The Hive > Serious Chemistry

Weak effects are not necessarily a bad thing.....

<< < (2/3) > >>

xxxxx:
mephentermine (a,a,n trimethyl phenethylamine) is not a controlled substance and is rated as being 1/3 as potent as amphetamine. i would be interested in whether putting a cf3 or br on the 4 position or a 3,4 methylenedioxy would pass, since only schedule 1 and 2 analogs are currently schedule 1 compounds (last i read). of course if you put 3,4,5 trimethoxy on it this would be too much like mescaline for purposes of the 86 analogs act. comments please?

psyloxy:
In case it didn't catch your eye already:
#116 MDPH (http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/pihkal/pihkal116.shtml)

My last post still applies, even more when you see the statement "Quite like MDA" in the qualitative comments.

--psyloxy--

xxxxx:
i wasn´t able to post a diagram of the molecule, but the methyl groups are on the alpha carbon (and one on the nitrogen), so the compound does not have the amphetamine skeleton for the purposes of the analog act. #116 mdph is beta, beta dimethyl although it is incorrectly named alpha, alpha dimethyl (alpha is the first carbon (toluene) beta is the second (ethylbenzene), yes?). that is why mephentermine is interesting to me (although since my last post i have heard the compound may be a schedule iv controlled substance, so analogs of this compound would still not be schedule i controlled substances.)

starlight:
MDPH is alpha, alpha dimethyl. The alpha carbon is the one with the amino group. The beta carbon is the one next to the aromatic ring.

xxxxx:
picture in the link is 3,4 -och2o-c6h3-ch2-c(ch3)(ch3)(nh2). mephentermine is c6h5-c(ch3)(ch3)ch2-nh(ch3).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version