Author Topic: wanna make trans-4-mar with me! I just started it  (Read 2835 times)

trans4mar

wanna make trans-4-mar with me! I just started it
« on: January 18, 2004, 03:54:00 AM »
OK i just started to reflux my PPA/KOCN mix.

Using a
Gram condenser(i think, its the bubble one)

Hot Plate from wal-mart with small frying pan with olive oil in it.

500ml FB Flask

Cheap water pump from home depot and a 3 gallon bucket for the water/ice being pumped through the condenser. Using 2 frozen bottles of water to chill the water.

28Grams of +/-phenylpropanolamine(C9H13NO)HCI was added to 150mls or so of hot water in the flask.  Still looks like water! 

Then put in 12 grams potassium cyanate %97 and mixed well. Still looks like water!

Just put it on to reflux.  I used this PVC tape to seal the condenser with the flask. HD has it in the plumbing section. Its black and seals it water tight. Love this stuff.

The reflux is going at 130deg C. cause the condenser cant handle the 140deg reflux. should be no problem.  Its refluxing nicely.

Plus some kids are playing in front of my garage/lab and i dont have to worry about blowing them up. LMAO

Hold for update on step two...........

trans4mar

2 1/2 hours
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2004, 05:11:00 AM »
Ok.....

I have the 32%hcl from home depot. I used just about 1cup(200ml) disolved into 1ltr of water for my 2m solution????????? anyway

Into the flask i poured about 200ml water and then about 200ml of the 2m solution. I should have used less water cause i didnt wait too cool down and filter. O well we will see what happens

trans4mar

back to update
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004, 10:08:00 PM »
well i let the last reflux run about 3hours at around 130deg.  I let it cool down overnight.  Still just looks like water!

Now I have always felt like i was fckin up the last step cause my flask always turns milk white once i add my 20% sodium carbonate solution.  Trying to filter through coffee filters sucks too!

SO THIS TIME i just let the milky flask sit for the day. When i came back all the powder was on the bottom so i poured most of the water off then poured the rest on a plate to dry. 

11grams dry yeild.

THen i took some thinner(from HD) with toulene in it and heated to a nice boil.  I pour the powder in and let boil for a second till everything had disolved.  If everything doesnt disolve let it settle cause that shit is just junk on the bottom. Then i poured off the liquid onto a plate and left the solids in the flask.

After evaporation the crystals are almost clear and you can see them sparkle from across the room!  Looks 10x better than the pure ISO recryst.

Sorry about the grammer and sentence structure. Im one spun monkey right now and i cant spell for shit!

I still rather have some good old meth though!

SpicyBrown

Yep..
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2004, 08:46:00 PM »