Author Topic: ephedrin question?  (Read 2377 times)

ekolo

ephedrin question?
« on: January 27, 2004, 11:49:00 PM »
just to ask i had a dream, a dream of pills and they contain
ephedra 8%.......300mg
caffeine.........200mg
white willow......75mg
cayenne...........50mg
ginger............40mg
now i got up to fast and did not know how the dream ends what can i use thoese pills for amphetamines maybee but how to extract the good stuff from those crazy pills thx.

::)  wow what a dream wow.

-----------------------------------------------------------
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep- while I weep!
O God! can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

callen

Houston?...We got a problem!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 01:15:00 AM »
The aft thruster motor is leaking H2 into our breathable atmosphere . I'm so stressed out I just gotta' have a smoke.
Ah-h-h-h. Oops....!!!!
   Well, my friend,...since no-one else has responded, A.L.F. will. It's here, drinking up all my beer, and asking about 'Damn Katz'. So...I changed the subject. I said,"How about that?'
   It replyed,"Donno."
So...here are some guidelines you may want to follow.
   Selective solvents and God Almighty Chromotography.
   A.L.F. says it is persueing Guafinesen and Ephedrine.HCL tabs and was informed by a Hive post to stay away from these. But they are so cheap and available...,it's truck driver friend said so. Alas, no chloroform is available. Just hot naptha. After 'Basifying', heating of the aqueous solution and naptha, and swirling for a bit...let cool(like it's 25-degrees out there right now. That's cool.)Then filter out any solids. It thinks that Ephedrine freebase is an amber colored,oily fluid. It's hoping that the Freebase passes through the filter, and can be extracted by itself.
Sounds like a lot of work to me.
   Meanwhile...you have a lot of alkaloids to separate. Basify with Sodium Carbonate in an aqueous solution, pass steam through the solution. Search under Steam Distillation at the Hive.  Look up solubilities in different solvents of the various compounds contained in the various Herbs, etc., that you are dealing with. Check out the book,"The Scientific American Book of Projects for the Amateur Scientist" from the library. It has a chapter devoted to the chromatographic arts. Have fun...just as A.L.F is.