Author Topic: Wonderland or Nightmare?  (Read 3239 times)

readerror67

Wonderland or Nightmare?
« on: May 24, 2004, 09:41:00 AM »
SWIM recently had a dream, and was left with a redish thick liquid in the bottom, uppon adding dh2o, this redish liquid turned into a clear, but yellow tinted liquid, and all the MBRP fell to the bottom. SWIM read the post titled "Re-crystallization via Dual Solvents -Leap Ahead" By Worlock and fallowed the dual solvent instructions, using acetone and isopropyl. In the bottle there is white, fluffy looking things floating around (kind of like liquid myc. for all you mushroom growers). SWIM was wondering if this dream was sucessful or turned into a nightmare, and was also wonder what to do now to get the "substance" out of the liquid if there is any.

Thanks and sorry im stupid.

geezmeister

errr... ummmm...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 09:56:00 AM »
You did extract the meth first and convert it to the salt form, I hope?

wareami

Cellulose???
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 09:58:00 AM »
Does this substance look like a cellulose?
Well no matter!
If the substance of ones desires is dissolved completely in alcohol and these floater are still present, they obviously aren't the objects of desire and need to be removed.
Filter the solution seems like an easy fix.
If it's what Ibee suspects, acetone will make them materialize so be sure adequate tone is available during the filtration process, or the floaters will dissolve again and you'll be back where you started.

readerror67

Thats what im trying to do, extract the meth.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 10:39:00 AM »
Thats what im trying to do, extract the meth.

readerror67

I checked the bottle, all of the white shit...
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 10:49:00 AM »
I checked the bottle, all of the white shit has settled to the bottom, Any idea wtf it could be? I think I messed up, I put the iso/tone into the post reaction+dh20, Is it saveable?

readerror67

Sorry to keep replying, but I thought this...
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 10:59:00 AM »
Sorry to keep replying, but I thought this might be important, The 'white shit' didnt appear until after it was heated and it became more when it reached a slight boil...

People like me deserve to be shot due to stupidity....

geezmeister

That's what I feared...
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2004, 11:21:00 AM »
I think you got ahead of yourself. You tried to recrystallize before you extracted the meth from the post reaction fluid.

I suggest you read this:

Post 428410

(geezmeister: "The post-reaction workup: a cook's summary", Stimulants)
It should answer a lot of your questions.

readerror67

Yea, I probably did, but I went to the store,...
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2004, 12:31:00 PM »
Yea, I probably did, but I went to the store, grabbed some lye and added ice, dh20, lye, yellow shit and VM&P Naptha, shook, the top layer turned blue(wtf?), I think the top layer is the water and the bottom is the naptha? Which one should I use?

kris_1108

You need to read some more
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2004, 01:12:00 PM »
It appears to me that you don't quite know what you're doing.

After the reaction, the meth has to bee extracted from the yellow reaction fluid with an ACID/BASE EXTRACTION. AND THEN YOU CAN RECRYSTALIZE IT!

Have a really good read of that link that Geezmeister posted for you.

ici_rhi

Re: think the top layer is the water and the...
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2004, 04:13:00 PM »

I think the top layer is the water and the bottom is the naptha? Which one should I use?

Wrong guess. If you want to "use" the naptha by titrating it, use the layer on top. The one that smells like naptha.

(You did use hot naptha, didn't you?)

Wash it the way suggested in the writeup Geezmeister pointed you to, then titrate it as he describes.

But don't throw anything away just yet.