Author Topic: bufotenine  (Read 2720 times)

f0Ul_

bufotenine
« on: August 22, 2002, 05:12:00 AM »
is it possible to make DMT or 5-Meo-DMT from 5-OH-dmt?

Kinetic

yes and yes
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2002, 11:17:00 AM »
Fro DMT you just need to cleave the hydroxy group from the aromatic ring. Lithium aluminum hydride should do this, though I'm sure there are better ways.

Adding methyl iodide to your 5-OH DMT will give 5-MEO DMT.

I'm sure there are procedures on Rhodium's page (which may need to be adapted), and also somewhere in the depths of TFSE.

Lilienthal

Sorry Kinetic, both reactions you proposed don't ...
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2002, 10:22:00 PM »
Sorry Kinetic, both reactions you proposed don't work. LiAlH4 will not cleave and MeI would quaternize the amine. I don't know about a simple procedure for that (maybe diazomethane?).

Kinetic

oops!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2002, 11:28:00 PM »
:-[  :-[  :-[  :-[  :-[
Sorry, I completely forgot about the amine already present... I just 'adapted' the idea for adding a methyl group to the oxygen of a hydroxy benzene/benzaldehyde.

I suggested LAH because it was the first thing that came into my head; at the time I was thinking about aromatic halides, which LAH does cleave.
I promise I will not respond to posts again when I am so tired... 10:17 am, I'd just got up, after an 'interesting' night.
Sorry f0Ul_, I know it's annoying when people make posts like the above (mine I mean!). There will be ways to do this, just not the ones I suggested :-[ .

f0Ul_

dammit
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2002, 04:42:00 AM »
theres gotta be a way to swich the hydroxyl with a methoxyl or just remove that one oxygen

cilliersb

Protection or NaMeSO4
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2002, 01:30:00 PM »
Hi Guys.

In order to methoxylate the 5-OH you will need to either protect the amine function or you may be able to get away with a NaMeSO4 Methoxylation without protection.

As for quaternizing of the amine when you methoxylate 5-OH, you could - as we all know - de-quaternize afterwards using Ethanolamine. Yields may not be that great, but it is doable.

Where do you get your frogs from? ;)

f0Ul_

bufo valliceps
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2002, 12:10:00 AM »

PolytheneSam

Post 261108
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2002, 05:52:00 PM »

Post 261108

(PolytheneSam: "Re: psilocin to dmt", Tryptamine Chemistry)

http://www.geocities.com/dritte123/PSPF.html
The hardest thing to explain is the obvious