Author Topic: Australian Help!  (Read 8283 times)

12cheman12

okai guys this is what ive done.
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2004, 11:47:00 PM »
okai guys this is what ive done.
i had the 240mg 10mg anthis, 24 hour pills
crushed up and soak in mineral spirits over night to remove povodine
boiled in xylene times 3... not much gak come out when cold water was added to the xylene decants
then an acetone boil was done for good measure
pill mass was dry throughly and equal mass of sodium carbonate was added and 1/4 NaoH was added, everything was a nice powder and was mix together throughly while still dry, then some PCE (aussie equalivent to TCE) was added, just enough to moisten the mixture.
Xylene was added, heated a little and xylene decanted, a second pull was done (and accidently thrown out.. DOH!)
Now the Xylene is evapping and what is appearing are crystals that range from 1mm to 10mm in length and are extremly skinny, the crystals are looking like very very tiny glass rods... now i dont know if this is what freebase crystals look like, can anyone help? and once its dry completly i will weigh up to see how much ive got.
I started with 1.7g of pseudo sulfate... i ended up with 0.4g of freebase, and i still dont even know if these are freebase, if i did this same method with alot more, lets say 10g to start with, and i didnt throw out the pull, do you think i will be able to obtain a decent yeild?

kris_1108

Activate
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2004, 12:47:00 AM »
Hey did you add water or metho or anything to activate the base?
If not, you will have little or no pdef in you NP!!!!

12cheman12

i added PCE (brake cleaner) to activate the...
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2004, 01:05:00 AM »
i added PCE (brake cleaner) to activate the base, like in this post

Post 485645

(sublevel: "aussie pills", Stimulants)
PCE WILL activate the base wont it?

kris_1108

Trap
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2004, 01:23:00 AM »
I think that the PCE would be like a replacement for TCE (like in the tetra trap), and that either water or eth/methanol would have to bee added to activate the base...

In the tetra trap, TCE is used and water or methanol STILL has to be added to activate the base.

12cheman12

would methylated spirits be abled to use to...
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2004, 01:30:00 AM »
would methylated spirits be abled to use to activate the base (ethanol)

Ive been informed that terebine is the same as JD, so im thinking a PCE and Terebine wash should clean things up nicely then an A/B

jemma_jamerson

no sources mate!!! methanol works best, as...
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2004, 01:52:00 AM »
no sources mate!!!

methanol works best, as beez kneez describes
dont know about metho

12cheman12

what did i post that was a source?
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2004, 02:54:00 AM »
what did i post that was a source? and also can anyone verify that a PCE/terebine soak is the same as a tce/jd

wareami

Beep...beep...beep...Back UP...
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2004, 01:03:00 PM »
Terebine is not an equivalent substitute for JD.
The source indicated above somewhere, states that it contains:
INGREDIENTS
Mineral turpentine 72%
Cobalt octoate 14%
Manganese octoate 14%

The JD used stateside in battling OI and II gaaks contains only:
Petroleum Distillate
Naphthenic Salts

Accept only the real mccoy!
I'll look around an aussie search engine to see if JD is available at the consumer level.

The PCE will work to remove most polymers.
Since these are time released and most likely dry matrix, try doing an IDEA extract as outlined, followed by an A/B.
This should get ya closer than you are now.
The IDEA method was never performed on sulfate pills to the best of my knowledge and maybe somebee will offer some refining suggestions or warnings if this route is chosen.
There should be no side rxns with the sulfate using Acetone, Metho, Isopropyl, aqnd PCE as the wash mix.
In fact, if what was posted is true about the Pfed sulfates alcohol solubility issues, The IDEA Method might be better suited for sulfate compared to hcl pills.
If this seems like a worthy try, The write-up can be referenced here:

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/pseudo.xtract.smackdown.html

TCE and PCE are the same chemical!
Good luck!

12cheman12

oright im gonna give it a try...
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2004, 10:39:00 PM »
oright im gonna give it a try... just one question, with the idea method, the mixture that is used to clean pills are TCE, Acetone, denatured alky and iso alky, wont the two alkys PULL pseudo?, this is what ive never understood about this procedure. The aussie version of denatured is methylated spirits im pretty sure and i cant get ISO, well only 67%. So can i just miss the ISO alky?

8ball

Beep beep beep..to late
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2004, 12:39:00 AM »
Hey wares have a look at the bottom of this page in this link.

http://www.eezimmermanco.com/products_files/Japan.html

12cheman12

hmmm...
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2004, 04:49:00 AM »
okai.. well swim has concluded that the 240mg pills are just too GAKKED, swim has tried everything under the sun from PCE washes, bathes, waterless A/Bs, soaks bla bla bla... swim thinks the main problem in these are the swelling agent, cant get rid of em without JD, swim was told that terebine is the same as JD, but even using terebine in his methods swim could still not win... :( sad isnt it...
well the only 30mg pills on the market normaly contain 500mg of paracetamol and a whole bunch of other shit, and there are a few 120s, swim is thinking of buyin a bunch of dif pills, prob cost a few hundred bucks cuz of the dam aussie prices, and test them all, but before that swim thinks he might try some syrup extractions... swim is felling pretty depressed

popi

tetra carbonate etc
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2004, 02:39:00 PM »
Mate't,Jemma is right look in the small Auto,parts,supply stores and look for brake cleaner,usually red can.The per is the same as the tetra ,only one is 90%tet and 10%Co2,the other is 70% pure.Also look in Vcr,Tv repairs:=they have trichloroTtrifluoroethane used for Vcr tape head cleaner etc.Sodium Carbonate is at the pool supply stores here.Try at tourist's camping supply outlets for VmpNaptha,brought in for visitors from abroad for Coleman stoves and gas lites.Alot of cans say Colemans fuel on it,then in small print contains:VmpNaptha. Cheers

wareami

Behind the 8ball
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2004, 03:45:00 PM »
8ball: What am I missing? I didn't see what you are refering to.
PM if it is forbidden source stuff.

12cheman:That was two questions! ;D
just one question,
(1)with the idea method, the mixture that is used to clean pills are TCE, Acetone, denatured alky and iso alky, wont the two alkys PULL pseudo?,

The IDEA Method goes into detail about how to deal with the wash fluid that may have pulled pseudo because of the alcohol present. But since the sulfate was reportedly being dealt with, and if the sulfate solubility data is correct, then the alky should not pull much if any at that percentage.
(2)The aussie version of denatured is methylated spirits im pretty sure and i cant get ISO, well only 67%. So can i just miss the ISO alky?
Ibee used 70% Iso in the IDEA Method! The dry matrix is not a concern once it's disabled by the initial wash so try the 67% Iso. Methylated spirits from all I've read is the equivalent of Denatured Alky.
Use the methylated where ever Denat is called for.
Try aquiring anything other than 120's or 240's.
Good Luck.

240's can be cleaned
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2004, 04:03:00 PM »
SWIM doesn't recomend 240's to any of his fellow bees, but if you already have them, SWIM heard the IDEA method on rhodium will work, as will the TCE/JD.

SWIM has personally used the full turps cure w/ 240 Sudafeds and it worked.

12cheman12

okai for startes epherdine sulfate has ...
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2004, 10:40:00 PM »
okai for startes epherdine sulfate has Difficultly soluble in alcohol, where as PSEUDOepherdine is easily soluble in alcohol. So whoever said that pseudoephedrine not being soluble in alcohol is wrong. A simple search on rhodium will give you these answers.
Popi: your tellin me where to find sodium carbonate, PCE and non polar solvents... why? i have all these things arlready.
And i did do the IDEA method on the 240s, and still ended up with gaked shit... even after a dry a/b. And these are aussie pills remember.

kris_1108

How
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2004, 12:31:00 AM »
And i did do the IDEA method on the 240s, and still ended up with gaked shit... even after a dry a/b

How  did you know that the pseudo still had gakk in it?

12cheman12

when my solvent evaped, there were no ...
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2004, 12:47:00 AM »
when my solvent evaped, there were no crystals, nothing of the sort that even closey resembled pseudo.

honeysolution

Methanol
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2004, 11:32:00 AM »
DrLucifer: absolutely right - methylated spirits IS ethanol, with piridine added to make it taste horrible (probably other bad effects, too).
It's called "methylated" because it also contains methanol (from memory).

If you want methanol, it is used as a fuel for model airplanes/cars/boats etc. Just if you wanna buy it, just make sure you buy it straight - it's also available pre-mixed (for the 2 stroke engines) with oil, and sometimes nitro as well.
(NB methanol likes water - probably wanna dry it out before use)

abolt

It's called "methylated" because it...
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2004, 11:46:00 PM »
It's called "methylated" because it also contains methanol

No......its called "Methylated" because it used to contain Methanol.

The use of Pyridine has made the addition of methanol obsolete.

Methylated Spirits contains Ethanol, Water and Pyridine.

Shane_Warne

Any technique using alcohol or acetone as the...
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2004, 08:54:00 AM »
Any technique using alcohol or acetone as the basing medium is IMHO dirty from the outset, and has little potential for a very clean extract.

Any technique using toluene or xylene to extract with is also junk.

Although if you gas or titrate after using your obviously flawed method, then of course you might leave some of the gunk that you needlessly dragged along with your mighty extraction solvent.

How much gak do you think turps or petroleum ether pulls at the best of times?

Cellulose and hydrogels don't work very well after basification, because the pfed molecules become much smaller relative to the pore size of the polymer. And yes they are based even when within the encapsulation.

Each to his own.