Author Topic: pusdo distillation issues  (Read 6596 times)

menthol_man

pusdo distillation issues
« on: January 19, 2002, 06:42:00 PM »
SWIM is getting a stinky smell when he is steam distilling
psudo.  Swim uses 300Ml d-water + 2 Grams of psudo +1 gram
baking soda.  Boiling Temp is 144C and that psudo is taken
from equate brand pills.  They are ground up fine and
mixed with the water and filtered.  the liquid is put in
the simple distillation rig.  The resulting clear liquid
smells funny is that normal?  I cant really describe the
smell.. it's like its sweet but yucky... it would make me
vomit if i had to breathe too much of it.  Anybee know
anything abouth this?  There is proviodine (PVP) in the
pills.  I get a white precipitate that comes up at about 100C to 110C.  Is that the PVP getting detrroyed by the
temp?  Any bee know wbout that either?

Gott Mit Uns!

Osmium

Re: pusdo distillation issues
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2002, 07:11:00 PM »
> Boiling Temp is 144C

Are you sure? Water boils at 100°C...

menthol_man

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2002, 08:37:00 PM »
Well Its benzaldehyde for sure... its in SWIM's RB flask but not coming over (SWIM think's) beecause the
distilled stuff is clear.... but it has a taste to it so SWIM knows there is *something* in with that water.
I know benzaldehyde is red to yellow in color but my stuff is clear.  Is benzaldehyde in there?  Is
there a test for that?  Can SWIM stop benzaldehyde from forming?  Can anybee offer advice?

Gott Mit Uns!

Chromic

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2002, 08:50:00 PM »
Funky smell is likely the smell of freebase pseudo or the smell of phenyl-2-propanone, benzaldehyde smells exactly like the scent of almonds.

menthol_man

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2002, 11:22:00 PM »
The benzaldehyde comes into play when ephedrine gets heated too much (and the conditions are basic)
im not sure when it kicks in I think it's like 120C or maybe a little more it decomposes.  Using a digital
thermometer (calibrated at that, checked with a mercury one too!!) The way my rig is setup (it cant bee changed it's made that way) im
having to tilt it.
    _
   | |   __
   | |  //||
   | |// {8}
   |  /   {8}
   | |    {8}
   | |    {8}
  (__)   (__)

Ok the part with the 8's in it is the condenser and that can bee removed no problem but swims
rig has that arm that points up and it CANNOT bee changed.  SWIM has been forced to raise the
temp up to create enough steam pressure to get the water over the arm and into the condenser.
(when the rig is in teh upright position.)  Swim is broke and cant afford a vacume to overcome this
design flaw.  Can anybee think of a good solution to this problem.

Gott Mit Uns!

menthol_man

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2002, 04:36:00 AM »
Here is SWIM's NEW Psudo Steam Distillation kit made 100% from metal kitchen parts
The collection tank is a metal mold for a funnel cake.  Thats the most important piece.
Look at the blueprints... Make sure you save it that pic isnt gonig to bee up for long

Gott Mit Uns!

halfapint

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2002, 04:55:00 AM »
Glassware caution:

Do bee careful with that steam pressure. Blew a hole, almost perfectly round, out of the side of a 1 liter round-bottom, into its oil bath, when I inadvertently built a pressure-tight still and didn't notice. Hm-m, I thought, that could have been worse. (Another time, it was worse, but I'm still not talking about that time.)

Angel food cake pan assembly. Think that poly bag will work for a reflux condenser? How would you affix the top and bottom portions?

turning science fact into <<science fiction>>

menthol_man

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2002, 03:00:00 PM »
Well kids beecause swim's latest invention uses a thick clear plastic bag any excess pressure  would
just pop the thick plastic bag.  However when I got it it has two holes in it.  I scavenged it from
from the house.  It used to hold electrical cords.  It has two small and round holes (diameter of a no. 2
pencil) and i took a little piece of plastic and glued a flap over it so the evaporated psudo water would
stay but any excess pressure would vent.  There is a friction fit between the plastic bag and the funnel
cake can (water trap)  No chem glassware is used at all.  It's " ghetto " but it's very nice.  Nothing
should bee impovised here all the parts u need are commercially built and you just need to find ones
that fit together just right. 

Depending on reflux temps the bag im using holds up nice under 100C.  Your bag should bee stiff.
now to get the now clean psudo water out you gotta dissamble yuour rig.  Since this is unacceptable
to this tinkering bee Im going to drill a hole for a drainage tube so that the psudo water uses gravity
to drain into a waiting collection flask.  SWIM will also add a tube or something to the bottom pan
(dirty water processing tank)  so that SWIM can just pour in more liquid.  See now we can take these
hoses and when they are not being used they can bee coiled to prevent psudo water from getting out
but they will vent excess air pressure without any water getting out or make a push pull kinda setup
for the input and output hoses.  This still is so simeple but its SO FUCKING TIGHT beecause when SWIM's
done it will bee a lean mean psudo processing machine..  turn that bitch on and pour your filthy
providone pill water in and pure psudo water comes out the other end!!!  Just acidify and let water
evaporate out!!!!  I just wanna tell everybee when im finished here im gonna make the A/B process
obselete. 

I gurantee here that every bee will have their own $10 Distillation machine that's FULLY AUTOMATED.
so your manufacturing process would beecum :

Gring pills and add water. 
Filter.
Put ino M&M's psudo machine.  Get psudo freebase out other end
Acidify pure psudo water to make Psudo Hcl and evaporate for crystals

DO your RP / I reacction
Vigerously masturbate

Add water and shake to get all you meth mix out
Filter out solid RP
put your red / orange / yellow yucky water into meth distillation rig
(another psudo distillatoin rig... make em identical)
Get meth freebase out other end
Acidify pure meth water to make Psudo Hcl and evaporate for crystals
Let water evap slowly for HUGE MEGA CRYSTALS
Vigerously Masterbate again

Repeat process thinking how stupid , wasteful and time consuming a/b extractions are...
$ell dope and make mega bux

Mail a check for 10% of every sale to 

Menthol_man
125 Anybee street
Washington DC 20002

or alternately get a dark plastic bag and insert some beecum into
said plastic bag marked "hunny" and mail to :

Drug Enforcement Agency
Attn :Evidence Storage
Suite 14
47 Pennsylvania Ave.
Washignton DC 20001

Gott Mit Uns!

Jetson

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2002, 07:02:00 AM »
man, and here swij was building a fukin condenser and everything.... 

foxy2

Steam distillation of pseudoephedrine
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2002, 12:18:00 PM »
I thoght I would add this link to basic steam distillation information for newbee's.  Learn the theory and your life may get easier.
:)
Foxy

Post 255162 (missing)

(foxy2: "Re: distill pills", Newbee Forum)

Post 245775 (missing)

(foxy2: "Re: Steaming Goofy", Stimulants)

Post 48563 (missing)

(notfman: "Why Steam? Here's Why!", Stimulants)

Post 75610 (missing)

(Worlock: "Steam Distill pseudo-E ?? Failed", Stimulants)

NoJailForPot

(http://www.nojailforpot.com/)

menthol_man

Re: Steam distillation of pseudoephedrine
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2002, 08:26:00 PM »
Menthol_man is NOT a newbee  :P   BUT
thanks for the links (I missed a good one)

Gott Mit Uns!

fierceness

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2002, 08:45:00 PM »
I'm not exactly sure of the chemistry in steam distillation, but in my understanding it is the following:
meth or pseudo (freebase?) forms an azeotropic bond with H20 and when they are heated, the meth/pseudo is attached (still bonded) to the H20 (steam).  The steam is then condensed and collected.  If this is true, then I propose the following:

Have you ever seen those Iced Tea makers? you pour water in one side and attach a pitcher underneath.  The machine heats the water, makes steam, the steam is forced into this other chamber where you put your tea bags, it condenses, and goes through into the pitcher below.  What if you put meth/pseudo/contaminants/water into that chamber, turn it on, and let the steam carry the goods into where the tea would normally be made?  Any thoughts/ideas?

EDIT:  You could even put ice or whatnot into whre the tea would be and where the steam is shot into... would cool it down if necessary.  But i dont think it would be since it already works fine to make tea.. lol :)

menthol_man

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2002, 11:19:00 PM »
Hmm that seems very innovative and economical.  I will
definately look into it.  SWIM could have several of thoes
running at the same time... thanks for the idea  8)

Gott Mit Uns!

Jetson

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2002, 10:45:00 AM »
ah fierceness yeah...  swij was thinking along the same lines last night.  he was thinking of a mister coffee though.  ripped his apart but sadly he realised it didn't work exactly as he had thought.  the water gets sucked down through the bottom into a tube and gets heated and then back up to the coffee grinds and shit.  but yeah the fukin tea maker....   ohhh,  could save so much fukin time.  poor swij tweaked his last tweak last evening while up all night trying to fuk with his mister coffee.  he wanted so badly to distill his fukin shitty ass pills but alas he had to resort to the ole fukin wash em with everything in the god damn book method.  oh well,  it's tea time.  hope it works.

Jetson

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2002, 10:50:00 AM »
aawww!!!  damn-it!!!  swij just looked at his tea thingy and guess what...  it's a fukin mr. mother fukin coffee with the same set up as his fukin coffee maker....  holy shit man!!!   it's gonna be one of those fukin days eh?

fierceness

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2002, 01:05:00 PM »
OK, so here is a different idea.   What about those old-style tea-kettles... the kind that whistle when they are done?  What about putting a piece of braided pvc tubing into the hole where the steam comes out (thats what causes the whistling) and poking it through one end of a freezer bag full of salt and ice to help cool the steam, and then the and then it comes out the other end of the freezer bag into a sealed container with ice and some kind of pressure ventillation in case things get out of control...  the freezer bag acts as a condenser (you may even use more than one bag to increase the cooling effect)... you also should put the freezer bag at a lower point than the kettle so that the water goes into the collection container rather than back into the kettle.. these tea kettles are good because they have a built-in pressure ventillator...if the pressure gets too much, the way it is built allows for it to automatically vent some of the pressure with minimal loss of product...   Here's a picture of what i am kinda trying to convey.. excuse the artwork, when people say that I am sketching, they dont mean i'm picasso :)

humidbeing

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2002, 03:50:00 PM »
Not that I know anything about it (I don't), but given
that feirceness' theory is correct, you would'nt want anything to condense untill it had gotten into the place
you'd want to collect from. no?

This could be a thing where a coldfinger would be used,
 a large surface area coldfinger. It's not resubliming going
on but it seems similar in that a bond is formed
then broken, within a wide temperture range.
   If it solidfied on the "coldfinger" it would seem that
  it'd have to be scraped clean then put back in.
 This is just a theory :P

" It's the smell!.......I feel saturated by it...

fierceness

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2002, 04:44:00 PM »
Well, you want it to condense as soon as gravity will pull it down to the receiving flask rather than back up to the kettle.  Notice how the kettle is at the highest point, then there is a table, and then there is the flask on the ground.  I'm not exactly sure what a coldfinger is.  I know a condenser would work, but the idea is to have an easy-to-assemble and acquire apparatus

humidbeing

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2002, 03:53:00 AM »
Actually, that sketch does look a little Picasso-ish.

Nothing like andrew wythe though. ;)

" It's the smell!.......I feel saturated by it...

Jetson

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2002, 09:47:00 AM »
yup fiercy ole boy guess what swij tried right after the mr. coffee goes awry bit?  yup using his old lady's tea pot.  didn't work out quite as expected either.  the pour spout of the pot was a bit odd shaped and the hose didn't want to fit quit right so he had to use a drilled out cork.  that work ok but then all the steam proceeded to go right out the cracks at the top of the pot where the lid is.  the shite really needs to be sealed up nice and tight swij would think.  but from your pics. up there maybe your talking about a different kinda pot eh?  swij is thinking that either a boiling flask or barring the finding of one of those around here a pressure cooker is in order for best results.  swij also must now build a new condenser cause he fuked his all up while playing the coffee and tea game.  oh, and just an fyi, the condenser that is in the "building a home distilling apparatus" pdf on rhodiums site looks to be a nice poor man's condenser.