Author Topic: What method did you use to change your ...  (Read 3605 times)

pickler

What method did you use to change your ...
« on: August 14, 2004, 10:26:00 PM »
What method did you use to change your freebase mdma into hcl mdma? It sounds like it could be due to over acidification. Swim has had this problem before. Seemed like no matter how much he cleaned his mdma.hcl with acetone, it still had a tiny bit of yellowish tint to it. Swim's talking a tiny bit. Had the same problem you had with the gel caps. The caps actually started to disolve after a few weeks.

wolfx

Xtalization
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 11:58:00 PM »
Dissolved freebase in IPA, dripped in HCl 31 % till pH acidic ( tried to hit 3, but easy to overshoot, I got pH = 1 or a bit less ) then let it dry, when sticky, added acetone. Crystals precipitated. First batch xtalized exactly same way. I also overshot the first one. I think the acetone removes the extra HCl, not exactly sure about it though.

Yes, also seen a tiny bit ( in fact almost white, even when looked over paper ) of yellow, if you shake the flask xtals move easily, but slighly sticky, xtals.

Not my idea, have seen it posted on the Hive before.

I haven't seen the capsules dissolve yet ( I have just two 0, two 3 sizes I am watching right now ) if they do I will post.

Thanks, W.

hsark

Product changing color when inside capsules
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2004, 12:45:00 AM »
SWIM has seen these probs also, and thinks that its because your MDMA+HCl is not dry enough. Are you drying it? You can dry it under 150w lightbulbs.( you know the big round funny shaped ones)The capsules could be melting because from this also. Plus SWIM thinks if its not totally dry and possibly acidic, this could contribute changing the color of the MDMA by distroying some of it. Hope this helps.

r2e3

residual unreacted oil/impurities
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2004, 02:35:00 PM »
may cause your powder to become 'sticky' I was tempted to wash with acetone but found that layering crystalised mass onto blotting papper and placing a heavy weight ontop, a much easier and less hassle/wasteful way (me thinks). the oily residue came off after a couple of blot paper changes. i then was left with layered brittle MDMA which I chopped up to get a brilliant white powder much like bicarb. Slight odour - aniseed - but I'm not bothered about it.

I too suspect that the capsules are dissolving and the colour is being imparted to your product. Trying storing them in the freezer. See if that slows the process down at all. Or with silica gel possibly..

wolfx

Planned fix
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2004, 10:00:00 PM »
W. is planning to redissolve in IPA, to crash again wiht acetone, to remove any possible HCl excess ( if that is the problem, could very well be ). Then to dry it very well this time, see if this fix the problem. I guess if this does not work, something else other than the HCl is reacting with the capsule material and somewhat affecting the product ( hope this is not the case ).

It will be a few days till I can do it, I will also have to wait to see any change with the filled capsules.

Thanks to all.

DoctorFeelgood

reclean it
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 01:43:00 AM »
first i did not distill the mdma freebase before crystallization. i thought that it is white, but now i know it was not white enough. i noticed that distilling the freebase is an important step to remove the higher boiling impurities. at that time i had a lot of mdma.hcl, made from not distilled mdma freebase.
i would recommend to dissolve the mdma.hcl in a small amount of (distilled)water. then basify with naoh to convert back into mdma freebase, extract the base again with dcm, distill base out, gas in xylene/toluene, crystallize in IPA. you will get a very snowwhite product.
after a couple of weeks/months your product will change the color, if not stored correctly.

wolfx

Hopefully fixed
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 04:54:00 AM »
W. has been able to clean # 2 batch, more or less according to previous post. Now almost white, dry, non-crystaline.

Have packed three capsules, watching them, so far all white. Will post if problem persists.

r2e3

why
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2004, 01:55:00 AM »
if it goes acid <5pH it becomed soluble - mdma...
gas directly....