Author Topic: Good Ergot Article  (Read 2916 times)

Bubbleplate

Good Ergot Article
« on: April 11, 2003, 07:52:00 PM »
If someone can access this article and post it, I think it would be a great help in our quest!
Journal: ADVANCES IN BIOCHEMICAL ENGINEERING BIOTECHNOLOGY
Volume: 68   Year: 2000 ISSN: 07246145
Pages: 1-20
Authors:  Mukherjee, J., Menge, M.
Synopsis: Ergot alkaloids, produced by the plant parasitic fungi Claviceps purpurea are important pharmaceuticals. The chemistry, biosynthesis, bioconversions, physiological controls, and biochemistry have been extensively reviewed by earlier authors. We present here the research done on the organic synthesis of the ergot alkaloids during the past two decades. Our aim is to apply this knowledge to the synthesis of novel synthons and thus obtain new molecules by directed biosynthesis. The synthesis of clavine alkaloids, lysergic acid derivatives, the use of tryptophan as the starting material, the chemistry of 1,3,4,5-tetrahydrobenzo[cd]indoles, and the structure activity relationships for ergot alkaloids have been discussed. Recent advances in the molecular biology and enzymology of the fungus are also mentioned. Application of oxygen vectors and mathematical modeling in the large scale production of the alkaloids are also discussed. Finally, the review gives an overview of the use of modern analytical methods such as capillary electrophoresis and two-dimensional fluorescence spectroscopy.

wyndowlicker

Hey now,
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2003, 08:33:00 AM »

Rhodium

Do you have a DOI or weblink to the publisher?
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2003, 12:03:00 AM »
Do you have a DOI or weblink to the publisher?

Bubbleplate

The Only Links I Have
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2003, 07:02:00 PM »

Rhodium

Progress and Prospects of Ergot Alkaloid Research
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2003, 09:26:00 PM »
Thanks, that way I don't need to search the entire net to find the website of that publisher. The easier you who are requesting make it for others to retrieve the articles, the faster it will be for all.

Adv Biochem Eng Biotech 68, 1-20 (2001)

(https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/pdf/ergot.alkaloid.research.pdf)