Author Topic: problems at the end  (Read 2460 times)

Snarg

problems at the end
« on: March 01, 2004, 07:40:00 AM »
Reading some post about gassing I read that VERY SMALL amounts of water could really mess up gassing...

I was wondering how much difference we were talking about... seems the gassing method used by SWIM wasn't set up right (muratic only gas, whoops)wanted to know how much product damage it caused

thanks

ChemoSabe

When in Doubt Titrate
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 08:51:00 AM »
If you are having doubts concerning your own skills as a gasser try titration as a temporary (or permanent) alternative.

If you still get nothing through titration then your problems may not be due to improper gassing.

PS. I'm assuming you're attempting to gas for final product here rather than precursor. If this is an attempt to gas for precursor then add yourself to the sudden spike in people having similar problems. If you're mining for precursor then it may be a brand new gakk problem which is only now being attempted to be understood.

geezmeister

anti gassing gak?
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 07:03:00 PM »
There is a new gakk about. I have seen it with some frequency over the last six or seven weeks. Whether it is entirely new, or a gakk that emerges when OII is removed, I do not know. I know it messes with the a/b in a new way, only part of which is its effect on gassing. I have noted some trouble gassing the 120's, but on the other hand had meth that gassed with one squeeze of the gas bottle. Go figure. This is not the thread to discuss the new gakk.

Snarg, I am curious as to whether you dried your solvent after the washes but before gassing? Even xylene, which just about will not absorb any water, can have numerous small water droplets clouding it. These will settle out in time, or you can dry the xylene with baked epsom salts before gassing. Try this on the next batch, not this one.

(I also note that if you have the new gakk, your xylene will go cloudy with a water wash, and clear up when you dry it. Worse than I have ever seen with xylene. )