Author Topic: Just got my pill press can I temp. use asprins...  (Read 6384 times)

menthol_man

Just got my pill press can I temp. use asprins...
« on: October 03, 2001, 06:35:00 AM »
Ok, its sort of cool... it's a single pill
setup.  You have this tube that you drop your
"mix" in and put this rod over top of it.  Then
you hit it with a hammer and a pill comes out.
I was wondering if in the mean time I could use
some asprins and crush em up and put my honey in there
and re press the pill so it will have the MCC, asprin,
lubricant and of course HONEY!  Does that sound like a
soild idea or does the origional pressing ruin the
compressability of MCC?

THANKS!  ;D

Gott Mit Uns!

foxy2

Re: Just got my pill press can I temp. use asprins...
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2001, 03:40:00 PM »
NO!!!!

I just read an article that salicylic acid increases the Hyperthermic effect of MDMA.  Aspirin will probably do the same, use some pressed vitamin C tabs(might not have enough binder) and a little bit of melatonin(I just read that melatonin helps prevent METH neurotoxicity).  You could add a little tylenol to this, not to much tho.

Do Your Part To Win The War

sunlight

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2001, 04:10:00 PM »
Furthermore there are people that is sensitive to aspirin. Sacarose, sugar, is a good mix, but I guess you need methylcelulose or this kind of things to maek a pill. I don't know.

Rhodium

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2001, 06:05:00 PM »
No tylenol either! I believe MDMA and Tylenol competes for the same liver CYP enzyme...

menthol_man

thanks for the asprin drug interaction warning
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2001, 09:40:00 PM »
Many thanks for the warnings!  But my main question
still stands...

Assuming the "active ingredient" in the store bought pill
will _NOT_ react negativley with the honey...

Will the pill come out correctly?  Or will the
MCC have lost its compressability.  Like some types
of acustical foam I have used it will scrunch up and
not fluff up again.

Thanks!

Gott Mit Uns!

Semtexium

Re: thanks for the asprin drug interaction warning
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2001, 11:49:00 PM »
A single station press, would you mind giving me some more details on the press it self, I know it doesn't help you with your problem but I'm very interested in the presses themselves.  Is it homemade...?  If you don't want to answer here feel free to PM me, thanks for any info...  ;)

::)  ;D  :)  :P  ;)     Mean People Suck     ;)  :P  :)  ;D  ::)

PoohBear4Ever

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2001, 02:17:00 AM »
SWIP would like some designs on a 100pk pill press.  Not worried too much about pics on em, but they gotta stay together and look somewhat professonal. 

Just drill out a square of metal, take some wooden pegs, put em together and park a car on it?

PB

Semtexium

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2001, 02:25:00 AM »
::)

::)  ;D  :)  :P  ;)     Mean People Suck     ;)  :P  :)  ;D  ::)

PoohBear4Ever

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2001, 05:39:00 AM »
Howz about 10 at a time? What exact force are we talking about (ft/lbs)?

PB

PoohBear4Ever

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2001, 06:01:00 AM »
Auctions, or manufacturers? 

PB

Trenchcoat

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2001, 06:37:00 AM »
I don't know. I get rock-hard tablet out of my press by striking the die with a hammer once. Actually, PoohBear, I think that car idea might work if you had a strip as wide as a car tire and just drove the car down the strip.

Better loving through chemistry.

Quicksilver

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2001, 07:52:00 AM »
Poster: Rhodium
Subject: Re: Just got my pill press can I temp. use asprins...

No tylenol either! I believe MDMA and Tylenol competes for the same liver CYP enzyme...

And you end up with a larger dose of MDMA in your system because it isn't digested?  That doesn't sound like a bad thing?  

menthol_man

Here is a PICTURE!!
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2001, 08:09:00 AM »

http://abacus.sj.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/651563c3e92c1bb63c6ce6e16f/i-1.JPG

There is a pic of the press.  Yeah, basically a hammer is
going to do the actual compressing.  It does rounded pills
(convex) and flat pills as well.  I would *like* to help
*all* bees get a little press of their own.  The
manufacturer says you can do 2 pills a minute.  It's all
metal so it should be pretty sturdy over the long haul.
Time will tell :)  Is there a decent "anonymous" way to
help bees get little professional presses?  Since it's
so small and hand powered does it fall under DEA regulation?
Come on everyone help me, help you!

Hmm is there a way to take *anonymous* internet payments?
Preferably out of the jurisdiction of the Uninted States?

AND STILL NO ONE HAS ANSWERED THE QUESTION!
Can I use a ground up otc tablet of whatever to make some
pills?

Gott Mit Uns!

b159510

Re: Here is a PICTURE!!
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2001, 08:18:00 AM »
AND STILL NO ONE HAS ANSWERED THE QUESTION! Can I use a ground up otc tablet of whatever to make some pills?...jesus christ, why don't you just grind up an asprin (or whatever), put it in your press and find out for yourself.

Back to the Primitive

menthol_man

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2001, 09:21:00 AM »
yeah yeah  ;)  but I like to bitch  :)

Gott Mit Uns!

taqueso

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2001, 09:33:00 AM »
Go to the store and find some pills that contain something that isn't going to interfere, like a vitamin. Then try it out. Total expendature: ~$3 and 15min.

Rhodium

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2001, 12:50:00 PM »
Quicksilver: I was thinking that MDMA might lock up the enzyme so that the paracetamol in the tylenol doesn't become properly broken down, and as you all know, these intermediates in the metabolism of paracetamol are very toxic to the liver.

wandering101

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2001, 12:30:00 PM »
If anyone wants to know about interactions between asprin and amphetamines (or for that matter caffeine) go read some body building site - the ECA stack (ephedrine - most of the interactions translate though) has been EXTENSIVELY researched.
If you're interested, I've got several studies that I could post.
Foxy - very, very VERY hyperthermic - I've seen 2 degree rises (yes, that does cause brain damage)

dirtybastard

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2001, 10:27:00 PM »
Could someone describe how the press works in the above picture. The picture has 6 pieces.
How are they assembled? How does the pill come out of the press? etc.
ODB has access to a nice metal shop, but has never been able to find any blueprints on a simple press

Man, I'm so high, I have no idea what's goin' on

Chromic

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2001, 10:47:00 PM »
I've used something like that before (for prep'ing an IR sample), you've got a small piston that is placed inside of the doughnut center, then you fill enough powder, put on the other piston. Now put on the two end caps and add pressure. Then remove one end cap, and one piston, add the other piece (with a bigger center, add back the end cap, and apply pressure. The piston will now push the pill thru and out of the mold.

GaRtRoN

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2002, 02:23:00 AM »
if i had a logo ingraved on the bar would that make a stamp... or on the bottom?

PoohBear4Ever

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2002, 02:30:00 AM »
What?

PB

Argox

Drug interaction
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2002, 02:46:00 AM »
This is an old thread, but since somebody has dragged it up again, I'll add that I just read in a pharaceutical textbook that lactose should be avoided as an excipient for tabletting amines, because amines will react with sugar.  The exact reaction is not mentioned, maybe somebody knows what it is.  Anyway, I would like to amend my post from last year on how to make tablets and recommend using just micro-crystalline cellulose and 3% magnesium stearate as only excipients when tabletting.  (I don't think stearic acid is necessary if enough mag stearate is used.)  A glidant might be also added, if using a machine and powder is sticking in hopper.  But 72% MCC and 3% mag stearate plus 25% active ingredient should do the trick--NOTE I can't absolutely guarantee this,  because SWIA don't make pills anymore, but I've a strong hunch it will work.

Anyway, heads up on lactose and amines.

Regards

sunlight

Re: Drug interaction
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2002, 03:05:00 AM »
I've mixed MDMA with sugar sometimes as a filler to make capsules, and after one year at roomp temp it seemed to be like the first day. I don't know exatly if there was any degradation, I didn't analyze them, but the biological assay was as it should be.

PoohBear4Ever

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2002, 03:38:00 AM »
Lactose...  Milk sugar?  Guess one should advoid dairy products too after ingestion of said substance...

PB

Chromic

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2002, 04:39:00 AM »
Lactose is easy to get (skim milk powder) and compresses very well (somewhat "sticky"). I doubt there's any reaction with MDMA or anything else someone would want to press. The true problem is getting a good press made out of precision drilled stainless steel. A design like this would be perfect for a single pill press:

Shown is a base, with a cylinder with a hole in it, and two small disks inside. The powder sits between the two disks, the rod comes down to push the pill together. This sort of thing is used all the time in the lab to make disks, but something similar and smaller would be handy for making the occassional pill.

PS. Yes, if you put a logo (in reverse) onto one of the disks or whatever, you'd get the logo stamped onto the pill.

pickler

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2002, 05:39:00 AM »

http://www.thomaseng.com/tab_index.html

Now that's a pill press!!! Woah

We'll soon FIND OUT if I'm a chemist or not!

fierceness

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2002, 06:16:00 AM »
Go down to the meth lab down the street -- swim bets they have LOTS of filler and binder for you to use :)

Scooby_Doo

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2002, 10:01:00 AM »
Argox mate thank you, your post last year was most definitely much appreciated. It took SWIS form getting all sulky and turing into a footstomping sware bear to someone with a big grin.

Lovin your work!  ;D

Rhodium

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2002, 12:26:00 PM »

...with a capacity of 800,000 tablets per hour. Wow. Now we just need to find out how to synthesize 100kg of MDMA per hour to keep that monster busy.

PoohBear4Ever

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2002, 01:50:00 PM »
The "war" would definitely bee over then...

PB

UKBEE

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2002, 04:55:00 PM »
80Kg/H is enough for 100mg dose tablets... unless you want 125mg Doses 100kg/H...i reckon balls to the walls 140mg doses :-)

I love the smell of Ketone in the morning.

goiterjoe

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2002, 09:00:00 PM »
it might be easier to synth 200g of LSD in an hour. :)

If Pacman had influenced us, we'd run around dark rooms eating pills and listen to repetitive music

Rhodium

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2002, 02:06:00 AM »
I would get a stomach ulcer from synthing 200g LSD per hour 8h a day, 7 days a week...  ;)

goiterjoe

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2002, 04:46:00 AM »
too bad, cause you'd make enough money to send fractal to the best medical schools around and have her take care of you afterwards on your remote island.

You could synth 11.2kg of acid one day a week.  That might require a larger glovebox though.  ;)

If Pacman had influenced us, we'd run around dark rooms eating pills and listen to repetitive music

Rhodium

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2002, 07:14:00 AM »
There is a 10+ kg LSD synthesis (by Hofmann) reproduced in Tihkal somewhere...

William_Omblome

« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2002, 08:51:00 AM »
That would really suck if you dropped the flask by accident.

When the elderly try to fuck around I break their hips.

Chromic

« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2002, 11:33:00 AM »
I'd simply burn the house down if I dropped a flask like that. I don't think there's any other way to clean up a lab spill like that...

scarface

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2002, 05:12:00 PM »
how much do those little presses cost?

BLAZE-1-FOR-THE-NATION...

GaRtRoN

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2002, 01:21:00 AM »
what else would work as binder ... Use that little word up there: SEARCH. The board is snotfull with pill posts! LT/

TranceMe

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2002, 06:24:00 AM »

Just drill out a square of metal, take some wooden pegs, put em together and park a car on it?

Good lord! And after doing a couple of hundreds, all that back and forth would really stress your clutch  :P  :P

Howz about 10 at a time? What exact force are we talking about (ft/lbs)?

Well, a bit more serious now, as I'm figuring it out, I (we) have some facts to start from, like that old Argox post on tablet pressing in ultra full detail. It even has formulas for  getting the exact force you might need to press an XXmg tablet.
BUT, if you like to go a little more "empiric" you can check the specifications from LITTLE lab presses, those single stage (nevertheless hydraulic) presses, you know. Well, they use a compression and PRE compression system. We can forget about the pre-compression, at least at the beginning. Always start simple, you'll have time to mess things up later  :P . So, we can see that things that they are able to press UP TO 11mm diam. pills, with a 10ton pressure, they have a max. depth charge of 17mm, etc.... Let's put 10mm for our sake and make math easier. Now that´s a whole damn pressure being applied. BUT, if you make it 10 at a time...well, math is easy. They say you can very well press nice pills with 1ton. Who knows? I don't ;)  Still, a 100mm pill would be a damn flying saucer! Ok, you can engrave almost anything there, still... I'd rather go for an 8mm standard. Now if you redo the math you get a little bit more "force"/hole.
I've been thinking about a "9 AAT" (at-a-time, yes, a new acronym) where any hole could be left unused (without affecting the rest) if found out that the kg/mm2 were not enough. Pressure is applied via a cam(shatf? still don't know about it, but cams surely) wich is moved by a modified hydraulic car jack ($50 at a repair store)
Also, I have very (VERY) raw sketches about a feeding system for a single press. Cause I'm trying to figure out both, a "various at a time" and a single press (here would work the feeding system). So far, if I can make something satisfactory with it, I'm pretty sure a single one would be better than a multiple set up, due to faster loading and expulsion.

Chemically enhanced.