Author Topic: Dumb question regarding emulsium with MDMA FB  (Read 3335 times)

raffike

Dumb question regarding emulsium with MDMA FB
« on: May 18, 2003, 02:27:00 PM »
Raf whipped up another batch of amine we all know and love and has a little problem.He AB'd his post rx mix and now he has about 30 mls of MDMA freebase mixed with equal amount of basic water.There is an emulsion and it doesn't really want to break up.Salt was already tried without success.TFSE says to use salt but NaCl didn't work.Is there any other chemical one might want to try,cuz raf really isn't in a mood of letting it sit for a week?

raffike

Don't bother to answer,raf already found the...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2003, 03:12:00 PM »
Don't bother to answer,raf already found the solution that worked nicely-he boiled water,that caused emulsium,away and was left with 40 grams of freebase.Proceeded to titrate with HCl

El_Zorro

Well if there was an emulsion, then boiling...
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2003, 08:44:00 PM »
Well if there was an emulsion, then boiling away the water probably didn't remove the impurities that caused the emulsion.  If you still got crystals, then congradulations, but it won't be the best purity, but I guess that's just up to you.

Rhodium

breaking up emulsions with celite
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2003, 09:28:00 PM »
I have posted excellent methods for breaking up emulsions using vacuum filtrations through celite - works 9 times out of 10. Search for "emulsion AND celite" and my name.

raffike

Actually the cause of emulsion settled to the...
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2003, 02:34:00 PM »
Actually the cause of emulsion settled to the bottom and was easily removed as it was gel-like and didn't stick to the bottom.