Author Topic: Speculation About Untasted Tryptamines  (Read 2744 times)

scarmani

Speculation About Untasted Tryptamines
« on: July 20, 2001, 04:10:00 AM »
I am not a chemist, so this is all speculation.  (Probably all been done before...Ah well :)

After reading TiHKAL a while...

I noticed that adding 5-MeO almost always increased potency, in several cases by ~5 fold; that it resulted in generally similar effects, though always with signifigant differences; that unwanted negative effects sometimes appeared or were emphasized; that few 5-MeO compounds were visual, and possibly, had less stimulant tendency.

Similarly, with 4-HO there was also usually an increase in potency, slightly less so than with 5-MEO; all "4-HO'ed" tryptamines were orally active, and they tended to emphasize visual and tactile effects as well as conceptual ones.

Then I made a list of all the unmentioned or undertasted compounds that I speculated might have interesting or informative properties.

(I would guess most of these are more involved to make than the better-explored tryptamines and/or unstable...so this may be why they are not 'well characterized' yet.  Do they seem practical to make?)

Anyway here is the list.

4-HO-aET

(4-HO-aMT was 'markedly visual' but also toxic at slightly higher potency than aMT)

4-HO-2-ME-DMT
<2-ME-DMT; 80mg; tactile enhancer>
(5-MEO-2-ME-DMT was of slightly reduced potency, tactile, somewhat sedative, some toxicity at higher doses)

4-HO-(2,a DMT)
5-MEO-(2,a DMT)
<2,a-DMT; 400mg; pleasant sedation>

4-HO-NIBT
5-MEO-NIBT

4-HO-NSBT
5-MEO NSBT

(how would these intoxicants react to substituents?)

5-MEO-4-HO-things:
(Are they more potent still than the 5-MEO's alone?  Equipotent?  Less potent?  Visual?  Tactile?  Interpretive? Auditory?  Toxic?)

(mention of 5-MEO-4-HO-MET made in France but no other details were available.)

5-MEO-4-HO-DMT
5-MEO-4-HO-DET (?still vertigo?)
5-MEO-4-HO-MIPT
5-MEO-4-HO-DIPT
5-MEO-4-HO-DPT
5-MEO-4-HO-aMT
5-MEO-4-HO-aET
and why not
5-MEO-4-HO-NSBT
5-MEO-4-HO-NIBT
again how do intoxicants react?)

4,5-MDO-things:
(What effect on effects might this have?  And potency?)

4,5-MDO-DMT
4,5-MDO-DET (?still vertigo?)
4,5-MDO-MIPT
4,5-MDO-DIPT (something LSD-like @ 25mg...interesting)
4,5-MDO-DPT
4,5-MDO-aMT
4,5-MDO-aET
and of course
4,5-MDO-NSBT
4,5-MDO-NIBT

buy more than one fish and put a lid on your tank

yellium

Re: Speculation About Untasted Tryptamines
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2001, 01:25:00 PM »
If you're into speculation, you could also try 5-Br-DMT, or 2-Br-DMT. I guess the 2-variant has more chance of being interesting, since 5-MeS-DMT has a lower potency than 5-MeO-DMT, suggesting that you need something capable of hydrogen bonding at the 5-position for best effects.

Anyway, if either of these are active, you can try out all the substituents used in PIHKAL..

Lilienthal

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2001, 01:49:00 AM »
From what I know alpha-ethylation, 2-methylation, and 5-MeO-4-disubstitution are generally accepted to reduce psychedelic activity  :( .

scarmani

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2001, 03:11:00 AM »
5-MeO-4-disubstitution reduces activity  :(
So those compounds are out, since the extra synthetic effort does not pay off.

The 2-Me and alpha-Et tryptamines are weaker, but can they be made more potent by additional substituents? For example alphaET is well accepted [was sold as an MDMA substitute], so it would be interesting to know the effects and potency of 4-HO-alphaET which was not mentioned in TiHKAL.

Also, judging by the 4,5 MDO DIPT the potency is not increased by the addition of 4,5 MDO; however the affect of the effects may be effectively affected.

buy more than one fish and put a lid on your tank

foxy2

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2001, 05:30:00 PM »
Well reducing the activity of 5meoDMT wouldn't be all bad.
Shit you enter a whole different dimension.
If there was an interesting change in effect then lowered potency wouldn't be all bad.
IMHO
:)

Do Your Part To Win The War

psycosmo

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2001, 06:37:00 AM »
Anyone know about Dibutyl Trptamine
synthesized a di-tert butyl, diisobutyl compunds?
any 3,4,5 trimethoxy tryptamines
cyclic substituants on the benzene?