Author Topic: Speed in US (->Phenylalanine) [ BMK in Europe]  (Read 3507 times)

bouncer

Speed in US (->Phenylalanine) [ BMK in Europe]
« on: April 04, 2004, 10:14:00 PM »

uktrials

Huh!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 10:03:00 AM »

embezzler

well
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 10:29:00 AM »
amphetamine or meth is scheuled and no matter where you make it or how. european speed is the same as us speed is the same as any other speed the routes may vary but the molecule is the same. methamphetamine is made from ephedrine in a clandestine setting or from the amination of p2p.

the sulfate or hcl bonded to the molecules are not the active ingredient(biologically) and are not that important.

Rhodium

European speed is NOT the same as US speed
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2004, 11:10:00 AM »
european speed is the same as us speed is the same as any other speed the routes may vary but the molecule is the same.

That statement is not quite the truth. While 'speed' sold in the US almost always is methamphetamine, European stimulant users for one reason or another (UTFSE) prefer plain amphetamine, and hence what is sold as 'speed' there is commonly racemic amphetamine.

embezzler

i (mis?)understood the original post
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2004, 11:15:00 AM »
i thought he meant that there was a difference molecularly between amphetamine in europe and amphetamine the us as a result of the route taken to the molecule(ignoring impurities). the street names are not a reliable indicator i didnt mean to misinform .

ChemoSabe

Crappy Street product
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 11:17:00 AM »
Swim's buddy has only a very limited experience with Euro street products sold as "speed" but if what he did try was amphetamine sulphate he sais that in comparison to even the crappiest of the crappy cut-completely-to-hell meth it just plain sucks!

Now this alleged amphetamine sulphate was most likely all cut to hell too but that doesn't change the fact that it still sucks compared to the shittiest of shitty meth.

He just told me that he recommends steering clear of crappy street-sold products (meaning most or all of them) wherever you might happen to bee on the globe.

PS. Unless you are some sort of lung torture masochist don't even try vaporizing (smoking) anything that's a sulphate.

also the above comments are not really intended to be taken in a "meth vs amphetamine way" as I'm sure good clean amphetamine is not an overall "shitty" product. The comments are actually coming closer to say that more effect will be felt from average crappy US street meth than from average crappy Eurospeed. But also that in essence it's best to avoid either of the two.

embezzler

comparing meth to amphetamine isnt fair
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2004, 11:24:00 AM »
they are obviously different an so are their effects nonetheless you make a good point stay the fuck away from street stuff where possible. the best amphetamine isnt going to be as good as the best methamphetamine either

aragorn

well said chemo sabe!
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2004, 10:41:00 AM »
even the best european speed fresh out the kitchen (uncut raceamic amph.sulphate/HCL) isn´t much fun at all. SWIM couldn´t understand how someone could abuse amph. for recreational purposes. It´s really similiar to a cup of coffee, it dopes ya up but without euphoria, really crappy. The tingling sensation experienced with high doses is something at least a bit enjoyable. Unlike with meth there is no fuckin downer on the world which could put you to sleep at T+24-48h after a sufficient dose (250mg-500mg raceamic amph.) Excessive doses benzos,barbs all worthless with this stuff!
Three days without sleep isn´t something SWIM would like to experience again!
IF someone could answer the question why meth hasn´t replaced amph in Europe please feel free to tell.
It was locally available in Hungary in `01-02 but mainly manufactured by small size kitchenlabs, it got instantly accepted by the local market but after several busts it was all over. Don´t know why the big east european labs don´t switch to ma. The profit margin is way higher and the additional step in their synths from P2P no big deal at all.
Maybe the quick and rigorous reaction of LE agencies in meth cases is one of the reasons.
The most fun stuff has dominated the drug market since the beginning so despite draconic legal repression and bad media coverage it should have found it´s way to the EU customers many years ago.

This topic seems to be one of the last big mysteries in the dope game.

josef_k

This has been discussed before here, and I...
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2004, 01:52:00 PM »
This has been discussed before here, and I think the answer was that of tradition and the increased bother of making methylamine/N-methylformamide instead of using readily availible ammonia/formamide. Just isn't worth the extra work for them.

Also I don't understand all the complain of regular amphetamine, I think it is nice. However I haven't tried meth so who am I to judge  :) .

Scottydog

Substitution
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2004, 02:24:00 PM »
With all of the difficulty here in the US concerning complications with pill extraction and ever spreading legislation restricting pseudo at the point of purchase, I wouldn't be surprised if street cooks aren't already secretly substituting amphetamine for meth.

If they aren't already, who knows, they probably will start soon. That is of course until Mexico floods the market. Charlatans could probably get away with it for a minute.

Definately will agree with josef, pure d-amphetamine is some  potent shit in its own right.

I believe many people would choose "pure" d-amphetamine over 30% meth if given a side by side comparison.  ::)

Swim would...