Author Topic: Great A/B extraction by chosing right NP  (Read 4401 times)

navarone

Great A/B extraction by chosing right NP
« on: August 28, 2004, 03:34:00 AM »
hello again fellas!

this is a method i came up with a few days ago and tested that works great.
i always had problem in A/B extractions since the result was kind of sticky or not really pure pseudo.
ive attempted my extractions before with water, alcohol and then A/b extractions since i always messed up with the other solvent extractions.
ive used toluene for a log time and saw that the resulting pseudo wasnt so pure and the layer separation was kind of messy since the 2 layers mixed up for a long time.

ive read on many posts that toluene is not necessarely in the A/B extraction....any non-polar solvent works.

so ive tried changing np and figured out something very useful.
by chosing a right NP the A/B extraction is much cleaner and u can skip many solvent processes.

ive started to use gasoline and came out with wonderful results.
ive figured out that gasoline doesnt have such a great solubility propeties and so doesnt dissolve many ingredients in the pills.
while toluene and xylene have many solubilities and the extaction came fucked up.

so my theory is:

by chosing a NP liquid wich has almost no solubilities u can skip many extractions before the A/B and the results of the A/B is much much cleaner!

Gasoline in fact isnt really a solvent....it is not used very frequently for cleaning and shit...it is mostly used as a fuel.
i remember one my mom bought some gasoline for cleaning the house and then 2 weeks later she threw it away since it was useless as a cleaning agent.
many times in AB extractions, some polimers and some new chemicals that came out with the addition of NaOH go up and down from the touene to the water.

when i used gasoline....the NP layer was sooo clean! no whitish stuff. it was pure and clear.
in fact i tested the remaining pseudo crystals by vaporising them on an alluminium foil....man almost no residues!
much much bettr then when i used toluene.

get the theory guys?

by chosing an NP wich has no solubilities propeties u can skip many processes before the ab extraction and the resulting pseudo is much much cleaner!!

lets say i get an NP liquid in wich no ingredients in the pill are soluble exept pseudo freebase. the extraction process would be much faster!
after crushing the pills and making the destilled water filtration, i can procede directly to the A/B extraction using the NP i mentioned.

this sounds great!!!
no more days and days to extract pure pseudo! :)

i just wanna noe wut u guys think about it!
from my point of view..this new method will skip the alcohol, acetone and tolene filtrations!

ive seen and used many solvents in my life.....and until now i found a few NP liquids wich are useless as a solvent cleaner.

in my super market ive seen so far:

-gasoline
-odourless pure petroleum distillate
-tri-chloro-methylene
-di-chloro-propane

in different occasions ive used theese NP liquids and saw that they r useless as a solvent. they r mosty useful as fuel.
in contrary toluene and xylene are widely used as solvents since they have many solubilities propeties.

so the theory is simple...if using an NP wich wont dissolve the ingredients from the pills(exept pseudo freebase of course) extracted pseudo will be super clean and will skip the alcohol, acetone, toluene filtrations. :)
yiiipeeeee!!!

i would like to hear an opinion from hive bees! is this theory right?
i also wanted to discuss with you guys about commercialy available NP liquids wich have almost no solvent propeties!
do u noe any other from the ones i listed above that can be found in supermarkets or hardware stores? :P

please post ur opinions..

PACE

-NaVaRoNe-

abominator

Diesel. Dwarfer mentioned it a while back and...
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 04:40:00 AM »
Diesel.

Dwarfer mentioned it a while back and swim doesn't remember any one experimenting with it.

Post 460608

(dwarfer: "Diesel : to douche your diabolical deliberations", Stimulants)

geezmeister

naptha
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2004, 04:39:00 PM »

i also wanted to discuss with you guys about commercialy available NP liquids wich have almost no solvent propeties!
do u noe any other from the ones i listed above that can be found in supermarkets or hardware stores?

VM&P naptha.

CharlieBigpotato

gasoline?
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2004, 04:56:00 PM »
i've wondered about gasoline for this, but rejected it (without trying it) beecause it holds a fair amt. of H2O

and it has so many additives, at least from the pump.
anybee mess with light mineral oil for this?

Urban_XTC

gasoline
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 09:29:00 AM »
gasoline also has detergents, sulfites, and alcohols, some of which could fuck up a reaction

geezmeister

of course!
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2004, 04:00:00 PM »
Coleman's Fuel, Ozark Brand Camp Fuel....

Of course.

evilscripter69

Certain Brands of...
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2004, 04:47:00 PM »
odorless charcoal lighter fluids, SWIM's favorite is the A....s  blue/white store sign, Best tasting goods from this.

joncoroller00001

Fuel Choices
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2004, 05:13:00 PM »
Of course it should be realized that Gasoline depending on where your located can be significantly different due to EPA regulations.. i.e. CARBOB.. Reformulated fuels.. Has been run through a cat cracker and a benzene saturator(both using platinum catalysts).
 It would only appear to me that the detergents etc. are assisting more in the process than the gasoline if your seeing better luck with it over naptha. Since Naptha is THE building block of gasoline, you should isolate your focus more into the additives or catalytic reactions it has gone through than the material itself.

On the lines of alternative fuels has anyone worked with Kerosene/Jet fuel by chance? Since this sits just below the Gasoline/Naptha fraction and above the diesel. Its still a little oily but may work.

Another thought on capturing some of the polymer is to possibly locate a source for styrene or butadiene which could carry out some of the polymers? Since these are primarily the building blocks of synthetic elastomeric polymers and are from the same range as naptha and benzene..
 Anyone ever work with paraffinic or napthenic process oils? These do come in numerous viscosities?

One last thing that I had to add here.. Anyone ever think about actually emulsifying a solvent and the OTC? Basically produce a solvent based cationic emulsion using tallow or diamenes and then break it hard with an anionic.. In my past experience with other things of a similar nature, the breaking action causes almost everything to fall out in seperate layers (since solvent based emulsions aren't always stable).. Although, not sure how to rid the tallow or diamenes afterwards...stupid chicken fat and tree sap....maybe a stupid thought.. sorry...
8)  :-[  ;)  ;D

ChemoSabe

ACS Naphtha
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2004, 10:46:00 PM »
ACS Grade Naphtha can't be beat for the barbecue.

You get what you pay for.

PS. An overnight soak of your poultry or pork in a marinate based upon a good tonkatsu sauce is highly recommended.