Author Topic: Betadine - 100ml Liquid or 500ml Solution?  (Read 2429 times)

Martian_A

Betadine - 100ml Liquid or 500ml Solution?
« on: August 27, 2004, 03:35:00 AM »
Does anyone know the difference between Betadine Antiseptic Solution & Betadine Antiseptic Liquid. The liquid comes in 100ml which costs more than the 500ml solution..

They both contain 10% Povidone-Iodine (1% Available Iodine).

SWIM is wanting to give navarone's "Finally! Povidone-iodine extraction!" precedure a go. Would SWIM have any problems accomplishing this using the 500ml?

SWIM is iffy about this just like sudafed. Redhots being cheaper than the gakky ones.

- Martian_A

navarone

no problem!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004, 05:40:00 PM »
no problem..if u have the right glassware, a nice heating source and read carefully all of my post it should work.
follow exactly wuts written on the povidone extracion post.
i figured out that u can use a ound glassware...just make sure its big and the liquid is 1-2 cm thin!
and another suggestion.....the mixture works better with the following concentrations....70% water 30% pvp tinture.

just follow wuts written in my post....remember to make a nice "pusher" and to dicard the white-yellowish povidone iodine mixture after every extraction.
dont u even think about adding more tinc to the liquid remaining from the extraction.

other few tips...if u see that at a certain poin the liquid doesnt discolour and stays pretty dark yellow.....raise the temperature or add a bit more water.

with 500ml tinc ull get 5 grams iodine in the condenser....unfortunately i will be pretty wet...but still is pure iodine. :)
do many extractions until the tincture is finished...then ull see a lot of iodine in the condenser..trust me!

have fun fella!!
read carefully my post and follow the tips i just gave you! ;)