Author Topic: what a nice easy route for LSA extract from HBWR  (Read 3253 times)

EvilMadChemist

what a nice easy route for LSA extract from HBWR
« on: November 09, 2003, 10:18:00 AM »
swim was wondering , whats a nice easy way to extract LSA from HBWR? if you got any links , that would be cool. swim just a noob chemist , just wanting to learn new things.

pickler

http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=13393
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2003, 02:40:00 PM »

EvilMadChemist

is there anything i swim can get,that nicer...
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2003, 10:21:00 PM »
is there anything i swim can get,that nicer then petroleum ether. that some nasty stuff.

EvilMadChemist

like Acetone?
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2003, 10:27:00 PM »
like Acetone?

hypo

PE isn't nasty!?
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2003, 10:30:00 PM »
it's about the most harmless substance we're using
here. (ok, apart from water and table salt.)

Un_Chambered

Hmmmmm,you know I bet TFSE might hold that...
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2003, 10:33:00 PM »
Hmmmmm,you know I bet TFSE might hold that information.It can also bee found in the first link you were given and it can probably bee found quite quickly but I'm not gonna do it for ya and i doubt anyone else will either.Good luck you'll find it bro.
Peace,chambered

EvilMadChemist

swim find it , im reading on PE right now , im
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2003, 10:38:00 PM »
swim find it , im reading on PE right now , im just wondering if menthonal better or PE dont matter there both posionus some way.

EvilMadChemist

or maybe even pure ether?
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2003, 10:39:00 PM »
or maybe even pure ether? if swim could find it.

hypo

eh...
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2003, 10:42:00 PM »
methanol as in meth-an-ol, ok?

methanol is very polar, PE is very non-polar. that
should answer your question. (i haven't even read the
thing you're talking about)

i'd rather drink some PE than methanol...

pickler

you ask for a link, you get one and still...
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2003, 10:42:00 PM »
you ask for a link, you get one and still complain. It doesn't get any easier than that. That extraction is a pretty basic one. If your complaining about that one you should find a new hobby.

EvilMadChemist

i am not complain, im just asking questions...
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2003, 10:53:00 PM »
i am not complain, im just asking questions wondering , about the chemicals , and is there is any better suitable chemicals , then those , sorry for my english and grammar mistakes.

Un_Chambered

I think reading the hive faq might help you...
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2003, 10:58:00 PM »
I think reading the hive faq might help you out man.
Bee's get tired and frustrated at answering the same questions a hundred times,questions they took the time and effort to learn for themselves.
good luck again.Peace,chambered.

Lucid_Dreamer

"i'd rather drink some PE than ...
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2003, 11:01:00 PM »
"i'd rather drink some PE than methanol..."

I agree, I would take a seizure over permanent blindness any day.

EvilMadChemist

well ok , thanks.
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2003, 11:03:00 PM »
well ok , thanks.

terbium

Different solvents - different properties.
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2003, 11:15:00 PM »
Different solvents have different properties - they dissolve different things etc.

Methanol and petroleum ether are about as different as two solvents can be. It is very unlikely that you would ever find a procedure that calls for one of these solvents where you could use the other in its place.

EvilMadChemist

can you guys recommend any good books for a...
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2003, 11:27:00 PM »
can you guys recommend any good books for a noob to learn about these chemicals, like what type of chemicals are polar and non polar , and then stuff like  water baths , and stuff like this also.

Tdurden969

Zubrick
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2003, 12:12:00 AM »
"The Organic Chem Lab Survival Manual" by J. W. Zubrick
seems to be the most noted here

And TFSE & Rhodiums page of course

T

EvilMadChemist

ok , swim decides that he would use PE for the
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2003, 04:18:00 AM »
ok , swim decides that he would use PE for the non polar , but he dont know if he should use EverClear 155 or Bacardi 151? or is there something better , that swim might able to get his hands on , that would work alot better.

EvilMadChemist

would this work better ...
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2003, 04:30:00 AM »
would this work better

http://www.al-chymist.com/site/579340/product/D000010-32oz

i guess its called Anhydrous Alcohol , 200 proof? would this work as a better polar?

Lucid_Dreamer

Petroleum Ether is not something you can ...
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2003, 04:31:00 AM »
Petroleum Ether is not something you can ingest, and not something you can find in alchoholic products, Everclear is 90 grain ETHANOL, ethyl ether and petroleum ether are completely different and are used in mechanics, I think petroleum ether is too, but not sure.

terbium

Alcohol and petroleum ether are both used
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2003, 04:39:00 AM »
Petroleum Ether is not something you can ingest, and not something you can find in alchoholic products, Everclear is 90 grain ETHANOL, ethyl ether and petroleum ether are completely different and are used in mechanics,
I think that EMC understands this. The typical procedure for extracting LSAs from morning glory seeds calls for the use of both an alcohol and then petroleum ether.

EvilMadChemist

no no , not ingest , hah PE for the non polar.
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2003, 04:39:00 AM »
no no , not ingest , hah
PE for the non polar. to get rid of the bad stuff out seeds
and well , i dont know what would be better EverClear , Bacaradi or that Anhydrous Alcohol or if there something better ? for the Polar Extraction for the good stuff in the seed.

Lucid_Dreamer

Woops, I have been missing shit like that for...
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2003, 04:42:00 AM »
Woops, I have been missing shit like that for weeks, sorry man, yeah, you can just get some 180 proof from the local liquor store for your purpose.

terbium

Alcohols
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2003, 04:44:00 AM »
You are likely to have trouble getting ahold of anhydrous alcohol. Since you don't want to use methanol then 95% reagent grade alcohol would probably be next best and after that then the Everclear.

EvilMadChemist

they dont sale nothing over EverClear 155...
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2003, 04:47:00 AM »
they dont sale nothing over EverClear 155 where i live, but i could get this

http://www.al-chymist.com/site/579340/product/D000010-32oz

Denatured Anhydrous Alcohol , but i dont know what Denatured means.

Lucid_Dreamer

Denatured means it isn't fit for ingestion, we
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2003, 04:51:00 AM »
Denatured means it isn't fit for ingestion, we have that here too, that would work even better than 180 proof, BTW what kind of country would regulate the proof of your booze, and force you to extract LSA, No Offense, I'm just curious buddy.

EvilMadChemist

california ,usa
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2003, 04:56:00 AM »
california ,usa

EvilMadChemist

they just have laws , i ve never seen anything
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2003, 04:59:00 AM »
they just have laws , i ve never seen anything above 155, nothing is forced , hah , swim just doing it for fun and just for learning new things.

Lucid_Dreamer

That's cool, in my state we are a bunch of...
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2003, 05:05:00 AM »
That's cool, in my state we are a bunch of heavy drinkin, wife beatin, pot smokin hillbillies, so things are more lax here and more on the low down than in a high profile area like that, maybe alot of alchahol poisonings there, I  still remember when I got Alchahol poising, I was cohereint nut I had a level of 1.8 and I didn't need charcoal since I hadn't had a drink since 30 minutes before the ambulance came and they gave me Librium, Librium beats the hell out of every drug I've ever had, I was still high the next morning, where I was strip searched since my blood tests also came back positive for other stuff :o  But It's not hard to get anyone's clothes off when their fucked up on Librium, anyway I digress, Good luck with the LSA.

midway

we have "95%" grain alc.
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2003, 12:24:00 AM »
we have "95%" grain alc. here...i cant believe that they dont sell that everywhere in the US. Perhaps visit a huge discount liquor outlet?
Denatured Alcohol usually means that theyve added methanol to the ethanol to make it unfit for consumption. It would be usable for your purposes here.

EvilMadChemist

well swim some how ended up with some ...
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »
well swim some how ended up with some Denatured Anhydrous Alcohol. he figured this is the best stuff he could find over anything else , since it pure and he just has to make sure its fully evaporated , before hand. he was wondering if there is any way to tell if it fully vaporated it not.