Author Topic: Should Bee in Newbee?  (Read 1909 times)

FlyBoy

Should Bee in Newbee?
« on: July 24, 2003, 07:11:00 PM »
Is one Mole of Carbon aprox. 723.30242 mg ?
If it's not, could someone kindly post the proper calculation for finding a mole of carbon?

pericles

Yes
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2003, 07:28:00 PM »
Yes, it should be in the Newbee forum if anywhere. Realistically it's probably too Newbee ever for that.

Read

http://dbhs.wvusd.k12.ca.us/Mole/Moles-to-Grams.html

to find out how to do this.

OcoteaCymbarum

1 mole of carbon
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2003, 08:03:00 PM »
is 12 g.(approx. depends on the different isotopes naturally occuring in nature)
Where did u get that figure?
Do you know about Avogadro's number?

pericles

heh
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2003, 08:19:00 PM »
Look at the end of his post. It looks like he knows it a little too well because, of course, there's no need to use it in this problem. It appears he did something like 12.0107 * 6.022e23.

FlyBoy: The mass of 1 mole of atoms of any element is equal to its atomic weight in grams. ie, one mole of hydrogen atoms masses 1.022794 grams. (Although individual hydrogen atoms don't really occur in the real world, so this is perhaps a bad example)

See the link I posted above for more information.

FlyBoy

c00L
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2003, 06:46:00 PM »
Thanks for the page!, *The Olde' Clinker ain't workin' like it used to, I havn't been in chemistry for maybe 7 years so I forgot how simple it was ie. lisetd on the periodic table !!  (*Gawd) Those Problems on the link look familiar and I will enjoy learning from them again thanks alot Pericles. Shure would come in handy If I ever get back in school for more Chem class.   :P  I really apreciate it thanks.