Author Topic: Newbee Q:Recrystallization and Yield  (Read 16787 times)

spunky366

Newbee Q:Recrystallization and Yield
« on: October 21, 2004, 08:40:00 PM »
Im a newb and wondering if recrystalization effects the yield. ::)    I don't want to poison my friends but at the same time i'd like to have a good yield. Talkin about mdma crystals. Would be greatful if any one with experience would reply.

indole_amine

not really
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 11:31:00 PM »
I have no experience with it, but I can say that the yield of pure substance will be smaller when reXtalization is done; the overall yield stays almost the same (almost always some small mechanical losses will occur). But after a recrystallization, you have a smaller than original amount of clean MDMA.HCl and a small portion of impure MDMA.HCl, dirtier than before. But you can always recrystallize this small crappy amount again, and then again... until it isn't worth the work and solvents anymore.

indole_amine

Bond_DoubleBond

damned public schools...
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 05:51:00 AM »
affects, NOT effects

the former is a verb, the latter is a noun.

biffman

Damned public schools....
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 03:24:00 PM »
Thanks Bond_DoubleBond for giving me a good chuckle here.  My sentiments exactly.
 In response to spunky366, if you've been conscientious about your procedure throughout the synthesis (doing the necessary A/B and final vacuum distillation of the freebase, etc.) recrystallization really is not necessary.
  Although it is always fun.

nuke

Re: Damned Public School
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 05:51:00 PM »
Effect is a transitive verb too, look it up in a dictionary...yield is the direct object, so it's being used correctly there.

indole_amine

great or grate...
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2004, 07:24:00 PM »

Bond_DoubleBond

In training . . . ??!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 12:03:00 PM »
For the record, I am a fully accredited professional grammar nazi, with all rights and privileges granted as such.

:P

Offline Vibe_x5

• Larvae
Re: Newbee Q:Recrystallization and Yield
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 12:20:29 PM »
I was under the impression it comes down to how pure the product initially was as to how much it will effect yield