Author Topic: Extracting yopo  (Read 3572 times)

Eduard

Extracting yopo
« on: August 06, 2003, 05:26:00 PM »
That Jaguar have been hard case with basic Acid-Base... Swim has ended to an oily yellow stuff. It seems that the wanted tryptatines are hard to catch; Jaguar seems to hide or run away... Has anybody have made that succesfully?

jrfoxxx1

what chems used
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 05:41:00 PM »
what did you use for: acid, base, and for solvents?
also, did you defat? how many times? how many extractions?how long did it soak...etc. more details please.

SWIM is doing her first anadenanthera colubrina a/b right now.  i'll post and/or pm results of SWIM's current a/b when available.

SWIM would also be interested in anyones suggestions on this too.

GC_MS

Lemon juice
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2003, 06:50:00 PM »
A freshly squeezed lemon should do the trick, unless you overdilute the juice. I usually read about procedures applying 30% lemon juice for extraction of "active components" from plant preparations (leaf, bark, root, ...). Last time I checked the pH of a freshly squeezed lemon, it was 1.
You give no details about your preparation, so it is actually nearly impossible to evaluate the problem. So, if you expect some decent advice, tell us exactly how you performed the extraction.

Eduard

Solvents used
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2003, 12:03:00 PM »
First HCL and water. The pH was 1 and did let popped, crushed beans soak couple days in a, say, two times as much solvent as there was crushings, and did one extra soaking. Defatting with naphta, couple times. Then basifying with NaOH until pH reached to 12, and added naphta and waited until naphta layer was clearly sepaterated. Pipeted naphta and let it evaporated. When naphta evaporated there was left that oily stuff; psychoactive but not such as snuff...

The lye was added as diluted to water to avoid pH peaks. It was added slowly. But could pH 12 (or 13) destroy tryptamines and be thus too high?

Timmy

Try to read! It helps.
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2003, 07:03:00 PM »
ISOLATION AND PURIFICATION OF BUFOTENINE FREE-BASE is writed in first reference!

Wish luck.

I tried originally made indian snuff.

Eduard

Helllo, hello
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2003, 03:25:00 PM »
Thanks for that Ott reference... He used 125 g beans and got about 4 grams of pure bufotenin. Quite complex extraction process though, but probably worth of trying...

Timmy, is it worth of snuff to use a snail shell powder? Isn't sodium bicarbonate good enough? Burns like a... though but so does original shaman-powder also.

Thanx

Timmy

Traditional snuff
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2003, 08:45:00 PM »
Yeah, it's burns. But shamanic traditions is very important for me. I'm not only from The Hive, but russian entheogen too.

http://entheogen.ru/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi

- adress of russian page.

The snuff is a bit of original cultural traditions. I never sniff anything before yopo, not stimulant or analgesics like ketamine. It's necessary to sniff it in period 60-90 sec, because it's begins quickly.

On this pic you see harmala, yopo seeds, traditional snuff.
I've made 3 tokes in each naris. It was working for 30 minutes & lasts in two hours in my mind.

P.S. Sorry my language. I'm from Russia.