Author Topic: how-to-legally-buy-a-kilo-of-pure-mdma  (Read 6708 times)

Offline CHEMICALCOWBOY36

• Subordinate Wasp
how-to-legally-buy-a-kilo-of-pure-mdma
« on: May 27, 2016, 05:07:32 PM »
Here a interesting article i found  8)

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/how-to-legally-buy-a-kilo-of-pure-mdma

But this leads me to another question can the at home bee achieve this 99% ?
im probably going to start another thread about purity! any way from what i know 99% purity
can only be achieved by using ACS reagents and the vaccum distillation of the ketone then the resulting freebase is also vaccum distilled! what i want know is there another way to get to 99%?

i read a post by an elder be who said that all that was need was a good A/B extraction?  or can three good recrystallization will do it too at the end ?
In this, you must never lapse. Even those who would be our allies would not understand. Our domain is the shadow. Stray from it reluctantly, for when you do, you must strike hard ,fast and fade away... Without a trace.

Offline poisoninthestain

• Dominant Wasp
Re: how-to-legally-buy-a-kilo-of-pure-mdma
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 11:33:26 AM »
Short of a vacuum in regards to the ketone your referring to the bisfulfite adduct is readily formed from a sat. bisulfite/alcohol/water solution with the ketone dripped into it...alkaline hydrolysis gives the ketone which according to most literature and cladestined sources (Vogel 5th or 3rd Ed. to name one) is sufficient enough to isolate the ketone.  As far as purifying the same amine as the hydrochloride salt multiple recrystalizations IPA:ether/acetone/xylene work well.

I think gassing the amine in a solvent affords a better workup and cleaner product than aq. HCl extractions.

Offline CHEMICALCOWBOY36

• Subordinate Wasp
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 07:11:48 AM »
Short of a vacuum in regards to the ketone your referring to the bisfulfite adduct is readily formed from a sat. bisulfite/alcohol/water solution with the ketone dripped into it...alkaline hydrolysis gives the ketone which according to most literature and cladestined sources (Vogel 5th or 3rd Ed. to name one) is sufficient enough to isolate the ketone.  As far as purifying the same amine as the hydrochloride salt multiple recrystalizations IPA:ether/acetone/xylene work well.

I think gassing the amine in a solvent affords a better workup and cleaner product than aq. HCl extractions.

but will it be 98-99% im a freak about purity 8) ?
In this, you must never lapse. Even those who would be our allies would not understand. Our domain is the shadow. Stray from it reluctantly, for when you do, you must strike hard ,fast and fade away... Without a trace.

Offline poisoninthestain

• Dominant Wasp
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 07:27:53 AM »
The short answer usually...yes even though the question itself isn't as black and white as you're making it.  If you take a mp and compare that to the literature mp for that substrate it's safe to say you're typically in the upper 90's for purity when it comes to the amine you're talking about(generally).

However, the long answer is no when it comes to other substrates where you have isomers with similar mp's. An analytical chemist who is a friend of mine would agree that purity is a combined, multifaceted approach to quantifying a substrate. 1H-NMR and GC-MS are often the standards of measuring the 99% grade mark but like a said a simple melting point test is a pretty good starting point.