Author Topic: Kollicoat MAE100P, were fucked!  (Read 18596 times)

CharlieBigpotato

bee careful, in nazi states
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2004, 12:03:00 PM »

dwarfer

tyvek and condoms
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2004, 08:02:00 PM »

Post 176975 (missing)

(dwarfer: "Re: The Liquid Gelcaps", Stimulants)

and a whole bunch on tyvek investigated this, to at least a degree.

Tyvek seems to work better because it has the strength to
resist the osmotic pressure that develops.

however, it passes some plastigoop, although several
methods to deal with that have been developed since..

Osmium

> Tyvek seems to work better because it has
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2004, 04:18:00 AM »
> Tyvek seems to work better because it has the strength to
> resist the osmotic pressure that develops.

Yeah, those MPa of osmotic pressure are real killers.

auntyjack

question for membrane heads
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2004, 10:35:00 AM »
is using two intestines instead of one just a plain stupid idea or what?

L42L

got CO2?
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2004, 01:57:00 PM »
I wonder how a supercritical CO2 extraction would behave in this situation.

wareami

polyvinyl acetate
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2004, 03:30:00 PM »
Kollicoat SR 30D
Introduction

The most widely used aqueous polymer dispersions for sustained-release coating applications are either ethylcellulose-based (Aquacoat ECD, Surelease) or acrylate-based (Eudragit NE30D and others) products. Because of ethylcellulose's relatively high glass-transition temperature (Tg) and pseudolatex nature, ethylcellulose aqueous dispersions require adequate plasticization, with the end product needing further curing steps. Although Eudragit products are true latex with low Tg_s, particle coalescence at room temperature is still slow and incomplete, necessitating accelerated curing conditions and/or the incorporation of water-soluble additives. Upon aging, an endogenous surfactant (nonoxynol 100) of Eudragit NE30D was recently found to be prone to gradual precipitation from the cast-free film, thereby creating pores in the film and potentially affecting product dissolution.

Recently, Kollicoat SR 30D, an aqueous dispersion composed of 27% polyvinyl acetate (PVAc), 2.5% povidone, and 0.3% sodium lauryl sulfate, was introduced by BASF AG (Ludwigshafen, Germany). With adequate plasticizing, the formed PVAc film has been shown to possess unique physical and mechanical properties such as enormous flexibility, rendering the film-coated pellets compressible without rupture. Additionally, PVAc-based matrix and film-coated products were demonstrated to release drugs in a pH-independent fashion. An added advantage in taste-masking formulations has also been claimed when this material is used in the presence of soluble and/or swellable pore formers.

Although ample data have been published or presented on coated beads produced by extrusion, limited information is available on the performance of Kollicoat SR 30D-coated nonpareil systems involving aqueous layering technology. It was therefore the purpose of this study to examine, in detail, the effects of coating level, plasticizer type, and curing conditions on drug release kinetics from such nonpareil systems. Mathematical treatment and modeling of dissolution data were also attempted using a model developed for nonpareil systems that takes into consideration the bead volume change due to swelling in aqueous medium.

See

PharmSciTech

(http://www.aapspharmscitech.org/view.asp?art=pt030215&pdf=yes#ref2) for full document

foxy2

Time release pills are the best.
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2004, 05:22:00 PM »
Time release pills are the best.  Who wants to take their medicine more than once every 12 hours?

Thank Jesus for Kollicoat.

CharlieBigpotato

spiritual creaminess and kollicoat
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2004, 07:27:00 PM »
aside from the troubles to some bees, doesn't this kollicoat goo sound pretty fun?

shouldn't we bee coating our bodies with kollicoat?

Prepuce

Dreamt of column chromotagraphy
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2004, 07:53:00 PM »
SWIP says he dreamt of making a sorry attempt at (wet) column chromotography. An immediate problem stopped him cold, and the books he has don't address the issue: How to determine the position of the layer you want when it has no color? Adding a dye would be defeating the purpose. It occurred to him to check with a UV lamp, but that  failed to reveal a usefull difference.

How do chemists deal with this?

PP

wareami

Shedding light...and other matter!
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2004, 08:07:00 PM »
Prepuce: Since this area of research and development has gotten to the point of such sophistication, maybe a thread detailing the processes of chromatography as they could be used here would bee in order.
These newer compounds are forcing bees to sink or swimn and those without any nonmenclature are sure to drown.
Those bees like yourself that are exploring these new areas of study might serve as a bouy for the rest getting their feet wet....
Just a thought!
Start a thread and I'll participate with what I'm able to uncover and contribute!
Rhodium and others have more extensive knowledge on the subject and I'm sure we'll all be UP to snuff in know time :)

Osmium

> How do chemists deal with this?
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2004, 01:18:00 AM »
> How do chemists deal with this?

They acquire a box with 20-50 or so screw top glasses, and start taking fractions, filling each glass with some of the eluating solvent mixture.
The glass contents are then tested by TLC or other means, fractions containing the same substances are pooled, and then the rotovap is used to remove the solvent.

JUMPER

I'm drowning Help!
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2004, 09:38:00 PM »
I'm definitely in the same boat as wareami with Chem stuff, in fact worse!  What are some good key words for searching the Hive or Rhodium for info on these more advanced methods?
   I was told that "THEY" are using oxylated acetates to break down the chain of these copolymers and control them partially. My bud told me to go through my car paint shit for them.
   This is way above JUMPER's head and needs info because he has lots of isocyanates which can't be good and then some converters with Methoxypropyl acetate 108-65-6, Methoxybutyl acetate 4435-53-4, and Cyclohexanone 108-94-1.
   Also Converter with N-Butyl Acetate 123-86-4, N-Butyl Alcohol 71-36-3, and Nitrocellulose 9004-70-0.
   My friend knows the auto paint I use is also made by company he works for (the Parrot). I feel he is having fun with my lack of chemistry, and thus is not getting specific in which chems. Or maybe is telling me and JUMPER is to dumb to differentiate.
   He also spoke of me not forgetting that gluteraldehyde and formaldehyde is used in these paints and can be used as surfactants in breaking chains or helping proteins transfer.
   Over my head and over my head and over my head. FUCK!!  If this helps any chemist out good but please explain it to me also.
   Will keep trying to bleed my friend of inside knowledge that I have no clue in how to understand or interprete yet. Hopefully it will help the Hive in some way with the more Chemically inclined minds of the hive!

Antyjack you can rag away on JUMPER!! He was just frustrated not understanding the info given and can take a beating almost anytime, since he sure does dish the shit out on his own. Not sure why he got a pussy for a day!!   ;D  ;D  ;D

Glasurit is great paint for auto's!!  Made in Germany by GmbH for BASF. GmbH also makes Standox,BMW and Mercedes shit,and a lot of others.

Why is he stressing the aldehydes to me!

foxy2

What are some good key words for searching the
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2004, 10:33:00 PM »
What are some good key words for searching the Hive

"The Full Turps Cure"

How swif would do it.

3 hot mineral spirits soaks/boils (at least 1 hour each or sit overnight)
3 hot xylene soaks/boils (smell problem here)
3 dry acetone soaks

Decanting is adequate between each soak.  Solvents can bee burned when starting a barbecue grill, easy disposal but I wouldn't eat from that batch of charcol ;D

Extract 3 times with dry Isopropyl Alcohol(its the most selective alcohol, avoid methanol), evaporate and acetone crash.  I haven't heard of an adulterant that beats this procedure if done rigorously.  Its alot of work, but it pays off.

I'll do the search for you.

Post 337420 (missing)

(geezmeister: "Extraction Technique: The Full Turps Cure", Stimulants)

JUMPER

Not quite what I meant!
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2004, 11:32:00 PM »
I don't think you understood what I meant.  Read wareami's post about four threads back and then mine again. Thanks anyways!

auntyjack

wareami, do it up (as they say)
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2004, 07:55:00 AM »
hey prepuce, could you do a write up of whay you did?...that would be interesting...
i know swij is fairly new to this chemistry business but he believes he can deal with aparatus in general, better than he can deal with theories of chemical interaction making flash chromatography look rather apealing...especially since he coincidentally had one of these collumns filled with sand in the lab when rhodium mentioned the subject...(he uses the collumn as a sand filter)

...wareami, yes please start a thread on this subject

have fun,
                                                 aunty jack

Prepuce

A column chromatography thread is a good idea
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2004, 09:23:00 PM »
Ware,

SWIP would love to see a thread on column chromotagraphy, but thinks he would be the wrong person to lead it. Although he has gained some marginal level of experience as a cook in general, he fears he would accomplish little more than looking foolish if he began expounding on his pourly founded knowledge of chromotography. Add to that the fact that his partipation in this forum is necessarily sporadic.

SWIP would be very happy to partipate in such research if it were led by someone with better qualifications than himself, however.

And Ware, SWIP is flattered that you made the suggestion. In spite of his protests, if noone else speaks up you must know that SWIP isn't going to sit back and forget the whole thing. He'll keep trying, and who knows? He might just stumble on to something worth posting about!

PP

P.S. Ah, what the hell. SWIP did run across a reference recently that suggested the separation of layer problem is often solved by the addition of certain dyes. The reference didn't go into much detail and SWIP doesn't have much of a handle on how that might work, but he will be looking into it.

auntyjack

allright then.......
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2004, 11:11:00 AM »

JUMPER

Ha Ha Ha!
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2004, 06:01:00 PM »

stereoIsomer

I'm still advocating Bacteria - > dope
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2004, 01:44:00 PM »

UncleFester

straight headed people produce readable text
« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2004, 07:25:00 PM »
I like a buzz as much as the next person, but there was little I could pull from the narrative as to the special properties of this new additive family...I've seen swelling, free base absorbing crap in the new ephedrine pills(see Pill Fuckers at it Again), but I would like clear narrative with some direction on a post so I can follow the drift. I'm just a casual reader, ya know?? I just want to keep up with the news, OK? On the topic of ferric chloride to whack polymers, my experience with playing with the substance makes a LOT of brownish precipitate fall out of solution as it eats polymer...how does that effect yield?? These observations are on polyacrylate polymers used to coagulate floating metal particles as part of an electroplating waste treatment system, but the observation is relevant to the topic. This thread needs tighter narrative from the authors because as is it is almost unreadable.