Author Topic: post RXN denaturant removal.  (Read 2867 times)

LoW_JacK

post RXN denaturant removal.
« on: August 18, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »
Say one was to do a standard 99% isopropal alcohol extraction of 60mg pfed and due to sheer laziness ,slacked off on the acetone crash to the best of ones ability.

Whats the chances of removing the triprolidine hcl after the HI\RP reaction has come to it's completion?

This is being asked Hypothetically of course.

pink_obsession

SWIM has removed it post-reaction with an...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 10:23:00 AM »
SWIM has removed it post-reaction with an acetone boil...but of course you will lose some product due to the (somewhat) solubility of the goods in the acetone.  You can always keep the acetone put back for a rainy day tho...once evaporated, it will give up the goods it grabbed during the wash.  SWIM always thought the wash was worth the little bit lost.

pink_obsession

SWIM has also used TCE on goods post-reaction...
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 10:25:00 AM »
SWIM has also used TCE on goods post-reaction which weren't "all that they could be."

geezmeister

dried acetone or MEK
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 10:38:00 PM »
dried acetone or MEK works well post reaction. Just put it all in the freezer when you finish the boil and separate out the meth. The crystals that form in the solvent will still have the tripolidine green trace, but when you are out of dope, you'll be glad you have it  ;D  Best, of course, to do this before the reaction.

I've also had the green or blue tint appear only in the first bit of meth -- usually pulled off the top to make me feel like taking my time to do the rest of it more carefully than I had been to that point. Anyone else have tis experience?

abominator

Same experience w/ antihists
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 05:18:00 AM »
Yes Geez, this bee has experienced the green discoloration not coming through in all of his pulls. For him it was in the latter pulls that yeilded cleaner dope when traces of  the antihistamine still remained in the first pull.  Strange, but true.

LoW_JacK

Yep LJ too. Also Geez, I just wanted to say...
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2004, 05:46:00 AM »
Yep LJ too. Also Geez, I just wanted to say that your H2O2 in the post reaction workup fluid to recover that last bit of unclaimable goods is a definite winner. At 1st I thought..'sure sounds good, but then again salt sounds good too until one adds 2 much and it taints the pipe with a balckish film that is never present without excess salt additions). Anyways, This Fool who couldnt be Lowjack,(never!) was left with a post reaction mother that had been beaten, not hit, but beaten, in order to get all that he could from the stubborn bitch fluid.
After reading, (then printing out) the Geezmeister post on claiming that last tad of go-go with the addition of H2O2, he was surprised to see a nice 1/4g. for his trouble.

Not that I ever doubted it for a minute. Geez and several other Bees (sorry no credits) are quite easily understood and what they say in their write-ups is almost as good as it gets in alot of areas of clanchemistry.
So not to be a kiss ass , but everyone needs to be told when they've helped someone (who isnt lowjack, remember).
Thanks and keep up the excellent advice. Because if noone else, it helps that other guy I know quite a bit from time 2 time....(not lowjack though..he hates drugs and thinks meth in general is the devil.).

abominator

What can this be attributed too?
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2004, 09:00:00 PM »
What can the ant-hist not coming through in all pulls.  The basing method.  Personally swim rarely uses a lye solution just adds it staight in increments, this helps give the naptha or mineral spirits some heat which swim knows helps the naptha pull, but not sure on the mineral spirits.

BTW, by far, mineral spirits are by far the post-rxn NP of choice for swim beecause of widespread availability and price!