Author Topic: Pepper to make MDMA?  (Read 9035 times)

malvaxman

Pepper to make MDMA?
« on: August 08, 2001, 06:01:00 AM »
Has anyone here yet used black pepper to make MDMA on at least a medium scale? With which result?
Is sassafras-oil possible to buy OTC in South-East Asia,
where should i look then?

Thank you for your answers.

Rhodium

Re: Pepper to make MDMA?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2001, 12:41:00 PM »
I don't know of anyone trying out black pepper as a MDMA precursor in reality yet, but the theoretical details can be found at my page.

Sassafras oil is available from several asian vendors, name the country and I'll give you a few hints in a PM.

PrimoPyro

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2001, 01:16:00 AM »
do u mean the piperonal to mdma route? pepper is cheapo cheapo... good luck.

Of COURSE we don't know what we're doing! That's why it's called research!  (boom...)     :)

Rhodium

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2001, 01:40:00 AM »
Piperine (found in black pepper) can be oxidized to piperonal (3,4-methylenedioxybenzaldehyde), which can be converted to MDMA.

obituary

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2001, 06:48:00 AM »
obit knows a bee who has reported success all the way throught the amination.  small scale though- ~2g final product.  but it does work!

tomjuan

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2001, 02:33:00 PM »
Doesn't black pepper contain a small amount of safrole as well? Like 0.6 - 1.0%? The synths I have seen always extract the piperine and convert it to piperonal. The one I am looking at right now got 1 gram of piperonal from 100g of black pepper, and it took a lot of time and effort. But if pepper really has a 0.6%-1.0% safrole content, they could have gotten almost a gram of safrole from the same 100g of black pepper, presumably with less time and trouble.

Any thoughts on this?

Rhodium

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2001, 03:58:00 PM »
Is there a detailed writeup of this pepper -> piperonal available, other than the one by "The Cook" on my page?

tomjuan

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2001, 07:16:00 PM »
The one by "the cook" is the only one I have seen any details about. I have seen a usenet thread that had that same write-up as well as some responses about succeful and failed attempts. Apparently, over oxidation was the main mistake made in the attempts. I'll see if I have that whole thread saved somewhere so I can post it for everyone.

obituary

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2001, 08:54:00 PM »
report that obit received yeilded around 3-5g piperonal/ 100g pepper- obit thinks that isn't too bad.  not anything to get excited about, but what the heck.

cheesie

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2001, 09:00:00 PM »
my results were very similar! around 4grams of piperonal in relation to 100grams of pepper.It is a good source especially after several rxns a nite!

Talk to me munky.
Munky.
Talk to me!

obituary

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2001, 09:03:00 PM »
Hey Cheese- obit was referring to you. duh.

cheesie

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2001, 09:10:00 PM »
ooooppps! how embarrising!hehe oh well secrets out now, i'll have to do a write up for the bees (god i hate write ups i always fuck up on them then get flamed to shite)
On my next run down i will write up all i dreamed then post it in the newbee section okie cokie!obit you will get first crack at the write up so u can look over it!oh and u 2 rhodium or who ever is the moderator on this forum! :-[

Talk to me munky.
Munky.
Talk to me!

tomjuan

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2001, 09:15:00 PM »
Okay, so I guess that clears it up - but I have a related question (assuming the department of agriculture is correct about the safrole content). If I extract the pirerine with ethanol, is there safrole in my extract as well? Or would the safrole need to be gotten at by a diffrent method?

cheesie

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2001, 09:17:00 PM »
pirerine?

Talk to me munky.
Munky.
Talk to me!

obituary

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2001, 09:20:00 PM »
is safrole soluble in ethanol?- then that's your answer.

tomjuan

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2001, 09:24:00 PM »
yes, piperine - it is the alkaloid in black pepper that piperonal is allegedly derived from. The methods I have seen take the route:

Pepper -> Piperine -> Piperic Acid -> Piperonal

But I am every bit as a interested in the safrole. No one has had experience extracting safrole from black pepper?

tomjuan

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2001, 09:26:00 PM »
Allegedly it IS soluble in ethanol. However, that method of extraction doesn't seemed to be used when extracting safrole from sassafras root bark - all the literature seems to recommend steam distillation.

cheesie

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2001, 09:28:00 PM »
sorry i though you called it pirerine earlier on! never done the pepper synth for saffrole so i can't hlp on that score.

Talk to me munky.
Munky.
Talk to me!

tomjuan

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2001, 09:30:00 PM »
oh oops - you are right - I did. Sorry for the typo.

cheesie

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2001, 09:33:00 PM »
thats cool like i said watch out for my write up in the newbee section or do u all want it in here? ::)

Talk to me munky.
Munky.
Talk to me!