Author Topic: in strife!  (Read 2329 times)

12cheman12

in strife!
« on: May 04, 2004, 03:56:00 AM »
okai swim feels like a big loser at this point, in his part of Australia.
The only pills that are available in every chemist are the 24 hour 240mg pseudo sulfate and 10mg of Loratadine theres 7 in a packet and there are ones that are 120mg made by the same people (these ones come in packs of ten). Apart from these there are the ones that contain 120mg of pseudo sulfate and 6mg of Dexchlorpheniramine Maleate. Theres 18 in a packet and each pill has a blue sugar coating.
Swim has tried extractions on both with no real success and is crying out to anyone who has had success with these.
My closest to success was some solvents boil and dry basing with Sodium carbonate and a little bit of NaoH. He activated with a brake cleaner and pulled with xylene. Got little results maybe 10%.

ning

Loratatine has an ester, it looks like a brief
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 07:10:00 AM »
Loratatine has an ester, it looks like a brief hydrolysis with acid or base would make it stay behind after an acid/base extraction. So you should probably go for those pills, unless you want antihistamine in your crank.

best of luck on your extraction quest :)
that's a highly refine tweeker's art ::)  ::)

jemma_jamerson

ozy's fucking help
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 09:06:00 PM »
come on we are stuck with a shitty yeild with these pills can any ozy that has fucked with these pills fucking help please, some of us dont want to wast 100's of bucks on these

some one knows the answer can they please help

geezmeister

activating the base
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 12:37:00 PM »
I am not sure what type of brake cleaner you are activating the base with here. If you are referring to TCE, and are doing a tetra trap type of extraction, you should use water to mobilize the base. TCE won't do it. If the brake cleaner you are using is a mix of solvents including acetone and alcohol, and you are doing a waterless a/b type extraction, try using alcohol or acetone to mobilize the base. This might improve the yield substantially. 

A second thing that should help your yield is to put the pill mass on low heat, such as a coffee warmer, stirring often, and let it sit and simmer for about thirty minutes. use low heat and give it time to work. Scottydog suggested this to me and it  seems to work very well with the HCl pills. There is no reason it shouldn't also work with the sulfate pills.

lsd

Aussie Help
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 03:23:00 PM »
Steam distill, titrate with acid and evaporate. Easy! Just mix pills with equal weight of caustic and heat flask while applying steam. Forced steam distillation, works a treat. Did for me yesterday.