Author Topic: sources of sassafras .........  (Read 1587 times)

becomezen

sources of sassafras .........
« on: September 08, 2002, 06:14:00 PM »

William_Omblome

dont really kno anything about mdma but
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2002, 07:44:00 PM »
you want sassafras oil

all i have in this world is my balls and my word...and i dont break em for nobody

Flip

You might want to go with the oil
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2002, 07:52:00 PM »
Ordering rootbark would really be a waste of time.  Of course you could steam distill the oil, but ultimately it would be cheaper to buy sassafras oil.  This product is used in some aromatherapy products and is sold as an essential oil.

If you are just curious about rootbark, then depending on where you live you may very well be able to find it yourself in the wild.  I always regarded the rootbark as more of a novelty, it's fun to chew on, but I don't see how it would be economical to rely upon this as a source.

Also, before you post your questions on the forum, you may want to consider consulting:

https://www.the-hive.ws/forum/searchx.pl?Cat=

You will find that quite often you can find the answers yourself much faster than by asking questions in the forum.

Flip

Conclusion /nm./: the place where you got tired of thinking.

carboxyl

If you're a brandnewbee, then I second saving ...
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2002, 01:12:00 AM »
If you're a brandnewbee, then I second saving yourself the time, hassel, and money of steam distilling rootbark. From comparing prices, I've found that ordering rootbark is more expensive than oil. But if you lived near a sassafras forest, go for it.

The above post is purely fictional. Any resemblance to "real-life" is purely coincidental.

Axatax

Rootbark
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2002, 06:26:00 AM »
There exists maps, I beleive, on Rhodium's page that outline the distribution of wild sassafras.

IF you're in such an area, collecting/distilling your own oil is certainly feasable.  In the areas where I've found Sassafras, it's literally everywhere in wooded areas - and I mean everywhere.  It grows like a weed, and it's not uncommon to find acres upon acres that are abundant in sassafras. 

I've never actually seen a sassafras "tree" as it is portrayed on some botanical sites - only as a small weed/shrub.  It's very easy to identify.  If you live in such an area, your sass is abundant and free (minus your time).