Author Topic: suggestion for efficient low cost evaporator (?)  (Read 2466 times)

lilkemika

suggestion for efficient low cost evaporator (?)
« on: March 12, 2004, 07:59:00 PM »

ApprenticeCook

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 08:09:00 PM »
What are you evaporating from what?
Got to be carefull with materials used, esp metal radiators as you have in your diagram, basically anything metal should be taken out, thats why all sci equiptment is glass.

So is this a distillation aparatus or just something to dry a substance? to remove water from a substance?
I reserve opinion untill you put up an exact definition and step us through how its supposed to work.

-ApprenticeCook

lilkemika

erm.....
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 08:20:00 PM »

ApprenticeCook

Re: But a "radiator" made of glass...
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 10:05:00 PM »

But a "radiator" made of glass would not have too much area for temperature exchange or at least bee quite expensive...?

Its called a distillation condenser.

This will result in moisture, that drips into the bottle in the lower right.

Not all the moisture condenses like that, you will have to use another method to help like a CaCl2 bubbler or some such.

This cool, dry air gets warmed by the warm air in the radiator and further heated by the fan dryer.

Why not just suck in room temp air, through a drying tube

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/equipment/inline.gas.dryer.html

into a heated blower (hair dryer? how are you going to attach the air inlet tube?) then into the box with your glass plates then just vent it for water evaporation or via a glass distillation aparatus to recover other solvents.

This sounds to me like alot of effort for a simple task which can be completed by using a normal glass distillation apparatus.

lilkemika

Hehe, I also played with the possibility of...
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2004, 07:22:00 AM »