Author Topic: fuck heet wheres the gallons otc?  (Read 5855 times)

wyndowlicker

fuck heet wheres the gallons otc?
« on: July 15, 2002, 09:26:00 PM »
anyone have any imput on finding gallons of MeOH?Methyl alchol is this denatured alchol? :P

You don't try and wake up a man,when hes trying to be dead. -oysterhead

Ester_Chay

big hardware store
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2002, 10:15:00 PM »
big hardware store has it i think its called methyl ethyl or methyl alcohol

I HATE BLACK PIANO KEYS

CloudyDaze42

denatured is not meoh
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2002, 11:24:00 PM »
Denatured is ethanol with methanol/pyridine added(roughly10%i thinks.............. also swim seen methanol in bulk from racing supply places...hope that helps....

Elementary

Repeating myself
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2002, 11:33:00 PM »
I don't know about your country, but I find it quite easy to buy methanol for making my own fuel for my model airplane !

I've got nothing to do today but smile !

micro

Methanol
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2002, 01:17:00 AM »
Listen up hand:Locate you one high performance shop.Ask them if they carry methanol.If they do not they will know what high performance shop's do carry methanol in your area.After you do locate one you can expect to pay $1.80-$2.00 per gallon if in fact they sell gallons.If not you will have to purchase the entire 55 gallon drum which is right around $100 plus a $20 drum deposit.If this is not clear enough on how one should go about getting this product then by all means continue to load up with an armfull of little yellow bottles and proceed to checkout.Maybe no one will notice.........

GOD

swim assumes that 55 gallon purchases raise no ...
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2002, 01:25:00 AM »
swim assumes that 55 gallon purchases raise no flags - correct?

i FEEL funny.

Chromic

Fuck no
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2002, 03:17:00 AM »
A purchase of 55 gallons of methanol for use as fuel will not look suspicious. Just make sure you have the ability to carry it home with you.  :)  It's not something you can throw in your trunk. Otherwise, just limit your purchases to 20L pails. (btw, methanol from a chem supplier is significantly more expensive and not any better)

micro

methanol
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2002, 05:08:00 AM »
God,what do you think?One purchase of a 55 gallon drum of methanol that will last the entire year or weekly trips to the checkout counter with lots of yellow bottles. If it concerns you that much just have someone else purchace the drum for you.You have to remember these performance shops deal on this volume all the time.This is not the wally world auto section.

BooWho

more choices
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2002, 05:10:00 AM »
There is also a certain gem and jewelry supply house which is named after a certain "Grand River" which offers a number of sought after materials.
Such as methanol by the gal or a 5 gal bucket, methylene chloride, trichloroethylene, HcL acid, etc....

If you can't figure it out... pm Boo for more details.

boo

Three or more days of meth, no sleep, no food, and dehydration invites a psychotic episode.

goiterjoe

look like youi could work on a car
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2002, 05:32:00 AM »
You might want to dress the part of a gearhead before walking in there; that import-driving cityboy look isn't going to go over all that well with these places.  You pull up in a ford pickup wearing a wifebeater and jeans, and you'll have no troubles.  Buying yellow bottles sucks ass.   I used to burn through a gallon a day without thinking twice about it.  You end up running out of stores to go to where the clerks don't remember your face or your usual purchase.  If they ever asked, I'd tell them it was cheaper than buying high octane gasoline.  They'd look at the product and ask me what I was talking about; I'd tell them it raised the knock number when added to a tank of gas and would save wear and tear on older engines(which it does).  They never asked anything after that.

All paths are the same: they lead nowhere

noj

You can also find the nitromethane at the same ...
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2002, 05:57:00 AM »
You can also find the nitromethane at the same places. Speed shops, fuel depots, etc. Buying is no more suspicious than getting the fuel antifreeze, probably less so. Both nitromethane and methanol are used as remote controled racing car/boat/airplane fuel. One vender in particular stocks it just for me since I mentioned my "hobby". And I've never even seen one.

there's a big difference between criticizing your government and criticizing your country

xboXer

You know
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2002, 10:38:00 AM »
My trips for heet were now and again given a sideways glance but I told them I worked the local arena and we used the heet to "wipe the lenses" like they should know what I was talking about. they always said "Ohhh." like they were hip. Check with sign shop suppliers. they should have 5rs (5gal.) probably about 30 bucks depending on where you are.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Shut the door start the car!

BenWiFFen

Paper products
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2002, 10:26:00 PM »
In my area there's a big place that sells all kind of useable goodies. Printer supply and copying machines.

Give me libreum or give me Meth

OB1KNoBee

Paint /hardware stores
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2002, 10:41:00 PM »
Just go to the local paint/hardware store and ask/look for methyl hydrate. They sell 1 and 4 Litre  jugs. Or else some
Gas stations also sell it as engine line cleaner/ litres.

OB1

Jetson

shame shame...
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2002, 07:09:00 PM »
goiterjoe -  shame on you!  jetson happens to be an import driver and jetson does use such additives and whatnot in his car.  but jetson does know what you're talkin about.  jetson's not a ricer...  actually though he's been thinking of using his need for toluene as a gas additive to bump the octane for an excuse to obtain a few gallons or so of it.  since the disapearence of the local toluene he's been deprived of clean injectors. :(

the devil is so lonely >:(

platcat

methanol
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2002, 03:21:00 PM »
Bee's, methanol in a regular car = trouble.It is highly corrosive to fuel system componants and concentrations over 5% are not recommended.Now in the race world it is indeed a different story.Hence the reason for the LITTLE bottle. They only want a dilute mix to remove moisture from the real fuel(gasoline)in street cars. Race fuel systems for Methanol are designed for it. If you say your gonna put 55 gals in your familys cars for anti-knock  or any other reason it is sure to be questioned.Not that they are thinking what you are really doing but to save  you from destroying your fuel system,pump , injectors,etc.BeeWare.I like the model racers myself. Just find out the biggest most fuel hungry variety and say you have two of them,lol.

"The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe"FZ

wyndowlicker

hey now!
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2002, 04:54:00 PM »
Whats up cat?got a model number for one of those Rc cars it would sae haing to trapse trew miles of RC fan web sites?It would bee greatly apprectiated.How pure is the MeOH found in your hobby shops? :P

Elementary

How pure is the MeOH found in your hobby shops?
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2002, 05:30:00 PM »
How pure is the MeOH found in your hobby shops?

Pretty pure !

And also pretty anhydrous !

Perfect for pill extractions etc !

No indication of purity is given on the container, but I would say it has got to be above 95%

wyndowlicker

thanks!
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2002, 05:32:00 PM »
Alright thats what swiw was looking for thanks elementary!

Elementary

Methanol Pic
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2002, 05:47:00 PM »

mandingo

Nice pic,,,, that skull is eating his crossbones..
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2002, 08:57:00 AM »
that must bee some powerful shit!!  If you run anykind of high performance products on your vehicle... which you should (just makes sense) then you can use that as an excuse to bump up your
octane rating without buying premium fuel!!!

What is the shelf life of MeoH??

i need 5 Meonites of ya time!

Posterboy for Clean Meth!

Elementary

Shelf Life
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2002, 05:00:00 PM »
What is the shelf life of MeoH??

Methanol should last forever if it is stored correctly.

dr_ruthenium

Don't worry about "shelf life" of MeOH.
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2002, 05:03:00 PM »
Don't worry about "shelf life" of MeOH.  What's is going to do?  Rearrange to ...?  Buy it at your local drag strip.  About $12 for 5 gal.  Seems SWIDR fucked up about 5 aminations (of varying sizes, total ketone loss of about 250g), due to using denatured (has % MEK or MIBK) or distilled fuel line dryer (still don't know why those failed).  Now that SWIDR is MeOH fuel powered, all systems are go.  Beautiful blastoff last PM.

TRISMUS!!!

overclock

OTC
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2002, 06:18:00 AM »
If your hellbent on easy OTC, SWIM has found a lot of manufacturers of automotive "stuff" have MSDS's on their products on their websites. SWIM is paranoid about contaminents. Go shopping at a few stores, discreetly write down some product names and manufactures. Go home search the web, get the MSDS and you will know. This doesn't work well every time, but it has worked for several products for SWIM. Then there's no question.

Peace.
-OC

[EDIT] Sorry, SWIM got a little off topic. You can get it from local drag strips, local hot rod/ car shops, order it online as hobby fuel, order it online from race shops. Most will even ship 55 gallon drums, although a bit expensive. It's available in quantity at too many places to list, apparently your not doing too much research.

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

wyndowlicker

thanks overclock!
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2002, 08:48:00 AM »
Already found out about it.Thanks. :P

mandingo

since you said HEET, swim will confess
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2002, 07:19:00 AM »

HEET      aka- purified capsaicin...

Active Ingredients: Methyl Salicylate (15%), Camphor (3.6%), Oleoresin Capsicum (.025%)

Inactive Ingredients: Acetone, Alcohol (70%)

HEET this you savages!!

i must confess, one of the main reasons that fueled my desire for an easier , more idiot-proof method of educating others.  Whether it bee for the gooda..ora beea for da badd, , swim has had two
encounters with chemistry since his world was changed by the hive. Both of them ended up a fucking disaster.
Swim was overwhelmed by the clean gods and in haste made a poor decision.. after reading about 3 or 4 threads on recrysta sation, , he took some fluffy gupchucker honey and decided to " clean " it up a little..
The result has remained in the freezer, knowing that one day the well could bee dry and he would have no choice but to try clean up his mess.. and what a mess it is..
swim has/had rounda bout 8 Goodolegooduns dissolved with this shit... BUT IT DID RECRYS A LITTLE!!
:)   iS THAT considered a small victory>>
not if you could smell this shit

reeeeeeaaaaaaaarrRRRR

i need 5 Meonites of ya time!

Yes! I am scared to make it!

Posterboy for Clean Meth!