Author Topic: Translations of Articles Wanted  (Read 20376 times)

Chimimanie

German translation: mescalin analog
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2003, 09:45:00 PM »
Can someone translate the 'Resultate und Diskussion.' and the experimental of that:

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/pdf/mescaline.4-subst.analogs.pdf

Post 423427

(Rhodium: "Synthesis of Novel Mescaline Derivatives (German)", Novel Discourse)

I am especially interested in fluorinated mescalin analog 8)

Thank! :)

Rhodium

Russian Translation of 2,5-DMA Synthesis
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2003, 02:28:00 PM »
Novel method for synthesis of 2-(b-aminopropyl)-1,4-dimethoxybenzene.

Zhurnal Prikladnoi Khimii (Sankt-Peterburg), 72(10), 1691-1696 (1999)

(https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/pdf/archive/25-dma.russian.pdf)

Abstract originally posted in

Post 426579 (missing)

(Chimimanie: "ref on dimethoxy-alcohols", Russian HyperLab)

The full article originally posted in

Post 428187 (missing)

(Flogiston: "Fire in the hole!!!!!", Russian HyperLab)
(DjVu format, last page has a minor data loss)

Edit: It seems like we have the experimental part already translated in

Post 449248

(Flogiston: "Novel method of synthesis of 2-(beta-aminopropyl)-", Novel Discourse)
(Thanks for noticing, Chimimanie, and thanks Flogiston for the translation - I honestly missed to read that post above last month).

Still, the first part of the article with results and discussion, it surely must contain interesting information unknown to western science. Can any russian speaker please look it over and summarize any interesting discussion about optimization, side reactions and references to related syntheses? There is no need for a word-to-word translation, I am just interested in taking part of any interesting information disclosed in the article.

Herr_Ovalmeister

Here's the articles mentioned in Post 453204...
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2003, 12:26:00 AM »
Here's the articles mentioned in

Post 453204

(Herr_Ovalmeister: "Bulletin de la Société chimique de France...", Novel Discourse)

Can anyone translate these?

http://www.sciencemadness.org/scipics/LaDecarbI.PDF

http://www.sciencemadness.org/scipics/LaDecarbII.PDF

Herr_Ovalmeister

for Post 453387 Here's the first paragraph.
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2003, 04:39:00 AM »
for

Post 453387

(Chimimanie: "German translation: mescalin analog", Novel Discourse)

Here are the first three paragraphs.

Results and Discussion -- In contrast to the earlier described method for the production of 2-(4-alkoxy-3,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-ethylamines first by alkylation and then reduction to the 2-phenylethylamine derivative following [8a] [8b], one made use of the commercially obtained syringealdehde (4-hydroxy-3,5-dimethoxy benzaldehyde; 7).  The ether synthesis with an alkyl halide RX in DMSO and with K2 CO3 and a catalytic amount of KI [12] also provided good to high yields by applying this reaction (83-97%; with an exception: 50% for 8c) and the reaction was finished within 1-3 hours.  The aldehydes 8a-i produced are of sufficient purity and were used in the Henry reaction with few exceptions without further purification.  (Schema):  Condensation of the aldehyde 8a-I with MeNO2 or EtNO2, which simultaniously serves as solvent, to the nitro-olefin 9a-e, respectively.  11a-i was very efficient assisted by a catalytic amount of BuNH2 and AcOH, comparable with many other aldehydes [13].  Reaction times of 15-60 minutes are enough to complete the conversion.  Yield (50-99%) depends on the efficiency of purification by crystallization.  Important:  it appears when monitoring the end of the reaction, in many cases byproducts are formed already a few minutes after completion of the reaction.

Interestingly enough, both nitro-olefins 9a and 9b are produced as the (E) and the (Z) product ((E)/(Z) 57:43 and 45:55).  In an entirely different synthesis the trans product is formed exclusively.  Using 1H-NMR spectroscopy it can be shown that occasionally two products with the same "splitting up", although partly very different chemical displacement (shift?) were present.  The GC/MS analysis showed that the product just from the mass passes (the test); the mass corresponds to 9b and 9c, respectively.  The effect of the temperature and the achirality of the GC-column were not further investigated, therefore the sequential reaction provides the desired product.

The reduction to the phenylakylamines 10a-e and 12a-i takes place with AlH3, generated from LiAlH4 and H2SO4 in THF [8d], where its shown that its enough when 95-97% H2SO4 is used instead of 100% (from oleum and concentrated H2SO4).  The yield as HCl salt is 49-81%.

Chimimanie

thanx
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2003, 10:49:00 PM »
Thank you for the translation, mister ovalmeister  :)

for the decarboxylation article in french, which part are you interested most?

i have trouble with your pdf, but i own one of those article in my personal refs, and the other one i could fetch it at library soon. As far as i remember, the method use a ketone, like acetophenone, and they have got good yield for tryptophan, but not so good yield for alpha-methyl-phenylalanine, due to transamination reaction.

Ask me which part you are interested, for me i think the tryptophan one is good, and i will traduct you the relevant experimental if you are interested.

Chimimanie. 8)

Lego

Reduction of oximes w/ yeast,Ph.D. thesis Brazilia
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2003, 05:36:00 PM »

http://biq.iqm.unicamp.br/arquivos/teses/ficha38180.htm

Edit: I noticed you had to register; the direct link for this thesis is:

http://biq.iqm.unicamp.br/arquivos/teses/IQ38180.pdf

Autor: Kreutz, Olyr Celestino

Título: Síntese de a-oxo-o-metiloximas e Redução Enantiosseletiva com Fermento de Pão. Obtenção de Intermediários para a Preparação de 1,2-aminoálcoois Quirais

Ano: 1999

Orientador(a): Prof. Dr. Paulo José Samenho Moran

Departamento: Química Orgânica

Palavras-chave
Biotransformação, Baker's yeast, Saccharomyces cerevisiae

Resumo: Neste trabalho foram desenvolvidas metodologias de redução assimétrica de alfa-oxo oximas do tipo ArC(O)C(NOR)R, utilizando Fermento de Pão como agente de redução assimétrica. Sintetizou-se várias alfa-oxo oximas (64 a 96% de rendimento) com o objetivo de estudar a influência dos grupos Ar, R e R (Ar = Bn, Furil, Naftil, 3,4-metilenodioxifenil, R = R = H = alquil ou aril) na enantiosseletividade da redução da função cetônica pelo Fermento de Pão (Saccharomyces cerevisiae). Os resultados obtidos na redução enantiosseletiva destes compostos demonstram a grande aplicabilidade desta estratégia na síntese de 1,2-aminoálcoois opticamente ativos. Os álcoois obtidos (65-99% de excesso enantiomérico) podem ser intermediários para a preparação da norefedrina, norpseudoefedrina e análogos. Foi feito um estudo de Ressonância Magnética Nuclear para determinação da configuração (E/Z) da ligação C=N destas oximas. Para tanto, sintetizou-se os dois isômeros possíveis e, através da comparação dos respectivos espectros de RMN H e C foi possível estabelecer a configuração.

Abstract: In this work, methodologies for asymmetric reduction of alpha-oxo-oximes, ArC(O)C(NOR)R, had been developed using Baker's yeast as reduction agent. Several alpha-oxo oximes (64-96% yield) where synthesized in order to study the influence of the groups Ar, R and R (Ar = Bn, furyl, naphthyl, 3,4-mehtylenedioxyphenyl, R1 = R = H = alkyl or aryl) in the enantiosselectivity of the reduction of the keto function by Baker's yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae). The results of these enantioselective reductions indicate the great applicability of this strategy in the synthesis of optically active 1,2-aminoalcohols. The obtained alcohols (65-99% ee) are intermediates for the synthesis of norephedrine or norpseudoephedrine analogous. A Nuclear Magnetic Resonance study was made to estabilish the E/Z configurations of the C=N bond of those oximes. In such way, the two possible isomers where synthesized and, through the comparison of the NMR H and C spectra of these compounds it was possible to assign the respective E/Z configuration.

The author synthesizes optical active norepedrine-derivates of MDA via reduction of [alpha]-oxo-oximes with yeast.

Could some Spanish/Portuguese (sorry, don't even know the exact language of this thesis) speaking bee translate the essential parts of the Ph.D thesis and post it?

Thanks alot......

Major_Armstrong

Need translation of the Cong Nghiep Hoa Chat...
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2003, 03:20:00 AM »
Need translation of the Cong Nghiep Hoa Chat article mentioned here

Post 398635

(Mountain_Girl: "Methyl Eugenol synth references", Novel Discourse)

http://home.ripway.com/2003-12/43034/Chemtext1/CongNghiep1.tif

http://home.ripway.com/2003-12/43034/Chemtext1/CongNghiep2.tif

http://home.ripway.com/2003-12/43034/Chemtext1/CongNghiep3.tif

In table two (Bang 2) on page 1 the right side is reaction time in hours.  It appears that 5 hours is enough to reach equilibrium when mixing CH3OH and H2SO4.  Table 1 seems to show that a molar ratio of CH3OH/H2SO4 of 1:1.5 provides the best % yield of CH3SO4H.

karel

Translation for Lego
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2004, 11:29:00 PM »
An improved preparation of phenylacetone
Kizlink, Juraj  

Chemicke Listy  (1990),  84(9),  993-4.

(http://hyperlab.0catch.com/ChemickeListy_1990_84_993.djvu) Journal  written in Czech.

Abstract
PhCH2COMe is prepd. in 52-67% yield from PhCH2COOH, AcONa or AcOK, and Ac2O in the presence of anhyd. CuSO4 at reflux for 24 h.

Here is translation of Slovak article from Chemicke Listy:

Phenylacetone - benzylmethylketone, 1-phenyl-2-propanone, C9H10O, is important intermediate in chemical, pharmaceutical industry and cosmetics. It is prepared by various methods; one branch of them are they using Grignard reagents [1,2], chloroacetone [3] or by saponification of phenylacetonitrile [4,5]. The second branch is based on decarboxylation of phenylacetic acid (or its salts) and reaction with acetic anhydride. For those methods the most determining factor is velocity and completeness of its decarboxylation, which can be improved by various catalysts. Reaction can be conducted by dry distillation of calcium salts of phenylacetic and acetic acid [6,7], boiling of mixture of these acids with alkali acetates [8-10], pyridine or quinoline [11], or methyllithium [12]. Advantageous are also the methods based on passing of phenylacetic-acetic acid mixture over various catalysts as ThO2 [5,13] or MnCO3 [14] at 350-400 C. Crude product is usually purified by fractionation or bisulfite method. Pure phenylacetone has m.p. -15 C, b.p. 215 C, d = 1.0018, nD = 1.5164; its
semicarbazone [8,11] has m.p. 188-198 C, thiosemicarbazone [15] m.p. 155 C, phenylhydrazone [9] m.p. 85 C, 4-nitrophenylhydrazone [16] m.p. 143 C and 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazone [17] m.p 156 C.

Disadvantageous is long reaction time 24-72 h for liquid-phase methods and workup of the reaction mixture by neutralization with hydroxide, extraction or fractionation of its large volume for all methods. Yields are 30-50 % for liquid-phase methods and 40-65 % for gas-phase methods. The improved method provides yields min. 50 % with shorter reaction time, removing of the neutralization step, and replacement of extraction by easier decantation.

Experimental

To a mixture of 136 g (1.0 mol) phenylacetic acid, 70 g sodium or potassium acetate, and 16 g (0.1 mol) anhydrous cupric sulphate is introduced 2000 ml anhydrous acetic anhydride* in 4000 ml flask. The mixture is refluxed 24 h. After cooling 500 ml of solvent (CCl4, CHCl3, CH2Cl2) is added and the mixture is poured to a flask containing 2000 ml ice-water. After separation of layers upper layer is removed and lower layer is three times decanted with water, separated, dried (Na2SO4, CaCl2), and distilled. The solvent is distilled off and fractionation column is placed on the top of the flask. Remaining acetic acid and acetic anhydride is then removed, pure product is collected at 100 C (15 torr). Yield 70-90 g (52-67 %).

* Technical product, which contains water, can be dried by adding 10 g thionyl chloride.

Rhodium

French: 4-chlorobutanal
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2004, 06:00:00 PM »
Could somebody who can read french take a quick look at

Bull Soc Chim France 1441 (1963)

(https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/pdf/archive/4-chlorobutanal.grignard.djvu) and see if the article contains any 4-Chlorobutanal information of use (they're doing a grignard, but I can't read much beyond that).

I just want a summary of what they are doing, not a full translation (for now).

hypo

4-chloro-butanal??
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2004, 08:32:00 PM »
they're comparing the action of Mg on halo-ketals:
in ether the ring is opened to give a glycol-ether
in THF the grignard reagent is formed except for saturated
alpha- or beta-halo-ketals.

i fail to see the connection with chlorobutanal except that
it could give a halo-ketal?

jsorex

Lego, it says on the first page that it (or at
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2004, 05:39:00 PM »
Lego, it says on the first page that it (or at least a part of it) has been released in English:

Baker's yeast Reduction of (E).1.phenyl-1,2-propanedione 2-(O-methyloxime). A Key Step for a (-)-Norephedrine Synthesis. Olyr C Kreutz, Paulo J. S. Moran, José A. R. Rodrigues. Tetrahedron: Assymetry 1997, 8, 2649.

I could translate some part of it. I don't see anything valuable in it though? Which part is it that you are interested in?

silenziox

For Antoncho
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2004, 06:13:00 PM »
Could Antoncho or any other HyperLab Bee translate the following post:

Post 419906 (missing)

(Potter: "3-HO-4-Me-P2P èç î-êðåçîëà", Russian HyperLab)

Zamboni

Aptechnoe Delo 1958
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2004, 04:34:00 PM »
Russian article needs translation (all or most important points).  Aptechnoe Delo (Apothecary's Stuff).  Found in Chemical Abstracts 54: 12491e:

http://home.ripway.com/2004-2/71090/Chemarticles/AptAbs.jpg

size = 55KB

(5 MB maximum transfer per day for free accounts)

pdf of article and English abstract:

http://home.ripway.com/2004-2/71090/Chemarticles/AptDelo.pdf

size = 519KB

Questions:

1) What solvents are used in the liquid chromatography process?

2) Do they determine the concentration of apiole and/or myristicin in solvent or chromatographic fractions by using sulfuric acid as an indicator and then using colorimetry or a spectrometer?

azole

Re: Aptechnoe delo
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2004, 04:28:00 PM »
From
Spasmolytic substances present in the seeds of Petroselinum sativum.
D. G. Kolesnikov, N. P. Maksyutina, and P. I. Bezruk
Aptechnoe Delo, 7(4), 27-30 (1958).

<Satisfactory analytical data were obtained for the isolated substances.>

For the isolation of apiole, the following adsorption chromatographic method was developed:
   Parsley seeds are extracted with ethyl alcohol; after cooling to 10-12 °C, allyltetramethoxybenzene crystallizes out (m. p. 25 °C); the alcohol is evaporated, and the residue is treated with ligroin. The ligroin-insoluble residue (a mixture of flavonoglycosides) is separated, and the ligroin solution is chromatographed on alumina. The eluate (each liter) is monitored using a color reaction with concd. H2SO4, and the content of extractives is determined (probably by evaporating the solution and weighing the residue). The results of the chromatographic separation are presented in Figure 1.

Figure 1. Separation of the ligroin extract from 10 kg of parsley seeds.
a - fatty and volatile oils; b - apiole and myristicin; c - a substance with m. p. 145 °C.

The oils are eluted first, then follow apiole and myristicin, and the last eluted is the substance melting at 145 °C. Apiole crystallizes easily (m. p. 30-35 °C) after evaporating the solvent and cooling. Its yield is 1.5% of the weight of dry seeds (myristicin 0.6% (liquid), allyltetramethoxybenzene 0.001%).

The authors didn't specify the volumes of ethanol and ligroin used for the extraction, and the amount of alumina. No boiling range is given for ligroin (actually called benzin in the article). The eluent was not explicitly mentioned; one can assume that it was ligroin. - Comments by azole.

Zamboni

Thanks, azole. BTW, it appears to say in table
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2004, 06:22:00 PM »
Thanks, azole.  BTW, it appears to say in table I that the reaction of H2SO4 with apiole or myristicin gives a red color while with tetramethoxyallylbenzene its colorless.

lugh

Polish Translation Needed
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2004, 03:31:00 AM »
From

Post 485919

(Zamboni: "Dissertationes Pharmaceuticae", Novel Discourse)

Infrared absorption spectra in the 1-14 micron range of apiole, 1,2,3,6-tetramethoxy-4-allylbenzene, myristicin, etc. obtained from various essential oils are recorded and discussed.

http://home.ripway.com/2004-2/71090/Chemarticles/DissPharm63-419-426.pdf

:)

Major_Armstrong

Thanks, lugh. Here's the abstract from ...
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2004, 04:23:00 AM »
Thanks, lugh.  Here's the abstract from Chemical Abstracts:

CA61:4145b

Infrared spectrophotometric studies of compounds occurring in essential oils.  I.  Teresa Biernacka, Barbara Kontnik, Andrzej Parczewski, and Zdzislaw Rajkowski (Akad. Med., Warsaw).  Dissertationes Pharm. 15(4), 419-26(1963)(in Polish).  The infrared absorption spectra in the 1-14 µ range of apiole, 1,2,3,6-tetramethoxy-4-allylbenzene, myristicin, osthole, peucedanin, and alantolactone obtained from various essential oils are recorded and discussed.

java

Die Synthese optisch aktiver ...(English needed)
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2004, 08:25:00 PM »
Die Synthese optisch aktiver N-Monomethyl-Aminosäuren
P. Quitt, J. Hellerbach und K. Vogler
Helv. Chim. Acta 46, 327-333 (1963) (

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/pdf/n-methyl-amino.acids.pdf

)

Abstract
A synthesis of optically active N-monomethylated amino acids (V) is described. It involves a three-step process, starting from optically active amino acids (I) which are converted into their benzyl derivatives (III), subsequently methylated (IV) and finally hydrogenolyzed. The reaction sequence proceeds without racemization

English translation need ....java

Lego

French translation of tryptamine synthesis needed
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2004, 10:28:00 PM »
Can any french speaking bee translate the interesting parts of this article?

No 226. - Recherches en série indolique. XVII. - Préparation de quelques indolines, indoles et tryptamines oxgénés en positions -4 ou -6 par cyclisation "arynique"
Marc Julia, Hubert Gaston-Breton
Bull. Soc. Chim. Fr., 1966, 1335-1342

See also:

Post 514448 (missing)

(Lego: "More on nitrostyrenes and lithium enolates", Tryptamine Chemistry)

Merci beaucoup!  8)

armageddon

Re: Die Synthese optisch aktiver ...
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2004, 07:52:00 PM »
Java: which part of the article are you interested in? I would suppose the experimental part? I'm asking because seven pages is a whole lot of text, so I probably will only translate the part desired by you - is it the rxn mechanism/theoretical part or the experimental/preparative part you'd prefer for having translated?

Greetz A