Author Topic: Mda/Mdma Related  (Read 1862 times)

Master_Alchemist

Mda/Mdma Related
« on: January 31, 2004, 01:37:00 PM »
I have just completed a trial run (first time ;) which involved making 3,4-Methylenedioxyphenylacetone, converting it into MDA and then finally to MDMA. A very simple, clean, enjoyable process but all the same twas only an experiment.
Am now Planning to bypass MDA intermediate and convert MDPA->MDMA in a single process.
I know that by substituting N-MethylFormamide for Formamide this goal seems achievable, but i want to know if there is any advantage with using Di-methylFormamide instead.
I can aquire lots of it quite cheaply so common sense would say to use it, if possible. I see no reason to suspect otherwise, but the objective of this experiment is to produce a high-quality product, so I will do whatever is necessary. Any related advice would be most helpful  :)

Rhodium

N,N-Dimethyl-MDA
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2004, 02:01:00 PM »
i want to know if there is any advantage with using Di-methylFormamide instead.

No, as the product would be inactive. It is called

MDDM

(http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/pihkal/pihkal105.shtml)

Master_Alchemist

Ignorance is Bliss
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2004, 07:25:00 AM »
Well I think I will erase that thought from my head, MDDM looks very ordinary indeed according to the shulgins.
Btw, thanks Rhodium, you pointed out something I should of realised before I posted!  :-[
Common sense would have been to grab a notebook and jot down some reaction chemistry equtions, however I was thinking and typing at the same time..deadly combination.  ;D  It seems my local chem supplier is having a clearance sale and DimethylFormamide is on the list. Need I say any more! Btw, I must point out that your archives are by far the best in existance  ;)  Feel free to delete this thread!