Author Topic: Ker Plunking for quality and quantity  (Read 35617 times)

readyeddie

Re: Ker Plunking for quality and quantity
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2001, 09:51:00 PM »
Never said you had a adulterated product Jacked.Swim was just trying to say that the steamed pseudo deals away with all the bullshit.

The only way three people can keep a secret is if two of them are dead!

Jacked

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2001, 01:29:00 AM »
No you never said I had, but the way it was
written implied just that..
Yes, steaming will give clean results but
this is about yield's as well, If two people
started with the same amount of pills, one
steamed and one used this method, I would lay
money on this method producing a higher yield
and sense my standards of quality are high, I
would not accept anything other than top
quality gear.... Besides all that it's only
an extra hour to complete and is not hard to
do.. I don't understand why there is such a
negative response to it before it is even
tried, If you don't like it don't do it. Why
try and shoot it down because you do things
different. Believe me if Swim could get the
yield's up from steaming pseudo he would be
steaming all the time. Swim still try’s
different things in the effort to get
steaming standard in his lab, He likes the
idea and thinks it will be a standard one
day, But yields will haft to come up a bit
first, mean while..........

Paid in Full

readyeddie

« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2001, 06:30:00 PM »
oh swim has tried the ker plunking Jacked it does work never said it didn't.I'm sure their is alot of other bees out their that will say it works but it's just not for them the same for the steam distillation you know.Swim doesn't like all the solvents laying around and doesn't like the waste and smell of them during extracting.Anyway to get pure clean gear is a good method though.

The only way three people can keep a secret is if two of them are dead!

dwarfer

« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2001, 12:36:00 AM »
;D WHASSUP, Jacked:

drop me a line if ya got the time.

One of these days I'll actually buy a scale and take ya on wid' me vision-ware-in-the-microwave set up.

'Course 12 to 24 gms. feedstock is C/S amount by some standards:

If i DON'T get it all on the first micro-steamed batch, I don't worry about it.

Hell, it will still be there waiting to come over  the NEXT time the heat-vibe hits it.. 

Hot water extract, filter, throw it in on top of the last batch leavings: maybe a bit of baking soda to be sure...

Set the sucker on 40 minutes, high:

come back, A/B, gas, viola: done.

========

Being an eternal optomist, and a slob besides, i have saved in various containers miscellaneous liquids over time: most of which have dried out.

At least ten were combined, heavily based, and extracted into xylene.

That was put in the micro, on top of the water and baking soda.

It came over first: all condensed with little odor, amazingly,  and provided the NP for the A/B afterwards. (A "free" salvaged ??12 to 16??  grams..
This was far groovier than the same process from the pressure cooker, which was QUITE hard on the rubber seals...

Loosen up!  ":<)    ;)

Jacked

« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2001, 08:31:00 AM »
Well I'm still excited with it. I hope you have good results no mater what the method.

Paid in Full

Jacked

« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2001, 08:38:00 AM »
Finaly an old hero drops in and just in time....Man that's close to 70% not shabby at all friend. Enough for me to catch up and give it a try. I see the

Paid in Full

cheeseboy

huh?
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2002, 10:18:00 PM »
So is it true about what Worlok said regarding meOH harming the pseudoephedrine molecule? If one can get pills like the good 'ol "gakk free" days, then one would assume a water pull is all that's needed and with meOH being a 'harmful' substance towards it's structure then fuck it eh?! So what's up then, is methanol really damaging to sudo?

Cheeseboy- a whiteboy with soul, like a black guy without soul
May De Source Bee Wit Chu...Always

ChemoSabe

did you really read it carefully?
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2002, 02:05:00 AM »
Worlock didn't say that methanol harms psuedo molecules  but he did say that he did some research on emulsions based upon someone who _suspected_ that methanol was oxidising something somewhere that maybe, supposedly caused emulsions.

He simply used that as a stepping off point into speaking of emulsions in general but nowhere did he state that methanol was actually harmful to psuedo.

I think this idea is actually a fairly moot point in regards to this thread as the thread tells you how to effectively deal with emulsions no matter what their source might be.

or so swims opinion might say.

Jacked

To Day's reason
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2002, 01:51:00 PM »
Yes you are write about that, After almost a year sense Swim has been doing this there are big benefits other than taming an emulishion, H2O2 if used at all only needs to be around 3 drops per oz of expected yield. If you are confendent about conversion from the reaction then don't use it. The main thing is the yield is in the 70% range and only one pull is needed but two is done for shits and giggles. Today Swim does not bring it up to a boil he only gets it hot and the time taken is only 30 min at the most, 1/2 ot the NaSO4 estamated is used right off the bat and the other 1/2 is added in two final additions after the naptha is good and hot. seperating the naptha is done hot and couple of cold H2O washes helps cool the naptha down followed by a final warm H2O wash your done, The HCl is derived in this case by pushing the meth to the water layer with 30% HCl. If gassing hold the nozzle just above the naptha enough to push the gas through the upper surface..

The sound of a chain after 1,000 miles becomes hypnotizing and feels like home

Flinger

Mega discovery?
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2002, 09:28:00 PM »

Jacked

At least you named your post right
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2002, 07:43:00 AM »

TBJ494

Knowledge is power
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2002, 01:36:00 AM »
Well I guess you learn something everyday. SWIM sits and racks his skull to find a better way to do things every day. He has only minimul expierience but still sees posts to add to his memory bank. I am sure this is one he'll never forget! One thing SWIM has learned though, if you put out the time and effort, your product is rewarding. But before SWIM tries anything this difficult I am sure he'll do a few more hours studying.Thanx for the info,I am sure it comes from a very reliable source.

mnkyboy77

Level of Ease = Simple
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2002, 02:13:00 AM »
Worry not about reading for more hours...(Well, at least not on this topic).

This is one of the easiest parts for one to carry out. 
1.  Basify post-rxn solution to ~ 6. 
2.  Add Naptha, (3X vol of rxn solution). 
3.  Place on hot plate. 
4.  Add NaOH every so often until a ph of ~ 9.5 - 10 is reached. 
5.  Let contents lightly boil. Add, (As Jacked noted) ~3 drops per oz.  Watch all sorts of funk appear. 
6.  Carry out for awhile longer (5 - 60 min). 
7.  Take ph up to +12.5. 
8.  Remove from heat. 
9.  Once cooled abit, carry on with next step. 

Time is the only major issue in this process.  Now, that freed up a couple hours of research on this topic.  Now SWIU can spend their time researching more important issues/topics, i/e "How do they pack all that fruit into 6 feet of fun"? Or coming up w/ 3 examples of a universe.

--Why '77', You get "Eight" more!!!--

coglib

swim is at the final stage of her first nano rxn.
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2002, 08:00:00 AM »
swim is at the final stage of her first nano rxn.
after eading this thread, something hit her.  During her rxn (wiFFen's 12 hour nano) when it came time for her to add dh20, a few drops to kick in the rxn, she added h2o2 instead of dh20.  She now worries that she totally fucked up her rxn.  The rxn went aprox 13 hours and she never ended up having to add a shitload of h2o at the end to quench as her balloon was "sucked up".
Anyways, she believes from reading this that kerplunking is the way to go- the process as described by worlock was a little confusing (by the way in which it was worded) until she read the post above.
question(s):
-number one: is her rxn fucked 'cause she added h2o2 instead of dh2o throughout her rxn? swim was under the impression that the 3% h2o2 would just quickly degrade into o and h2o because of the heat, and besides- the h2o2 did kick things off and get the rp/I to fire
- if she decuides to kerplunk now, should she completly avoid adding h2o2 as it has already been addded throughout (and on top of that, this is for a 1.25 gram nano rxn)
-she didnt need to quench the rxn (add alot of h2o at the end) should she still go ahead and do that for this procedure?
- can she follow this procedure and leave in her rp until closer to the end (she knows theres so little gogo in there that filtering out the rp first is prolly gonna hurt yeilds, even if she decides to wash the rp
-and finally, is it even worth it to do this procedure on a nano? should she just do a simple a/b instead?

AllSeer

Re: 5. Let contents lightly boil.
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2002, 11:55:00 AM »

5.  Let contents lightly boil. Add, (As Jacked noted) ~3 drops per oz.  Watch all sorts of funk appear. 

Can I assume this refers to H2O2?

On the same subject, SWIA tried kerpluunking for the first time recently and watched as the yellowish cum looking stuff in the water layer turned  reddish brown when hit with H202 (10 drops).  Was this due to over use of H2O2? 40gm pseudo feedstock.

Yeilds were lower than expected too.

?
:(  :(

There are none so blind as those who will not see

VinnyC

coglib
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2002, 12:17:00 PM »
In answer to your questions:
1) no
2) it won't hurt anything to do it
3) no, ALWAYS filter out your rp
4) yes, always add a volume of dh20 when rxn is done

What size nano? Everything you can do to increase yield is worth it, but nano's simply do not yield well.

"Have we descended to the level of dumb beasts?" Fear & Loathing
Be loved and blessed hp and cg!!

mnkyboy77

As the Man Said--
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2002, 08:52:00 PM »
Some of the advantages to this method are:

1.  Excess I2 is oxidized and hopefully removed from the final product.
2.  The bubbling through the Naptha kind of acts like little scrubbing bubbles and helps to strip away some of the crud.
3.  SWIM has added anywheres from 3 drops of H2O2 all the way up to a few cap fulls.
4.  The re-crystalizing of the product in the 'Burn-Test-Chamber' looks  far cleaner, and has almost no harsh taste even if scourched.

The whole reason SWIM started doing this was because of a bad funk taste.  While SWIM was increasing the ph one time, SWIM noticed a very large volume of NaOH had to be added to get any change in the readings.  At around ph 2-3 the solution was milky white.  After allowing to settel for some period of time (a few minutes to even over night), SWIM noticed a layer on the bottem of the beaker.  Apon removale of this bottom layer, the smell was noticed to be the same as that of the gaak taste in earlier rxn.  After this layer was removed, the ph of the remaining solution was easily adjusted to ph 8 and the kerplunking was then carried out.

Analysis was carried out on the bottom layer that was removed...Had a suspission that the fowl taste was either Polysorbate 80 or Polyethalyne Glycol, the later being what the layer was.

The product seemed only partially reacted, even though every tell-tell sign said different.  Several drops of H2O2 was dropped into the mistry layer...LOW AND BEHOLD...It was cram-packed with massive amounts of I2...That explained everything that had been stumping SWIM for some time.

Sorry for straying from the topic, but kerplunking help solve one mistry if anything.

On a side note:  Does any bee know how to rid the feed stock of Polyetholyne Glycol...Checked chem finder, and it is VERY vauge on its solubility properties.  (Gearing up to try the ol'microwave and see what turns up, but would still like a back up, just incase)

Good to see ya back VinnyC 8)

Its 3 o'clock...Do you know where your Matrice-Back is?

coglib

ok- swim is a little confused.
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2002, 07:06:00 PM »
ok- swim is a little confused.
granted this bee a nano- ~1.25 grams pseudo were used mind you.
she added some dh2o to her post rxn.
filtered out the rp
brought ph to ~6 and added heat
added ~ 3X vol of toluene (looking back thru threads she now realizes she shoulda used naphta- but, what is done is done)
gradually raised heat and while doing- continued to add naoh (dissolved in h20)
shit got to boiling
she removed from heat and saw ph ~10 added a drop of h202
more heat and alittle more naoh and an extra drop or two of h2o2 are added
hard to see, but notices slight color change from honey yellow/orange to peachish yellow
saw a few little globs of white in the polar layer (water/rxn layer that is)
once ph up high she completly removed from heat
-oh yeah, she refluxed instead of just boiled 'cause she read somewhere above that freebase would jump into np and she wanted to make sure there was alot of it there
nothing jumped anywhere
she sees a bunch of orangeish crap that has settled in the bottom of her rxn/water layer, and no white crap anywhere....

her question is to where does she proceed?
IF the ph ~ 12.5, shouldnt the goods bee in her np at this point?
will she see anything in the np beeing that this is a nano (a teeny one at that)
what to do from here?
 she guesses that she should assume that the goods are in np, so she should put everything into sep funnel, drain aqueous and add acidic water then evap polar layer to yeild gogo?
she is unexperianced in gassing and would like to skip that part for now if it means she is gonna bee more likely to have something to try in the end (she doesnt wanna take any bigger risks with the rxn beeing inexperianced and semi-anxious to...ahhh dream about what it would bee like to take something she made for herself)
advise?
flames with links?
anything?
thanks for the help!

ChemoSabe

Post Ker Plunk Procedure
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2002, 07:38:00 PM »
Hi coglib,

Your goods (meth freebase) should be up in your tolly now. And since it is transparent and thoroughly mixed with the tolly it's OK if it's all clear. Addition of rock salt and some extra lye to the water layer can also assure that max freebase has been pushed up to your NP layer.

Next step. If you've got a sep funnel get both water and NP layers in there (remember your gloves and goggles for lye protection) and let all of the water layer drain out. Swim usually lets some of the NP back into the flask with the lyewater to assure that potential gakky emulsions go back with the lye water and to also assure that he has some later pulls to do the next morning from the remaining NP.

Next Step - 3 DH20 water washes of the NP. Swim does 2 big 50/50 washes and then a final 25/75 smaller one and does not add this wash water back into the lye water mix.

Now you're ready to "salt out" with HydroChloric Acid. Swim uses pool grade muriatic from some place that rhymes with "Dome Heepo".

Add 20ml DH2O and then 6 drops of HCl acid for every expected gram of product. In your case I'd suggest that you try no more than 6 drops. Maybe 4 to start. Swirl well in sep funnel but do not shake. Let sit for 1/2 hour. Drain water into pyrex bake dish (or other heatproof glass vapping vessel of choice) and evaporate on medium heat. Don't vap on too hot of a setting or you'll lose yeild due to steam distillation. A hair dryer can greatly aid in drying without using too high of a hotplate setting. If you smell HCl acid as the last of the water vaporizes then too much HCl acid was used. But that's not a big deal 'cuase the excess will wash out with acetone.

Post vapping - scrape prduct out of dish with new razor blade. place in coffee filter for cold, dry acetone wash.

Swim now separates some for initial bioassays and the rest goes straight to his favorite recrystallization process.

Good luck. Sounds like your knocking on the door and about to step thru the doorway.

coglib

thanks for the help bee's!!!!!
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2002, 02:10:00 AM »
thanks for the help bee's!!!!!
swims lookin at a very shit poor modest yeild, but hey-
yeilds can bee improved with further dreaming
first 'pull' yeilds (eyeball, no scale)~200-300 mg
now swim just sits here tryin ta go through all them posts at the couch/gen tryin ta figure out how shes gonna meet her new friend ;D