Author Topic: Making RP from WP  (Read 7588 times)

jammin

Making RP from WP
« on: October 01, 2003, 03:48:00 PM »
"Red phosphorus, is formed by exposing white phosphorus to sunlight or heating it under pressure to above 275C."

I read this, and i aslo remembered I read that it was the UV radiation in the sunlight that made the reaction go.

Is it possible to us an UV light to speed this reaction up?
Is it at all doable?

Lucid_Dreamer

Yea sure, if you have proper licensing and to...
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2003, 07:08:00 PM »
Yea sure, if you have proper licensing and to handle white phosphorous which is a volitile and highly explosive material in the first place. If there is any way for YOU to get your hands and WP then getting RP should be a breeze.

jammin

Heh, point taken... :-o I read that many ...
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 01:59:00 PM »
Heh, point taken...  :-[

I read that many pyrotechs use RP as proppelant for their rockets perhaps one could start a pyrotech company to get it?
Anyone have any suggestions? I have used TFSE, but i have found no good suggestions.

The matchbook routine certanly is unusable for medium scale productions...  :P

Lucid_Dreamer

Don't worry, the RP from matchbooks isn't all...
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2003, 02:19:00 PM »
Don't worry, the RP from matchbooks isn't all to difficult, I used to think it was useless to scrape 'em too until a fellow bee got a case and asked me to help him. We got a whole case (2500 MB's) it only took us a sleepless night full of geek and pot to get through them. After I was done, however I did have 3 blisters and a finger that stayed numb for a week but it was worth it cause I got some of the finished product. It was a little overgassed but I like to recrystallise anyway. That is what inspired SWIM to do his very own first batch. I wouldn't it even waste my breath trying to get industrial chemicals because there is so much widespread panic over the whole 9/11, anthrax, and weapons of mass destruction deal. I think anyone who claims to be getting lab grade anything either has to own there own business or be in some position of power. "Go" to your local conceited convenience store, they often have extra cases of matchbooks that they print their own lable on, after that it's all pluck, cut, acetone, and scrape.

SHORTY

WP can be made from rp
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2003, 03:47:00 PM »
If you burn a match strike pad in a beaker with a rb flask sitting on top full of cold water the condensate on the bottom of the flask will be white phosphorous. It will reignite over and over again until it is gone or it is submerged in water.  Take it out of the water and in seconds it will reignite.  Don't try this though because it will produce phosphine which is very poisonous.  I did it outside along time ago and it will smoke really bad.  I managed to get a little bit of the condensate on my arm and it burn like a mother######.

xboXer

Making RP outa WP
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2003, 01:06:00 PM »
WP is easily made with a modified arc furnace. The vapors condensed into water, and the WP heated to convert.

jammin

Lucid_Dreamer: How much RP did you get from...
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2003, 03:18:00 PM »
Lucid_Dreamer: How much RP did you get from the 2500 boxes?
I did about 200 boxes, and got about 3 grams...

However I dont live in the US, and perhaps the RP content is different. But i wonder how i can test if the RP is clean?
I let it stand with HCl for two days, an then filtered it again, it looks like the pictures i've seen, but is there a good way to test it?

As said i dont live in the US, and cooking is something nobody does over here, so i doubt it would be to hard to get labgrade RP and I if you really put you mind to it...

However there is a ephedrine ban here and in the neighboring countries... anyone familiar with an "easy" EP synth, if there is such a thing?

I read the FAQ, but the patents mentioned are to advanced to me (yet  :-[ ), somebody got a complete writeup?

Lucid_Dreamer

I usually get around 20-25 grams per case.
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2003, 07:41:00 PM »
I usually get around 20-25 grams per case(2500 MBs). As long as you get all the glue and paper out of the RP it should be fine, the only other thing that should or could be in there is glass, metal, etc, and that stuff is not coming out. Did you use 200 BOXES or 200 MATCHBOOKS? 3 grams out of 200 matchbooks would be very good yeild but if you only  got 3 grams from 200 boxes then you should probably PM me or describe your whole RP extraction or something, I have the strong feeling something went horribly wrong.

jammin

Heh, i did 200 matchbooks, and got about 3...
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2003, 10:59:00 AM »
Heh, i did 200 matchbooks, and got about 3 grams...
If this is a good yeild, then i guess i should be happy? ;)

Lucid_Dreamer

LOL, don't worry pal you'll be scraping whole...
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2003, 11:04:00 AM »
LOL, don't worry pal you'll be scraping whole cases soon enough, If you aren't having problems finding the rest of the precursors here is a good synth for you to work on since you already have 3grams of RP ready.......

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/meth.curbshot.html

jammin

Thanks! :)
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2003, 12:40:00 PM »
Thanks a lot Lucid!

I just have some questions about the synth...

It says i need "small amount of peroxide (common household)"...

I have HydrogenPeroxide, i guess its that he means, but only in a 3% sollution.
Does he mean 100% pure?

I can distill it, but when it says "household", i can never imagine its 100%...
Where SWIM lives its just 3% at the pharmacies.
What kind of sollution should i use?

Also he mentiones "charcoal lighter fluid", what does this contain? I dont live in the US, so the brand names are all different...
Here lighter fluid is named "Rosignol" and it has butan as the "active" ingridient. What chemical does "charcoal lighter fluid" contain?

You've been a great help!   ;D

unionpacific

You don't have to use peroxide, water will...
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2003, 02:09:00 PM »
You don't have to use peroxide, water will work fine

charcoal lighter fluid is non polar it's use in this synthesis is when your done with the rxn you base it and put the non polar in and the freebase meth goes into it when you acidify it makes the meth hcl (soluble in water and not in non-polar (charcoal lighter fluid, xylene,toluene,naptha,camping fuel etc..)

VideoEditor

jammin: lemme save ya a few flames...
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2003, 02:15:00 PM »
jammin: lemme save ya a few flames...

Nix the Hydrogen Peroxide and use DH2O.
Nix the charcoal lighter fluid. Use warm Naptha or Xylene.

Consider adding more DH2O and refluxing.

jammin

Thanks guys!
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2003, 02:28:00 PM »
I guess im ready for my first nano then!  :)

Sorry for beeing such a New-Bee, but can some one post the reaction scheme?
I'd like to know what im doing before attempting it, so i dont accidentally kill myself....  ::)
I've started reading organic chemistry, but im not excatly a professor yet! 
I can see we're removing the oxygen, but how?

C10H15NO + I + P + H2O  -> C10H15N + ?

Also (dont flame a poor guy, please... simple yes or no will do  :-[  ) by refluxing,
you mean just boil with a condenser so the vapors go back into the liquid to
complete the reaction? I belive i got that correct, but for how long?

How do i know when its enough?

Sorry about the stupid question, but my english isn't that good, and science
terminology isn't even sligthy the same in our languages...  ;)

Lucid_Dreamer

Stick all that stuff in a test tube or cigar...
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2003, 02:35:00 PM »
Stick all that stuff in a test tube or cigar tube, put a ballon over the opening, suspend it in a frying pan with cooking oil, be careful when adding the RP to the iodine, it will create HI that you dont want to lose, so have your balloon ready. But before you do all that, learn how to do an A&B extraction....

Keep in mind this is busy work, the whole synth, it will get you half way prepared for the big one.

jammin

Thanks again for a swift reply.
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2003, 03:05:00 PM »
Thanks again for a swift reply.  :)

I already know haw to do an AB extraction, but i wondered about the reflux,
how long shold it be performed. And also if i grasped the consept of refluxing right.

Also i wondered about a reaction formula, or what you call it in english...
So i could understand what was going on in the testtube...  ;)

Lucid_Dreamer

Don't worry about the RXN formula, the ...
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2003, 03:34:00 PM »
Don't worry about the RXN formula, the reactants are impure anyway, just reflux it for an hour or so, use the ballon as your condenser.

jammin

Thanks!
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2003, 03:43:00 PM »
Thanks!
I'll proceed now, thanks to all your help!

Osmium

Don't use a fucking ballon, use enough water...
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2003, 04:35:00 PM »
Don't use a fucking ballon, use enough water and reflux it overnight and you might even succeed.
Oh yeah, and UTFSE.

Lucid_Dreamer

Yea, well I guess he's right, hook up a ...
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2003, 04:38:00 PM »
Yea, well I guess he's right, hook up a condenser to friggin test tube!!!