Author Topic: LSD vs peptide coupling  (Read 38851 times)

n00dle

I got back to him/her about the writeup, the...
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2004, 07:48:00 PM »
I got back to him/her about the writeup, the person would have to redo the synth to get the right numbers.
But it does work, so SWIM guesses we will just have to wait for another peroson (or him/her) to run the rxn again.

armageddon

while waiting for a detailed writeup... *lol*
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2004, 05:32:00 PM »
Rf values for chromatography of crude product:

"Thin layer chromatography was carried out on purchased aluminium roll, Silica gel F254 (E. Merck AG, Darmstadt, Germany). The Rf values for LSD, iso-LSD and lysergic acid in the solvent system, chloroform:methanol (3:2, v/v) are 0.74, 0.45 and 0.06 respectively. The spots were detected by fluorescence under UV light 254 nm) and by spraying with 1% N,N-dimethylaminobenzaldehyde in ethanol:HCl(aq) soln. (sp. gr. 1.18) (1:1, v/v)."

..taken from 

../rhodium/chemistry
/14c-lsd.html

chemotype

huh?
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2004, 11:06:00 PM »
Someone coupled an unpurified, hydrolyzed extract of HBW seeds w/ diethylamine and tripped??  I guess it's possible but think of the impurities.  Even on a column it would be a bitch to purify.

n00dle

Someone coupled an unpurified, hydrolyzed...
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2004, 02:23:00 PM »
Someone coupled an unpurified, hydrolyzed extract of HBW seeds w/ diethylamine and tripped??  I guess it's possible but think of the impurities.  Even on a column it would be a bitch to purify.

So? What exactly is your point here? There is a huge dosage change upon lysergic acid amide and lysergic dialkylamides. The dosage for woodrose seed ingestion is anywhere from 4 to 10 seeds. Theoretically, if 4 to 10 seeds were extracted crudely, and hydrolysed, then coupled, the existing -single- dosage of LSA would be transformed into probably 20 LSD dosages. Ingesting 50-100mcg of LSA probably wouldnt do anything or bare effects, but 50-100mcg of LSD certainly will!

chemotype

It seems to me that you stated that reaction...
« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2004, 05:01:00 AM »
It seems to me that you stated that reaction was performed successfully.  I really want to hear more about it.  I was just simply astonished.  You were able to yield crystals of LSA from HBW seeds?

n00dle

it seems to me..
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2004, 08:21:00 AM »
Well it seems to me that you need to go back and re-read the thread, SWIM stated that he didnt perform any reaction. SWIM hasn't performed this reaction. SWIM won't perform this reaction. However, SWIM provided was povided with private 'assurance' that it did work, in the details that SWIM posted.

Why are you so suprised to see xtals come out of woodrose? Its just an acid/base alkaloid extraction. The better your defatting procedure, the better luck you will have at rextalising. Just like alkaloid extractions from like, any plant.

meme

LSA quick cold water extraction
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2004, 03:11:00 PM »
I remember some very good tests being done a few years ago at the lycaeum.  The best, cleanest, extraction compromise was to  extract the pulverized seeds with COLD WATER for FIVE to FIFTEEN minutes.

The LSAs were very soluble in water, and, although this extraction was not complete it was very clean.

I do not remember whether this specified HBWS, MG, or either seed, though ;)  I'd imagine that it is true for either.