Author Topic: Coffee grinder encrusted after grinding pills.  (Read 2728 times)

aia2

Coffee grinder encrusted after grinding pills.
« on: July 18, 2004, 02:49:00 AM »
Well, SWIM ground up one box of Pair Ego 120 (exp 8/06) in his grinder, and rinsed it out with xylene.  The grinder has a plastic lid, which contains a mechanism to trigger the grinding.  SWIM then rinsed out his grinder with xylene.

When the xylene dried, SWIM was surprised to find a white crust on both sides of the plastic lid!  It did not help to soak the lid in tap water for two hours.  After that, it did not help to soak the inside of the lid with xylene for 1 hour.

Any idea what I can tell SWIM to use to clean the plastic lid?  Is the white crust actually disintegrated plastic?

SWIM has never ground pills before, so he has no experience from which to draw.  Thanks for any help, even if its just some search terms I didn't think of!

ahgreich

don't use xylene on plastic
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 03:25:00 AM »
organic solvents shouldn't be used on the plastic. That said, you should be able to use the grinder with no problem regardless.

chameyotch

My friend..
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 04:17:00 AM »
..swim did that once, then threw the grinder away and got a new one.  Now he uses a little brush to remove most of the leftover powder.

Scottydog

Use a blender
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2004, 04:47:00 AM »
Coffee grinders suck! Grind up 60-120 boxes of 120's (if you can make it that far) At this point the plastic blade that "appears" to bee metal will break or one of the fins from the blade will, rendering it useless.

Swim used to have to replace the fucker every 2 extractions.

Swim has done 10 extractions with his blender and zero problems.

Buy a blender one time and it will save you money.

A pen or pencil can bee used to release pills that get stuck in the grooves, then you can turn the grinder or blender upside down over a funnel and slap it on the side to get most of the powder.

Wash with water only!  ::)

With coffee grinders, if the blade doesnt break, the motor will give out. Waste of $ (IMHO)