Author Topic: AMT, What's it like?  (Read 3129 times)

GodOfEmptiness

AMT, What's it like?
« on: November 14, 2001, 08:36:00 PM »
Have been to Erowid/Lycaeum and researched AMT before deciding to experiment next week. I know about it's MAOI properties. What I'm looking for is any info about what it's like, advice, best set/setting, dosage for effects, etc. before embarking on further research from fellow tryptamine hivers. Thanks in advance!

My ears see what my eyes hear while my nose tastes what my mouth smells..

abc123

Re: AMT, What's it like?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2001, 10:41:00 PM »
Look in Tihkal for the specfic information you seek regarding facts about AMT. Personaly I find this drug to be a little on the speedy side w/ very little to offer if your looking for any visuals. My circle usually perfers to smoke it because it conserves the drug. (although ya can eat it if you don't mind the nasty taste... this compound is a definate canidate for a gel cap or t.p. parracute ;) )If you do "smoke" it be sure to vaporize it and not burn the raw powder directly w/ any flame. Here's a hint if it's on fire your doing it wrong. This stuff is potent so respect it or else it will kick you in the ass. It has a long period of action so plan on experencing the effects for 8-12 hours... As a final note you may wish to have some valium or other benzo's on hand in case the experence becomes too much for ya. I know I've been kept awake by AMT more than I care to recall. Hope this helps.

Calamus

Dad made whisky and he made it well, cost two dollars....burned like hell......GD

Trenchcoat

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2001, 07:57:00 AM »
I've done quite a bit of AMT. It's a different experience every time. It's ussually more like tripping but sometimes it feels a lot like rolling. Sometimes I get amazing vivid closed-eye visuals, sometimes I get no visuals. A friend of mine who took it with me reported open-eye visuals. It always fills me with energy and seldom am I able to fall asleep that night. Sometimes the body load is too much and I puke from it. I recommend 50mg on a fairly empty stomach. Do it in the daytime so you'll have a chance of getting to sleep. If you get sick the first time, try again. Like I said, it's different every time. The best thing I ever did on AMT was go to a pet store. Try it if you can.  :)  :)  :)

Better loving through chemistry.

Trenchcoat

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2001, 07:59:00 AM »
In what ways is the experience different when smoked than when taken orally? I have never tried smoking it.

Better loving through chemistry.

AlucardX

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2001, 09:25:00 AM »
i agree that AMT tends to be different everytime you do it, however i always thought that about tripping in general. However each pyschedlic does have thier own apparent qualities. anyways, AMT is very long you have to plan your whole day around it and definitely the day after to relax. You're in for an intense trip but its a lot of fun, i found the visuals to be quite unique, very sureal images appearing in carpets or on walls etc, only thing that sucks is i have a hard time remembering most of it. theres definitly empthy with this drug, i've read about the rolling qualities but unfortunatly everytime i've done it i haven't really felt any xtc-like rush.
AMT puts you in a pretty good mood for most of the trip and its a lot of fun. I dont think much mind expansion or finding the meaning of life with this drug will happen, in my opinion its a recreational pyschedlic. keeps you up all nite since its also pretty speedy. negative effects that i found included: massive jaw tension worse than anything xtc could give you because it goes all nite, easily 8 hours of jaw shaking; eye wiggles, not necassirly a bad thing because it gives really interesting visuals but some could find it annoying; you'll probably puke the first time you did it, i think once you take it once and get used to it you wont do it again, thats just me though; the comedown is probably the worst part, i recommend having benzo's on hand for when you want to goto sleep because without them there's no way you'll sleep, except to be cracked out. and i dont recommend trying to work the next day it sucks :/

given all this AMT is still a lot of fun its just not something i can do a lot.