Author Topic: sudo sulfate containing paracetamol  (Read 5587 times)

jemma_jamerson

sudo sulfate containing paracetamol
« on: June 30, 2003, 04:38:00 AM »
swim has a funny back yard 'cook' story, but this may not bee as simple to resolve as it proberly can beee by the info swim has to tell.. here goes

swim was given a rather large bag of what he was told was sudo sulfate that may have paracetamol in them

UTFSE ofcause would yeild the fact of

1)Lots of hot, dry acetone, and I suggest an a/b extraction method.

or thanks to placebo the immortal

2)Just do a couple of solvent washes, (turps/toluene) to remove povidone and other adulterants that prevent an A/B. Then A/B to leave the paracetamol behind. Finally an acetone wash, or acetone at the start after turps and tol.

3) or basically a dry acetone boil will get rid of most of the paracetamol, just as it does with antihistamines. Maybe just a bigger volume than a boil to remove antishitamines. Making the acetone nice and hot should ensure all of it comes across and gets outta your face.

swim wonders since the back yard boys dont even know for sure what is in them what would be the best advice for this.

swim has a white pill mass with out swims finger prints on the  ;)

wareami

Merck 13th Edition: Acetaminophen/ Paracetamol
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 05:27:00 AM »
Howdy Mate!
Ibee thinks Stoni posted the merck info for this a while back which helped superassman come to the conclusion that acetaminophen is soluable in acetone. All bees know that pfed and meth are not.
Check out some of the other solubility characteristics.
Why not start with removing all traces of the pain reliever and then you'll bee left with a pill mass to apply VideoEditors S2E method.
Just a suggestion that makes sense-a-million to The Kidz!

Monograph Number:  48
Title:  Acetaminophen
CAS Registry Number:  103-90-2
CAS Name:  N-(4-Hydroxyphenyl)acetamide
Additional Names:  4¢-hydroxyacetanilide;  p-hydroxyacetanilide;  p-acetamidophenol;  p-acetaminophenol;  p-acetylaminophenol;  N-acetyl-p-aminophenol;  paracetamol
Trademarks:  Acamol (Teva);  Acetalgine (Streuli);  Alpiny (SS Pharm.);  Anaflon (SKB);  Anhiba (Hokuriku);  Apamide (Bayer);  Ben-u-ron (Bene-Arzneimittel);  Calpol (Warner-Lambert);  Captin (Krewel);  Dafalgan (UPSA);  Datril (Bristol-Myers Squibb);  Dirox (Sanofi Winthrop);  Disprol (Reckitt & Colman);  Doliprane (RPR);  Dolprone (Bottu);  Enelfa (Dolorgiet);  Febrilex (Raven);  Gelocatil (Gelos);  Hedex (SKB);  Momentum (Much);  Ortensan (Cimex);  Pacemol (Gemballa);  Panadol (SKB);  Panaleve (Pinewood);  Panasorb (SKB);  Panodil (SKB);  Paraspen (Fisons);  Pasolind N (Stada);  Salzone (Wallace);  Tabalgin (Berk);  Tapar (Parke-Davis);  Tempra (Mead Johnson);  Tylenol (McNeil);  Valadol (Bristol-Myers Squibb)
Molecular Formula:  C8H9NO2
Molecular Weight:  151.16. 
Percent Composition:  C 63.57%, H 6.00%, N 9.27%, O 21.17%
Literature References:  Prepn from p-nitrophenol:  Morse, Ber. 11, 232 (1878); Tingle, Williams, Am. Chem. J. 37, 63 (1907); from p-aminophenol:  Lumière et al., Bull. Soc. Chim. France [3] 33, 785 (1905); Fierz-David, Kuster, Helv. Chim. Acta 22, 94 (1939); Wilbert, De Angelis, US 2998450 (1961 to Warner-Lambert); Bergmann, DE 453577; Chem. Zentr. 1928, I, 2663; Frdl. 16, 238; from p-hydroxyacetophenone hydrazone:  Pearson et al., J. Am. Chem. Soc. 75, 5907 (1953).  Toxicity data:  G. A. Starmer et al., Toxicol. Appl. Pharmacol. 19, 20 (1971); D. C. Dahlin, S. D. Nelson, J. Med. Chem. 25, 885 (1982).  Evaluation of renal effects:  D. P. Sandler et al., N. Engl. J. Med. 320, 1238 (1989).  Comprehensive description:  J. E. Fairbrother, Anal. Profiles Drug Subs. 3, 1-109 (1974).  Review of pharmacology:  B. Ameer, D. J. Greenblatt, Ann. Int. Med. 87, 202-209 (1977).  Review of acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity:  J. A. Hinson, Rev. Biochem. Toxicol. 2, 103-129 (1980); idem, Life Sci. 29, 107-116 (1981); and proposed protective agents:  M. Davis, Sem. Liver Dis. 6, 138-147 (1986).  For proposed toxic metabolite see Acetimidoquinone.
Properties:  Large monoclinic prisms from water, mp 169-170.5°.  d421 1.293.  uv max (ethanol):  250 nm (e 13800).  Very slightly sol in cold water, considerably more sol in hot water.  Sol in methanol, ethanol, dimethylformamide, ethylene dichloride, acetone, ethyl acetate.  Slightly sol in ether.  Practically insol in petr ether, pentane, benzene.  LD50 in mice (mg/kg):  338 orally (Starmer), 500 i.p. (Dahlin, Nelson).
Melting point:  mp 169-170.5°
Absorption maximum:  uv max (ethanol):  250 nm (e 13800)
Density:  d421 1.293
Toxicity data:  LD50 in mice (mg/kg):  338 orally (Starmer), 500 i.p. (Dahlin, Nelson)
Use:  Manuf azo dyes, photographic chemicals.
Therap-Cat:  Analgesic; antipyretic.

Peace of the reaction

Have FUN-Bee SAFE

beez_neez

"sudo sulfate containing paracetamol"
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2003, 05:40:00 AM »
paracetamol is soluble acetone; 1part paracetamol to 13 parts acetone.
Stick to this ratio and using HOT tone, should see you right.
Assuming that you are an ozbee, Swibn has yet to come accross pills here that have pseudo sulfate and paracetamol.
The only paracetamol pills he has seen are the hcl type.
The sulfate pills that are easy to come by here have the maleate anti-histamine but as we know, this pesky monster is easily overcome.
lots of orange gakk though.

jemma_jamerson

nooky
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2003, 05:45:00 AM »
hailz mate, got an idea that thats all they have in them, surpose i should start with normal acid base , then doil the acetone wash/boil then,

see if they come through the rxn okay.

its a fucking mystry what else could bee in them but swim thinks that thats the only things

beez_kneeez, swim is an ozy bee, im told these are heron brand , and came through blue in the rxn and are a sulfate

blue gakk could freakin mean any thing :P

beez_neez

"sudo sulfate containing paracetamol"
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2003, 05:54:00 AM »
If the pills are/were blue, then chances are that they are the d*****n type with the anti-histamine.
let me know how you go with your a/b, as swibn has had poor yields with his method of extracting with these sulfate pills.

jemma_jamerson

der der d@@@zin
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2003, 06:18:00 AM »
swim had very sketchy details mate, yeah i only get about a 1 grm per pack yeild of the d##zin sudo sulfate 12 hours (a/b)

swim was told the gak went blue when the tryed the hyper phos route, but who knows these fawks are pretty vague,
swim will report the outcome trying to acid base and boil in acetone now

beez_neez

was your 1gram
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2003, 06:22:00 AM »
per box, clean? because swibn would bee very happy with a one gram return. at the moment, he only gets about 0.5 gram per box.

jemma_jamerson

method for 1grm per pack
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2003, 07:13:00 AM »
crush pills to consistency of sand, soak over night.

ph fuck out of it 14+
do three washes with toluene(fresh extraction each time)
acid fuck out of it, gently like anal sex
do 2 of them (aciding em out with fresh water each time)

should yeild about 1 grm per pack, ps it also helps to do a 14 grm or higher nano as more packs more grm per pack obviously.

wareami

Nookie Monstirrerrrrrrrrr!
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2003, 03:48:00 PM »
Hailz....
The Nookie Monster is really reluctant to weigh in on pills he has no experience with.
But these daze...all the crap ya buy the world over isn't what they are dreamed UP to bee!
Once Bitten...Twice Shy....nless ya are The Nookie Monster who says "AWE's fare in Sex Drugs...and R&R...after Sex and Drugs! :)
Multiple organisms are easily to cum by! Just stroll down any pharm isle and you'll snag all ya can handle til yer laughin and cryin all in the same breath!
At 13 to one, that seems like alot of tainted acetone to waste. Maybe it's not.
This is why Ibee suggested some of the other soluble dewds on the list!
Since Ibee doesn't know the available amount of Pfed, It's hard to say exactly that SWIJJ is getting a bargain or not on those 120's!
If it's 10ct 120mg as they are in the US, then ubee right on target. Ibee's a tightass and would want the other .2g  ;D  
Beeware of the Poo-Tang and basing too high...pH 12.5+.
It's bidness is to lock down tighter than the thighs of an overly sensitive babe when highly d`based... :P
If yields are a sufferin-....succatUsh....Hey Now??? Who put that U in tash???... :-[
Poo-Tang might be the culprit in which case Ibee suggested the S2E for which VE seems to have a solution.
Ibee's never screwed with sulfate but it seems that all is on course if it's brought to hcl.
Also bee on the lookout for peachfuzz(pinkish gaak) because Ibee beeleaves it targets gassing and overacidification...(WOW... thats a doozee!)
Goodluck Mate!
Peace of the reaction

Have FUN-Bee SAFE

jemma_jamerson

lube
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2003, 05:09:00 PM »
mate i hope your using an organic luube that is good for your skin  :)  we need to make one of those., like lavendar, and alora vera :P

ok swim is going to try this , which was just sent to me by another maniac

Wash the toluene extract of the pseudo base with a *lot* of alkaline water. that will pull the paracetamol out. I'm thinking like say if you extracted 500ml of toluene, wash through about 2L or more of water that has about 5 tsp/l of caustic in it. The paracetamol needs water to remove it. I think acetone can be used too, but if you just use water that saves you evaporating the pseudo to crystals, and that can be a source of losses too. You can't wash toluene with acetone, they mix
together.

still have no way of knowing i guess, till i chuck it through the rxn ::)

jemma_jamerson

wtf
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2003, 11:59:00 PM »
just did an acid base and washed the toluene with a bit of lye and water,

came through the acid base alright still looks a bit chalky to me, pretty lame yeild too, only messed with a bit swim has a few kilos though

i have no way of knowing wats in these pills except that they are most likerly sulfate. :(