Author Topic: Pseudoephedrine Sulfate  (Read 3646 times)

12cheman12

Pseudoephedrine Sulfate
« on: April 16, 2004, 09:25:00 PM »
Ive UTFSE but all the threads i have found on this just wonder of the topic very fast. What i am trying to find out is, Will Pseudoephedrine Sulfate, once cleaned and A/B, will the salt and freebase form react the same as pseudoephedrine hcl because somewhere i read that the sulfate freebase wont react because of something, and now im confused as hell. Can someone please clear this up for me... thanks

Aurelius

Freebase
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 11:18:00 PM »
Always use freebase- you won't be disappointed.

Then, you won't need to worry about the "form" in which your base appears.

12cheman12

so your saying, using pseudo SULFATE in the...
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2004, 12:23:00 AM »
so your saying, using pseudo SULFATE in the salt or freebase form is the same as using pseudo hcl in the salt or freebase form? that was my original question.

elfspice

freebase = no acid ion
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2004, 02:14:00 AM »
acid ions are HCl (hydrochloride) and H2SO4 (sulphate) in this situation. freebase means free base, ie free of an acid.

kris_1108

Yes
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2004, 08:20:00 AM »
Yeah what elfspice said.

When pseudoepehdrine is 'freebase', it is NOT an acid. So it is not pseudoepehdrine sulfate or pseudoepehdrine hydrochloride or anything. It is just called 'freebase' pseudoepehdrine.

Freebase pseudoepehdrine is not soluble in water.
Pseudoepehdrine hydrochloride or sulfate IS soluble in water.

If this freebase pseudoepehdrine is exposed to acid, it will take on that acid and become a salt. Meaning, if the pseudoepehdrine freebase is exposed to hydrochloric acid, it will become pseudoepehdrine hydrochloride. OR is it's exposed to sulfuric acid (???), it will become pseudoepehdrine sulfate.

And acid/base extraction involves -
-turning the pseudo in to a freebase form (wether it was pseudo HCl or pseudo sulfate), and
-turning it into a salt. We are interested in the hydrochloride salt, so we use hydrochloric acid, and we make pseudoepehdrine hydrochloride. Regardless of it starting form, this is what we end up with.

Aurelius

Digests
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2004, 10:05:00 AM »
Look at these- read -ALL- of the links.

These will help you to figure out what it is that makes the difference in the rxns you are interested in.

Post 422067 (missing)

(Aurelius: "Ephedrine Compilation", Stimulants)

Post 408293

(Rhodium: "The Stimulants Forum FAQ", Stimulants)

Read the "general Acid chemistry" section in this:

Post 398337

(Aurelius: "Compilation of Acid Reagents", Chemistry Discourse)

Osmium

Using pseudo sulfate in an rP/I2 reaction will
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2004, 10:12:00 AM »
Using pseudo sulfate in an rP/I2 reaction will produce a lot of stink (H2S) and waste your precious I2 and rP in side reactions.

12cheman12

awww thanks guys. Something thats beenĀ ...
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2004, 06:24:00 PM »
awww thanks guys. Something thats been bothering me for a while now you have just made as clear as... some good crystal meth lol thanks guys  ;)

auntyjack

worth mentioning
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2004, 11:46:00 AM »
h2s gas is rather poisonous making reactions using sulphate dangerous...of course you wouldn't use sulphate after reading this thread but you never know....

jemma_jamerson

drymatrix cure
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2004, 07:40:00 PM »
given to swim by warezy(am i)

Don't worry about the a/b using water if the a/b is being done after the japtetratone washes.

Waterless a/b's use alky instead of water for pills that have drymatrix(swelling agents) present.

If the washes are done first before the a/b to turn the sulfate into hcl then water won't hurt a thing because you'll be using clean pfed!...-end or transmission  :)

now since the earch engine is fucked at the moment i cant find out where jap drier is, an auzzie bee i know wont reveal here, gets jap drier, and those tetra brake cleaners are all from here