Author Topic: liquid culture of psilocybe mycelium  (Read 5419 times)

spamurai

liquid culture, solid culture, whatever.
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2002, 10:22:00 PM »
SWIM has noticed that if you have grain-to-grain transfers down pat, you can take a fully colonized quart jar of rye grain and extract with something acidic (juices, HCl water, whatever, even ethanol if you dare to heat it and destroy the psilocin) and get a pretty decent tield of shroom cocktail out of it. 4 quart jars extracted makes about 2 liters where a dose is anywhere from 100mls on up. and like i said, grain-to-grain transfers can expand a single culture or spore germination to 1000 quarts of spawn in three transfers, according to stamets. thats without even using a flow hood.
there was soneone on the forest floor a while back who was talking about liquid culture in just the fashion you're taling about too, theres a patent on a particular culture media blend. mine that site for further details.

Trenchcoat

I ran across this tonight: http://www.
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2002, 07:15:00 PM »
I ran across this tonight:

http://www.moneyhackers.com/mu/_liquid_culture.html

Looks like mycelium CAN'T produce happy chems in liquid culture and as GOD said, it will have to be strained and allowed to pin first.

Better loving through chemistry.

GOD

just to make myself clear- -stop agitation -allow ...
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2002, 12:03:00 AM »
just to make myself clear-
-stop agitation
-allow mat to grow
-induce pinning
THEN
-strain
-dry
-extract

dunno if itll bee high yeilding....but it will work none the less.

i FEEL funny.

Yachaj

6g maltose&0.5g British Marmite per 100ml medium
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2002, 08:04:00 AM »
Perhaps that these are already mentioned elsewere, but read these US patents. They work. 3183172 and 3192111

Unfortunately not all cubensis races will pin or fruit on Hofmann's medium (pinning is needed for getting alkaloids). But the PF Stropharia does. Average yield is 2 grams of dried biomass per 100ml of medium (in a 250ml container). Blueing is greatly enhanced when Marmite - I mean the classic British yeast/vegetable extract, not vegamite or Australian Marmite - is added to the medium. Half a gram per 100ml of medium is good.

Yachaj

bibliopharmacophile