Author Topic: Ethylenediamine  (Read 5963 times)

AEROSTATIC3

Ethylenediamine
« on: October 06, 2004, 11:07:00 PM »
Greets Beez...  I seem to be posting more lately, but hell with it.  SWIA has always been in it as a knowledge aficionado, and that someone absolutely adores the freedom you Beez and the Hive represent. But lately SWIA's shadow self has presented itself in SWIA's dreams and has asked for assistance time and again.  Shit, I digress.  SWIA  knows a friend who is employed at a photochemical supply place.  Therein they offer "Ethylenediamine(free base)" 181g/100ml... This, I take it, would be the same "   "  as found in the 'literature', correct?  At 181g/100 ml, would one bee able to discern purity?  Well, for the more educated of you out there (SWIA surely is'nt, tee hee), how much would  dissolve in 100 ml were it pure?  Don't know if I worded that right, but I think someone will get what I'm asking.  Elaboration will be greatly appreciated.  And just what is the stuff used for as far as the photochemical process?  SWIA has and will bee traversing to TFSE to see what's to bee found.....thanks!  AERO on da Beach

UncleFester

since I know ya..
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 11:59:00 PM »
I'll give you the obvious answer. Add a few NaOH or KOH pellets to dry, distill, then stopper quickly and you will have ethylenediamine suitable for royal blue.

AEROSTATIC3

thanks Unc....
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 03:14:00 AM »

toltec

I have tested this alot and the best i coud...
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 12:11:00 AM »
I have tested this alot and the best i coud come up with was a real shitty 25% yeald,meaning there was still some eda left in the final product.I have been gone for some time though,has there been a brake through with eda???