parade around falsely-claiming "we told you so" (DMT is produced in the brain).

I've read articles on the matter for 21 years, studied biochemistry, and more importantly, metabolism. To date, there has been no evidence for INMT expression in the human brain cortex, much less the pineal gland; however, it was found that DMT may be stored in neural vesicles. Since it readily diffuses across the BBB, it's more plausible that production occurs in the peripheral tissues, where INMT is expressed, and camps out in said vesicles. For what purpose, who knows.

Using logic and common sense, it wouldn't seem likely DMT production occurs in the brain, since >90% of serotonin production occurs in the gut. DMT production occurs as a side-reaction, which is not genetically preferred, after AADC (aromatic- aminoacid decarboxlase) removes the CO2, a rate-determining step. DMT production inhibits serotonin production, and vice versa, via feedback inhibition. It would seem more likely that production would occur in the gut, and surrounding tissues/epithelial cells, where INMT is known to be expressed.

The Lone Stranger:
Grud

Theres a big story there . But the hive illuminati dont want it told ....... because its more than embarrasing for them :)

Its about the main problem we have in this scene and that paper is aimed at this site and sites like it . Part of it is what aniracetam said about hippys ...... but what its realy saying is is exactly the oposite = ---- > Why did(nt) you tell them so?

The background story is about skeletons in the cupboard , sharlatans , morons , hippys and hero worship ....... and ' The politics of DMT ' is an episode in a ' battle ' that started with timothy leary ........ and the damage that he and others have done to our scene and serious science with esoterics .

IF ' Mother duck ' doesnt delete this i'll write more and explain :)

The Lone Stranger:
>Using logic and common sense, it wouldn't seem likely DMT production occurs in the brain, since >90% of serotonin production occurs in the gut. DMT production occurs as a side-reaction, which is not genetically preferred, after AADC (aromatic- aminoacid decarboxlase) removes the CO2, a rate-determining step. DMT production inhibits serotonin production, and vice versa, via feedback inhibition. It would seem more likely that production would occur in the gut, and surrounding tissues/epithelial cells, where INMT is known to be expressed.

And i think :) its made where the conditions are right to make it = at least in the gut AND in the brain ......... the ' problem ' is that the gut kills it with MonoAmine oxidase ? MAO and thats why we need a MAOI to get a trip ......... so the DMT in the brain is probably not made in the gut ?

The thing about it is why ? Why is it there ? As a product that the body makes for a function ? A waste / side product from another reaction in the body ? A ' trans ' product / step between one chemical to another ?

aniracetam:
DMT in the brain is most likely made in the gut, if it isn't oxidized by epithelial MAO. and the only way it could avoid that, is inhibition of CYP2D6. and what endogenous compound inhibits CYP2D6? Pinoline (which is produced in the brain). There is no substantial evidence to support brain production of DMT, but rather, it is stored there in vesicles (it readily diffuses across the BBB).

The 'why' question is more speculative, and philosophical. No one knows.

The Lone Stranger:
Thanks . It means something to me to talk with you .

BUT ...... DMT is in / produced in the gut where INMT expression is ........ and its also in the brain where INMT expression is ? But with a gut full of MAO between them ?

If i remeber right Strassman says in the paper the two gods are commenting on ...... that DMT is in the fluids between the cells .

>The 'why' question is more speculative

Maybe semantics :) but my why is a question ....... it isnt speculation ...... science doesnt speculate ...... the speculation comes from strassman and co. = That it has something to do with consciousness / perception / ' Spirit ' ....... and ....... Isnt that about storage in vesicles speculation ? Was it found there in bigger quantitys than in the fluid between the cells / the rest of the brain ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version