Author Topic: Saga: DOB  (Read 5647 times)

chemotype

vascular spasms...
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2003, 05:19:00 AM »
What exactly are 'arterial vascular spasms'?  I experience the stiffness also.  I keep wanting to go back. 
I was so scared because I hadn't slept and I went through a depressing second and third day.  Diazepam would have helped.  I flushed 104 mg of the stuff  :P  because I swore I'd never do it again.  Definately have to dake a 3 day weekend for that one. 

Are you sure it's not neurotoxic?  I felt no emotions the third day.  Completely drained.  That could be attributed to what was previously stated as severe serotonin depletion due to over stimulation.

respect...

chemotype

should use spell check but I'm too irie...
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2003, 05:21:00 AM »
should use spell check but I'm too irie...

Rhodium

contraction of blood vessels, reducing blood flow
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2003, 07:47:00 PM »
See below, in one reported extreme case, the reduced blood flow from a DOB overdose (~75 mg or so) forced someone to amputate a leg... I wouldn't want to wake up in a hospital after 75 mg DOB (you are probably high for at least two days) and finding out that I've been amputated...

Vascular Spasms

(http://www.vet.purdue.edu/vtdl/tmp/course_work/blood/nutshell/list_items/hemostasis_2.htm)

Vascular spasms narrow blood vessels (cause vasoconstriction) and reduce blood flow. Spasms are due to the contraction of the smooth muscle of the blood vessels. These contractions result from sympathetic nervous system stimulation and the action of serotinin. Serotinin is a powerful local vasoconstrictor substance released by blood platelets.

KidCurry

Is that particular case confirmed at all?
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2003, 07:52:00 PM »
Is that particular case confirmed at all? A lot of rumours are going around in the world of drugs...

Rhodium

overdosing on DOB
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2003, 07:59:00 PM »
I have a medical reference about someone overdosing on DOB, but at the moment I cannot remember if it was about this particular case or if he simply died... I'll get back to you.

pHarmacist

GC_MS
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2003, 08:13:00 PM »
Summer is upon us! For me this is going to bee the summer of psychedelic experiences. It's amazing how much imput there is while on psychedelics, even when I trip in my room (lol!). It's going to bee interesting to trip in nature, listening to the birds and observing the complexity of the nature. I allways feel grateful to Mother Nature for letting me experience a small fraction of all its beauty and intensity of my own existence if only for a moment. Psychedelics are by far the coolest and healthiest things for our minds, when used with caution and respect they deserve.

EDIT: But if you have to ask to our imbencile autorities you'll find out that there is no room for such thing in The Great Society and that we are nothing but a bunch of rufians that are about to bee thought a lesson by the hard and ready minions of The Establishment...

Barium

DOB overdose
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2003, 08:14:00 PM »
From PIHKAL:

This is one of the last of the experimental compounds within the phenethylamine family on which any animal toxicity studies were performed by me prior to human studies. A mouse injected with 50 mg/Kg (ip) showed considerable twitching and was irritable. Another, at 100 mg/Kg (ip), had overt shaking at 20 minutes, which evolved into persistent hyperactivity that lasted several hours. Yet another, at 125 mg/Kg (ip), lost much of her righting reflex within 15 minutes, entered into convulsions at 50 minutes, and was dead a half hour later. A fourth mouse, at 150 mg/Kg (ip), entered into spontaneous convulsions within 10 minutes, and expired in what looked like an uncomfortable death at 22 minutes following injection. What was learned? That the LD/50 was somewhere between 100 and 125 mg/Kg for the mouse. And an effective dose in man of maybe 2 mg (for an 80 Kg man) is equivalent to 25 ug/Kg. Therefore the index of safety (the therapeutic index, the lethal dose divided by the effective dose) is well over a thousand. I feel that two mice were killed without anything of value having been received in return.

Actually, it is very likely that the damaging, if not lethal, level of DOB in man is a lot lower than this ratio would imply. There was a report of a death of a young lady following the snorting of an amount of DOB so massive, there was the actual recovery of over nine milligrams of the drug from her body tissues in the post-mortem examination. It was said that she and her companion had thought that the drug they were using was MDA and, taking a dosage appropriate for this, effectively overdosed themselves. He survived, following convulsions and an extended period (several weeks) of being in a comatose state. Tragic examples have been reported that involve arterial vascular spasm. But in most overdose cases ascribed to DOB, the identity of the drug has remained unestablished.

yellium

So you can expect to have cold hands and feet...
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2003, 08:22:00 PM »
So you can expect to have cold hands and feet when you take DOB?

chemotype

I remember sweating profusely but didn't ...
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2003, 07:53:00 AM »
I remember sweating profusely but didn't notice cold hands or feet.

madprosr

barium, since when is DOB a phenethylamine?
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2003, 12:33:00 AM »
my bad, i see it now big R...
the amine's in a different place but the ethyl is still there.

Rhodium

DOB and DOM has always been phenethylamines
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2003, 01:14:00 AM »
Both DOB and DOM has always been phenethylamines (alpha-methyl-phenethylamines to be exact), and the Shulgin quote in Barium's post above comes from

Pihkal #62 (DOB)

(http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/pihkal/pihkal062.shtml).

Rhodium

amphetamine/phenethylamine difference
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2003, 08:27:00 PM »
The amine is also in the same place, the difference is that a methyl group is added next to the amine.