Author Topic: OTC DPT and DiPT synthesis  (Read 5002 times)

shy

OTC DPT and DiPT synthesis
« on: February 07, 2003, 04:27:00 PM »
hi.. I was wondering what methods of DPT and DiPT synth were open to OTC chemist. Have searched the hive but couln't find much.. most seemed to be of tihkal nature:

DPT:   tryptamine in isopropanol + propyl iodide + diisopropylethyl amine  (and further purification with acetic anhydride, ammonium hydroxide, sulphuric acid, dcm and sodium hydroxide)

DiPT:   tryptamine in sulfolane + isopropyl iodide + diisopropylethyl amine (then straight to the kugelrohr)

I don't understand heaps of synth stuff but have done AB extractions and it seems that after the first step in these synths that it is just purification by distillation, xtallisation and AB extractions (but please correct me if i'm wrong)...

I am wondering if these compounds could be made in crude form and purified in another (simpler) way (than distillation) and what impurities would arise..

Also, could any of the compounds be substituted, like sulfolane etc.. bees also talk of using different catalysts such as ethanolamine etc.

In '98 drone 342 posted DMT synth (N-alkylation):
Dissolve PTC (benzyltriethylammonium chloride) in dcm, add NaOH and stir for 30 mins, then add amine (tryptamine). After 30 mins, add alkyl halide and stir overnight. Filter wash and dry...

Is this the process (N-alkylation) used to do D(i)PT? Therefore one could use the (iso)propyl iodide as the alkyl halide and expect good stuff..?

So yeah, if anyone could post their dreams of OTCD(i)PTSynthesis that would be cool...

al!x

Vibrating_Lights

Look harder
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 09:33:00 PM »
Look harder and you can find companies that will sell you anything if you can talk the talk and spend about $200 to ocver the legal ends.  get smart and you can make anythig you want especially if it is not scheduled

raffike

One could buy some tryptophan from health...
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2003, 12:42:00 AM »
One could buy some tryptophan from health store(expensive) or order it from some chemical supplier.250$ for 500 grams of tryptophan from german supplier but also chineses suppliers sell this kind of stuff and probably whole lot cheaper.Even tryptamine is legal and available.Di(mono)propyl sulfate(if this even exists) could make DPT out of tryptamine.

raffike

2 grams of HTP for 8 bucks is very expensive.I
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2003, 01:20:00 AM »
2 grams of HTP for 8 bucks is very expensive.I have found one compamy that sells USP grade tryptophan too for normal price.All in all it is lot cheaper to synht DMT/DPT than to extract it from something that contains very little of it.

Vibrating_Lights

DUmb asses
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2003, 11:20:00 AM »
Why is everyone scared of ordering completely unsuspicious chemicals.  WOuld you rather have a papertrail that leads to an annomyous mailbox or be cought on tape at wallyworld buying something that won't even work.  If you want to make tryptamines pick up the phone and call china.  Order yourself some indole and do it right.  Or Order some tryptamine ANd some propylamine.....
Damn
If you people would start thinking more like chemists and less like criminals then you would go alot further.

odin

Truth!
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2003, 02:32:00 PM »
>Why is everyone scared of ordering completely unsuspicious chemicals.  WOuld you rather have a papertrail that leads to an annomyous mailbox or be cought on tape at wallyworld buying something that won't even work.  If you want to make tryptamines pick up the phone and call china.  Order yourself some indole and do it right.  Or Order some tryptamine ANd some propylamine.....
Damn
If you people would start thinking more like chemists and less like criminals then you would go alot further.

----------------------------------------------------------

VL is completly right, look at the num. of the Hive registred users (very low, all world has an acess to this place), people usualy dont buy chems to make drugs, especialy this type of drugs.
Order it from chem supply, they want to earn the money, of course dont bee fool and order ergotamine.salt.

Vitus_Verdegast

Questions - Questions - Questions
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2004, 08:17:00 AM »
1. Did anyone actually had good yields with the tryptophan decarboxylation using a ketone and a high boiling solvent, except for what has already been reported? In my experience it is messy, and judging by the smell skatole always seems to be a side-product.

2. How is it possible that, after multiple extractions with 2N HCl, TLC shows that there is still tryptamine in the mother liquor! That while the actual isolated amount of tryptamine is only a measily couple of grams from 30 gr tryptophan.

3. Can pyridine be used instead of diisopropylethylamine for tryptamine alkylations? (or anything else not too exotic for that matter)

4. What about Drone's PTC/NaOH idea for anything else then methylations? It has been suggested that 1-alkylation can occur under these conditions. What about using a weaker base then, such as PTC/NaHCO3 ?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

ning

Weakening PTC power
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2004, 10:14:00 PM »
Since the base in PTC gets its power by being stripped of the ball of water that surrounds it normally, if you just dilute the NaOH solution 10% weaker, it can make a big difference.

I'm surprised that drone says to use isopropyl iodide, as iodide ion is relatively lipophilic and can poison PTC reactions (it won't leave the nonpolar layer)

Probably isopropyl bromide is a better idea, and if necesary, dilute the NaOH solution in 10% steps.