Author Topic: Separating E from Meth  (Read 3786 times)

12cheman12

Separating E from Meth
« on: September 02, 2004, 06:03:00 AM »
Okai so youve done your rxn, not to sure if everything is okai and youve done your final workup to smoke your product and you get 50% buz 50% cleared nose...

I was just thinking about the different properties of meth and E that would let us tweak with it to get what we want.

The first two things that came two mind was

1. Meth FB is an oil while E FB are crystals

2. Meth and E losses its salt at a different PH (not to sure if the range is wide enough to utilizie this difference effectively though)

So you could just dissolve your meth/e mixure in water, bring PH up so both became freebase, oil will be floating ontop while crystals will be suspended in the water, you could then suck oil off OR filter through something like a pantyhose that will let the oil through but not the E freebase crystals.

Second way is if you could hit the right PH and bring one substance out of the solution while keeping the other in then you could also separate the two quite easliy

Freezing the solution could prob also help cuz i doubt meth fb has the same freezing point as water, so the water could freeze trapping the E fb crystals while you can just pour the oil off.

One more way i was thinking of is if you distill for a post reaction workup because E distills very very poorly, steam distillation is needed to move E over where the meth FB will move over without steam, so anyone who is steam distilling for a post workup is probably already removing there unreacted product without even knowing it.

Just some thoughts...

biotechdude

Comments
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 10:32:00 AM »
So you could just dissolve your meth/e mixure in water, bring PH up so both became freebase, oil will be floating ontop while crystals will be suspended in the water

If by 'E' you mean Ephedrine; sorry it wont work as you describe.  Freebase ephedrine is soluble in water, so no crystals will be 'suspended' in the water.

One more way i was thinking of is if you distill for a post reaction workup because E distills very very poorly, steam distillation is needed to move E over where the meth FB will move over without steam

You're on a better track there...

https://www.thevespiary.org/rhodium/Rhodium/chemistry/meth.ephedrine.steam.html

" A separation of ephedrine from the amphetamines seems possible if a steam distillation as mild as possible is used to isolate the amphetamines. Then a forced steam distillation can be used to separately collect the ephedrine."

12cheman12

orh, sorry, by E i meant pseudo, its just that
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 11:40:00 AM »
orh, sorry, by E i meant pseudo, its just that everyone refers to pseudo/eph as E, and in swims parts of the woods (oz) eph is illegal, pseudo is the only thing available.

ChemoSabe

Quick way to Separate a Mixture of Phed/meth
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 02:38:00 PM »
Swims buddy told me to pass this along.

After once accidentally combining a nearly equal portion of pseudo to meth he had quite good luck with this.

For a quick and relatively easy way to separate a mixture of pseudo and meth do a recrystallization "newbee recryst" style with _only_ acetone. Don't use any alcohol.

Even when hot pseudo is only marginally soluble in acetone while meth is highly soluble.

Use two flasks of similar size. 125ml erlenmeyers are great for amounts up to around 2-3 grams.

For amouts between 1/2gram and a gram start off with 50ml acetone and add more as necessary. For amounts of 1 gram or more start with 75ml and add more as needed.

Heat the flask on a hotplate to about 80c and swirl it often so that a tornado-like swirl of undissolved powder is fizz-boiling. The majority of the psuedo won't dissolve. Once you think most of the meth has dissolved take it off heat and let  the larger almost dissolved particles settle. This settling can take up to 5 minutes but usually goes quicker.

Then decant the acetone from flask #1 to flask #2 while leaving the undissolved powder on the bottom of flask #1.

Put back on the now off and cooling hot plate for the biggest slow forming crytals. Or don't put back on the hot plate for still good but more impatient crystals until it is room temp. (half hour maybe)

Seal with stopper and transfer to frige until it hits baseline fridge temp. Transfer to freezer for as long as you can bear.

Pour into unbleached coffee filter then rinse with fresh, cold dry acetone.

Bioassay for quality test.

There will not bee much pheddy left in the final recrystallized product but there will be a small amount.

Somewhere there is a thread by fudgemonkey called something like "get the phed out" that gives a technique for separating pseudo and meth using chlorinated tapwater. I think the jury's still out on the effectiveness of that technique. I'm guessing that it most likely does work if done correctly though.

found it

Post 76048 (missing)

(fudgemonkey: "get the phed out.. 100% OTC, 100% effective", Stimulants)

an interesting and entertaining read even if just for the jokes and discussion on meth purity

geezmeister

just do it again
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 03:57:00 PM »
Just put it all in the flask and react it again, and do it right this time--- the right ratios, the right temps, the right time.

evilscripter69

Not soluble in water
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2004, 04:51:00 PM »
Freebase E (pseudo) is not water soluble, Steam distillation is best way to separate the finished product from the precursor.

wareami

Bravo...
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2004, 04:12:00 AM »
Bravo Geez! Couldn't have said that planer myself!

Well you get my drift. :)
It doesn't get simpler than slappin that rubberbabybuggybumper back on the burner til complete! :P