Author Topic: ????? Straight to METH (crystals)????  (Read 3460 times)

Chilli_factory

????? Straight to METH (crystals)????
« on: February 18, 2004, 07:10:00 AM »
After reading all the RAVE on VE's Straight to E pfed extraction technique in the posts, I decided maybe it was as simple as it seemed.  So I tried it.  DAMN!!!!  I couldn't believe how easy it was.  That was the shit.  Getting the pfed out had been causing me more headaches than anything.
     As I started cooking up my chilli later that evening, morning, I started wondering if the same technique could be used to extract the meth and dry it at the same time.  Not being able to find a post in here anywhere I decided to try it.  SURELY METH AND PFED ARE SIMILAR ENOUGH FOR BOTH WORK.  I hate waiting for my shit to dry, especially when I'm out.
     Here's my method and findings:
After pushing the freebase meth into the naphtha with the lye and separating, instead of adding water and producing the salt by adding muriatic acid I instead added a 70/70 mix of dried Isopropyl/Naphtha and mixed well.  Then adding the muriatic acid to the Naphtha/Isopro mix and shaking severly the alcohol meth HCl separated out to the bottom (maybe it was the water from the muriatic acid?).
    Then adding 50 ml of zylene to the mix I heated it gradually over about 45 min to 105 C. at which point I'll be damned if the crystals didn't fall out of the solution just like the pfed did.  Filtering it off hot, there was a good 2 1/2 - 3 grams in the filter from 3 1/2 gm pfed start.  I immediately grabbed the MEK to rinse with and OOPS!!! Shouldn't have done that!!!!  It was gone.  That pile of white powder dissolved in the MEK.  I was able to salvage about .13 gm out of the filter.
   Damn!  Gotta start over. However, I do still have the mek rinse if anyone can help me to get my shit out.
   Okay, let's try again.  Nano reduction.  1 1/2 gm pfed to start.  Same procedure except did not use zylene or MEK since I realized I am not trying to dissolve and wash out the GAK and fillers from the pills.
   Results: Boiled almost completely gone with very little pricipitate, about 0.175 gm in filter which was rinsed with acetone and turned out white as snow.  Not even sure this was meth with such a small amout, not very good anyway.
    Added Zylene again next time pricipitated better and produced a little over 1/2 gm of okay stuff.  Nano reduction must be a knack.  My yields are still pretty low all the way around, about 35-50% after 3 months or so. 
    If what I am ending up with is in fact meth it appears that the isopro/Naphtha/Zylene mix rinsed with acetone seems to be a quick way to get the meth crystals out and dry.
   If anyone else has tried this or has the chemisty background to explain why or why not this does or doesn't work I would love to here.  Any ideas or references to quick drying would sure be appreciated.
   This has got to work somehow.  I will keep trying until I figure it out for sure.

mr_pyrex

Well for one thing...if your starting material
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 10:45:00 AM »
Well for one thing...if your starting material was 3.5 gms and you recovered 2.5 - 3.0....you have unreduced material in there....cause at a 70% recovery you would only find 2.45gms, so anything above that like 2.5 to 3.0 and there is a problem.  That would explain why the compounds would respond similairly....because they are in good part the same compound.  As for having the MEK dissolve a compound...just recover the MEK that dissolved your compound and evap it...you'll recover 100% of what it dissolved as long as you didn't spill any.  As for whether or not this procedure would or would not work...I'll leave that to someone with more experience with that type procedure...I know more about A/B extractions.  Good Luck.  Pyrex out of pointers

geezmeister

dry your MEK
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 03:37:00 PM »
Dry your MEK. It has enough water in it to dissolve your meth. Just evaporate what you have, and dry your MEK before using it for this purpose again.

You are still titrating for your meth, and using alcohol and water to gather the meth HCl. You might prefer to gas the alcohol with HCl gas and extract the meth from the nonpolar with it. If it needs additional cleaning, you can always dissolve your meth in alcohol and precipitate it in xylene, or a naptha/xylene mix.

infoNut

Rube Goldburg lives?
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 09:16:00 AM »
Why not just gas? Once you have your freebase pushed into your naptha, pull your naptha off into another container and bubble HCl gas through it. Your goods precipitate right out.
Filter the crystals out of your naptha, rinse with acetone and you're done. No evapping, no heating, no mixing solvents. Gassers are easy and cheap to make.

'course, I probably couldn't tritrate to save my ass.

InfoNut

auntyjack

hey geez
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 06:43:00 PM »
i thought mek was imiscible with water...how much water will it take up?

geezmeister

water in MEK
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2004, 06:56:00 PM »
MEK is comparable to acetone in how much water it can contain. While it is very much like acetone, there are more differences than just the smell. It does have to be dried, though, just as most all acetone has to be dried.