Author Topic: alcohol vapor bad?  (Read 1479 times)

dumbjanitor

alcohol vapor bad?
« on: August 02, 2003, 12:35:00 AM »
when hash oil is thinned out with everclear, and you smoke the tincture, and smoked, are the vapors from the alcohol harmfull? Swim can taste it and its gross and makes swim wanna puke, but then again the oil on its own is very harsh, swims paranoid that he's fucking his body up from inhaling the vapor so if u can help him that'd be great!

Rhodium

It is about as bad as drinking the stuff, so...
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2003, 05:14:00 AM »
It is about as bad as drinking the stuff, so it is not good for you.

k0dog

I thouhgt thta
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2003, 12:51:00 PM »
I thought thta mjethanol vapour where highly toxic... but UTFSE I will not do you work for you...

Rhodium

Everclear contains ethanol, not methanol.
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2003, 01:15:00 PM »
Everclear contains ethanol, not methanol.

k0dog

sorry... I only read
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2003, 04:25:00 PM »
sorry only read the title of the post not the realy contents... after re-reading my comment should have been non-existant.. you win... sorry Rhodium

Chewbacca

acetone? propane?
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2003, 08:04:00 PM »
ive read that acetone/propane can bee used to make some excellent hash oil, and my  thoughts were similar to dumbjanitor.... how can people smoke the oil without chroming a huge amount of propane/acetone...?

pericles

Well,
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2003, 08:40:00 PM »
Dealing with the acetone possibility:
Firstly, the vast majority of the acetone would evaporate very quickly.
Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, there's no way you could smoke enough hash oil to equal the amount of acetone you'd absord from a few hours of washing glassware.

Acetone certainly isn't good for you, but there are worse things you could be inhaling.