Author Topic: Tetraless in Oz!  (Read 6678 times)

kris_1108

Tetraless in Oz!
« on: June 07, 2004, 10:35:00 AM »
Has anybee been able to find pure Tetra/Perc OTC in Australia? I can't find it at all! There are heaps of products that contain TCE/PCE, but none that just have plain old non-flammable TCE/PCE with CO2 as the propellant. SwiK asked the dry cleaners for some PCE to 'clean some electrical components'  ::) , and he was kindly informed that you need a 'certificate' to handle it...

placebo

WTF for? I still haven't seen a pill in Oz...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 11:12:00 AM »
WTF for?
I still haven't seen a pill in Oz that can't be extracted with the cure or variation or A/B.

kris_1108

Good
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 12:45:00 PM »
Placebo, thats great news! I just assumed that any ozpills would need something aggressive like TCE to dissolve the polymers.

You mention an a/b; do you just mean a strait forward waterless a/b, with a few solvent boils beforehand?

wareami

Hmmmmm....
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 04:04:00 PM »
I have no interest in argueing with your assessment placebo and I'm at a severe disadvantage because I don't have access to ozzie pills, but I find it hard to believe that Oz pharms aren't employing a variant of the WORLD renowned Drymatrix Formulation and other preferred polymer embodiments being employed by the industry today.
I think I can count on one hand 100+ Ozbees that have come here seeking relief because of the denaturant/adulterants in Ozstralia that are resistant to the common a/b and cure remedies as well as the variant approaches.
I for one would be extremely pleased to see a workaround from your corner to combat the latest pill formulations.
All due respect!

12cheman12

yupp placebo, there are many oz bees here...
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2004, 04:32:00 PM »
yupp placebo, there are many oz bees here workin very hard on the oz pills. And you state that our pills are so easy to clean, So if you dont mind sharing how come their so easy im sure many oz bees will be extremly happy.

placebo

Re: You mention an a/b; do you just mean a...
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004, 10:35:00 AM »

You mention an a/b; do you just mean a strait forward waterless a/b, with a few solvent boils beforehand?

That will depend on the brand of pills.

WareTFami,
I have never agreed with your methods, but never responded/belittled them as I have no proof to their efficacy due to the fact that I don't deal with US pills.

So I would expect the same respect, and ask that you don't bother posting in regard to Oz pills.

12cheman12,

Don't bother speaking to me if you have a ripped off username from a respected bee named chemman. At least show the courtesy and imagination to make your own.
If you are the real chemman whom I have met then prove it.

As for methods, do you want me to make a list of every pill in Oz containing pfed and it's own extraction method? Fuck-off the methods are already written and none of them involve PTCEFGHIJKL.

12cheman12

wooo placebo slow down brother.
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2004, 11:13:00 AM »
wooo placebo slow down brother.
I never said i am cheman, nor did i know there was such a bee till ur post just then, Im fairly new around these blocks and never meant to rip off any respected bees username. It was just a name i came up with when i first signed on here, i honestly had no idea there was such a respected bee by that name.
I hope i didnt offended you or anyone else here, im just another oz bee trying to make it through and hope i can help other oz bees out just as id expect them to help me out.
Swim is wondering placebo have you worked on the 240mg pills, the ones that come in boxes of 7. Swim has tried many times on these but cant seem to get a decent yield, i think he got like 20% of gaked crap freebase.

sublevel

click go the shears
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2004, 11:13:00 AM »
orange gakk  ph absorbing the list goes on. all gaks are here in oz just the same as the US.
 Not only do we have to put up with there gakks but also sitcoms like Will and Grace (Wareami and Geeiz)ha ha  we will always inherit at some stage what the US has.

certain pills were unavailable 3 to four months back when they became available again hot nonpolar washes gummed the mass where as before it would not. formulations have changed. the workarounds have changed slightly again as they always do.

an altered a/b works yeh but so does tetra

no offence intended.

Wicked_Rain

Arrogant Bee of the Day
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2004, 12:53:00 PM »
indeed that suits you well Placebo. you must be proud. as for not agreeing with Wares methods thats all well and good. however the TCE/JD method pioneered by him surley produces awesome results that have rescued MANY from a quagmire of polys and various other loads of gakked crap. when my insane friend read this post he felt compelled to answer in defense of a method that is fact up proven many times over. my insane friend believes that Ware is more than qualified to speak on OZ pills or any other that he may choose to. before you go on about how many posts i have or what is written under my name realize that it dont mean jackshit. not trying to start a debate as there is nothing to debate and i have said what i have to say on the matter. my insane friend entered into this game in 1979 so he speaks from a vast base of experience not acquired by mouse and keyboard but from being in the trenchs firsthand. last but not least, to say cheman ripped off a name that is as common as the cold is retarded. do you think he went thru the list of members here and elsewhere untill he found one he liked and registered it. in the real world do you go around accusing other people with your same first name of ripping it off? i was also wondering if arrogance is something you have had to learn and practise for or if it just comes naturally.

12cheman12

Thanks wicked_rain, sticking up like a big bro
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2004, 01:07:00 PM »
Thanks wicked_rain, sticking up like a big bro their.

Im sure placebo isnt attacking ware. Like you said ware came up with the JD/TCE method. But this is a method which is completly useless to OZ bees as JD is non exsisnt, and no terebine does not work as a subsitute IMHO.

I think placebos just stating that its pretty hard for someone who cant work with OZ pills to give definte answers to questions when they havnt had any experiences with them. Im not saying we dont want your help cuz trust me WE DO.
What am i saying, something like this shouldnt even be coming up, i mean were all hear to help each other right? to listen to each other and not to fight!

kris_1108

Thanks to all!
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2004, 02:00:00 PM »
Well, I would like to thank EVERYONE for their input on this thread, and not include nor exclude anyone particular! I'm sure that all would agree with, the pill situation is getting pretty crazy! And I am open to anyone's information or opinions on that matter...

Shane_Warne

kris you dumb.
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2004, 02:56:00 PM »
You don't need tetra. But kris_1018 I think I told you that already.

It sounds like ware does alcohol extracts, in which case tetra is very useful.

If they were my pills, and I had permission to legally extract them, I'd try a mix of about 70:30 plain old turps:toluene, in the modified tetraless trap you were ridiculing, like you knew shit mate.  :P

Except minimal heat, or else you'll activate the Orange, like 12cheman12 said a couple of days back.

The tetratrap works better with small batch sizes, and is much less difficult and time consuming, because if using a sprayer it takes longer to ensure everything is wet.

A more generous sprayer is better for larger sizes or you'll be there all day (literally almost).

wareami

Tolerance....
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2004, 03:13:00 PM »

WareTFami,
I have never agreed with your methods, but never responded/belittled them as I have no proof to their efficacy due to the fact that I don't deal with US pills.

Placebo: That is understandable and as I stated, not being able to effectively disect OZ pills places me at a disadvantage, but on the rare occassions that an OZbee provides a list of inactive ingredients, US DObees are usually able to provide some relief for Ozbees until that formulation changes locally.
The difference between you and I is that my heart goes out to Ozbees when they seek help and I'll do everything in my power to help out, even while beeing at a disadvantage.
I like to think that workarounds provide relief the world over provided the chems and solvents are accessible to AWE bees. As was the case with the Turps Cure(thank you)
If you think they aren't employing OrangeI and II gaaks in OZ, think again, because I've read the detailed crys for help that suggest those gaaks are part of the problem over there. And a large part of the education I've received was a result of paying attention to what OZ bees are hit with because some of the formulations originated overseas that are affecting US bees.
I could have run three LWR rxns in the time I've sat addressing OZbees chem aquistion problems and helping to develope solutions tailored toward similar gaaks found in your area of the globe.
Just as sublevel says...The Technology is world wide in the pharmaceutical industry.
Did not your Turps cure save the US from the POV wars?
Well the Egull and IDEA methods spelled relief for OZbees as well until formulations changed.
Then came time for JapanDrier and Tetra based on the changes found.
That entailed alittle more effort than getting pissed and forgetting the pillmass sitting in turps for a day and discovering that the POV was removed.
Please spare me nd the rest of us the respect bullshit!
I give it 120% where it's due and you of all people should know that. And that says nothing percentage-wise of what I give back to the collective, all of which is the result of hands on experimentation. Not specualtion!
You've left yourself wide open on more than one occassion while addressing my contributions and out of respect I held my tongue.
I have no control whatsoever over the list of chems and solvents available to Ozbees. But I'll e the first to search and research suitable substitutes.
In case you didn't know it, I'm a main supporter of the "NO BEE LEFT BEHIND" CAMP-PAIN in this WOD! :o  ;D
I know what is available in the states and I've spent cuntless(oooppps freudian slip ;) ) hours looking for compatible substitutes for your fellow countrymen. The OZbees that I call friends.
All I asked of you since your so excited about helping your bros over there, is to put your money where your mouth is and show them a technique that works and that appears to be too monumental a task for you because of all the formulations you've come across.
So Bee it!
One liners aren't much help IMHO, and with what ALL BEES are facing today, alot more is involved with getting your hands dirty instead of relying on longstanding reputation to help others out of a jam.
Thanx Bees for the support and standing behind what Ibee beelieves In.
But the War On Drugs continues and helping the collective should be the focus of intent regardless of your place of origin.
I think I have earned the right to say "PUT UP or SHUT UP"!
I think that's the purpose for this board beeing here! Sharing what works.
And placebo, please refer to this thread

Post 250986 (missing)

(wareami: "WhiteWashing ¥our Mind", Stimulants) if your inclined to believe I haven't done any footwork toward helping OZbees out in their plight.
Look at the date.....nothings changed in my willingness to help out in spite of the disadvantages. Some see a brick wall and walk the other way! That's how much they care!

12cheman12

Placebo i dont wanna sound rude but as wareami
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2004, 04:14:00 PM »
Placebo i dont wanna sound rude but as wareami said, you gave us a one liner.
"I still haven't seen a pill in Oz that can't be extracted with the cure or variation or A/B "
I know there is no universal cure for all oz pills but how about you giving us an explantion.
Now of course youve seen the pills that come 7 to a box and are 240mg pseudo sulfate, and what bout the 12 hour 18 repeteabs with Dexchlorpheniramine Maleate. 18 of these to a box. These are probably the most widespread pills in oz.
So instead of boasting bout how they can be done, please give us an explanation. Thats what this site is all about.

jemma_jamerson

with respect to placebo
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2004, 06:42:00 AM »
i have seen him state in the past that a one gram yeild is shit per pack, which was a comment to 8ball.

heres a reality check, most of us, either use steam distill, or solvent soaks and boils with a dry base and still get only 1 gram per pack.

so whats doing placebo? enlighten us then.

kris_1108

Shane, you're my hero
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2004, 10:38:00 AM »
Subject:  kris you dumb.
You don't need tetra. But kris_1018 I think I told you that already.
I'd try a mix of about 70:30 plain old turps:toluene, in the modified tetraless trap you were ridiculing, like you knew shit mate.

Come on man, do we have to read this

Post 509747

(Shane_Warne: "Any technique using alcohol or acetone as the...", Stimulants)
and the following few again?

Shane, I've got an idea! Why don't you PM ahgreich, and tell him to edit the Tetra Trap write up. Then he would have to call it "The Trap - Your Route to Clean Pseudo!" And then convince all the members here that have been using The Tetra Trap for ages, to stop using Tetra in there, and go with your approach!

I'd try a mix of about 70:30 plain old turps:toluene, in the modified tetraless trap
What for? To REPLACE the tetra, and then add NP? Or to wash the PM? Or to pull the FB?

LOOK. If you know how to perform a successfull A/B extraction on auspills without Tetra, thats excellent (I'm not being sarcastic there.) And I would like to know how to do it, and you have given some guidance, and I appreciate that. Being helpful and giving suggestions is great, and is all welcomed here. But the smart-arse comments are uneccessary, and only stir things up.

Thanks again, and I do appreciate your help. No need to bee nasty  :)  Hangin out to hear back! (re: the turps/tolly questions. Oh BTW I have no tolly, but xylene)
Seeya

wareami

Okay....
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2004, 10:44:00 AM »
First off...before things get out of hand here, there is a simple fact that shouldn't be overshadowed or overlooked regarding pill extraction anywhere in the world.
It's not as easy as it looks! It's not as simple as it was during the h2o extraction days or even the exotic solvent extractions days.
Hell...from a time standpoint, the Egull in it's day was easier and faster than an h2o extract because there was no need to boil down the h2o/pfed filtrate.
Placebo's turps cure helped the world over combat Povidone at it's peak.
Now bees face many new hurdles and none of these latest formulations have a specifically tailored work-around that will work across the board on all pills everywhere.
Not only that, but legislation recently passed in some states here in the US mandates that certain easier to extract varieties of OTC pfed, be put behind the counter and now require ID to track over the limit purchases.
The harder to extract varieties are still sold OTC without ID but they still have the same per visit package limits.
If bees were to unleash a cure-all publicly on those harder to extract pills, it would rip those pills from the hands of bees that don't have an alternate route of aquisition.
So as many can see by logical deduction, we're playing with a double edged sword of sorts.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't syndrome.
That places the dobee extraction squads in a precarious predicament.
Do we blow our fellow bees out of the water in order to "Help" the collective?
Placebo made the best point however when he posted in his normal arrogant tone that it's next to impossible to assign and lay out an extraction method tailored to each and every formulation on the market.
And I'm sure many formulations in OZ are just as different as the many formulations here in the states.
But one fact remains...
All are a bitch to extract and I don't care what language you speak.
You'll see bees dropping hints at certain times that will help those bees inclined to pick up things based on past experience and those that have really done their homework or at least paid attention to all the different Lunatics ramblings that have some knowledge of what's going on in the extraction field. Thiose that are in the trenchs as Wicked_Rain Says.
If you don't fit into that category that didn't pay attention at the time, and you are determined, you'll do something about catching UP on the parts you missed when it was GOing down around here. It's all still ther by they way.
These little tidbits are still littered thoughout TFSE® and free to all bees that are desparate enough for the answers.
Those naysayers that didn't keep UP, well guess what?
If you had spent less time bitching and claiming "it'll never work" and spent more time applying that which was suggested, the hands on application would have set off all kind of recognition bells and signs above the head reading "AHHH That's what that tweeker was talking about!".
So in a way, I don't really feel sorry for those that had the chance to get their hands dirty and didn't jump at the opportunity, I feel sorry for those that aren't afraid to jump in help and may never get the chance because the door is closing fast!
So for those seeking the easiest way in the daze to come, start learning some real chemistry cause your going to need it.
I know it's the only way I'll stay afloat soon!
Placebo? Got any good eph alkaloid synths lying about?
L-pac...anything to help a bee out here?
Again...AWE due respect!
I'm being serious here!
I'm all for burying the hatchet and working together contrary to popular belief. 8)

Kris: The most likely reason that tetra is hard to get your hands on is because it's being phased out.
Hell some bees in the states will tell ya that ya need to buy brake shoes before they'll sell ya brake parts cleaner from BEHIND THE COUNTER!
How bizarre is that?
How bizarre is it that North carolina just put tetra/pce on their watched chem list?
You Oz bees have every right to be asking for suitable substitutes to proven extraction methods.
There must be a godamn good reason behind not being able to find something that was available a year ago to you bees.
But as placebo said outright, US bees are at a slight disadvantage with not being able to play with the OZ pills, but it won't stop those bees who care from exhausting every possible avenue in the search to help AWE bees that come here in search for solutions.

12cheman12

Your right on the spot ware.
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2004, 11:14:00 AM »
Your right on the spot ware.
Shanw warne, i myself have no doubts in your ability, and through swims actions he belives your ways sound very feasible to oz bees. And your way will cure swims problems his currently having.
I think what kris is gettin upset at here is that, youse are half telling him what to do. Expecting him to figure out the other half. You said a modified tetra trap.
From what i understand from reading all your posts all swim has to do is crush pills with base, use water to activate and use a mix of turps and toluene. Thats all the info you have ever given us.
Now please can you give us a more detailed explantion, are there any pre cleans to the pill mass before the a/b and are there any post cleans. Can toluene be subsituted for xylene. And what pills are you talkin bout.
Give us a detailed explanation and i guarantee you that swim will be the first one speeding off the blocks trying it out.
Now for any NON oz bees out there, lemme explain something. Down here there are only a few types of pills left. No generic brands wat so ever.
Theres one that contains 30mg and 500mg para.
Another that is 120 mg sulfate with blue coating and anti-his, also comes in 240mg
And last there is another brand that comes in 120mg and 240mg sulfate plus an anti-his of Loratadine.
These three brands are the pretty much the only pills we have. And in swims state, these are the only pills available to purchase.
A single box of one of these cost around 15 on average so you can see why we get a bit agro.

Shane_Warne

Just listen.
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2004, 12:11:00 PM »
What for? To REPLACE the tetra, and then add NP? Or to wash the PM? Or to pull the FB?

No. To formulate a NP that will dissolve sudo well at room temperature, but not so strong that it will dissolve too much rubbish.

Xylene's fine.

But there's nothing built in to that variation of the tetratrap procedure that will deal with eudragit, but it will limit the pillmass from holding on to fb due to Orange.

I also think the hours of grinding against Na2CO3 damages cellulose binders weak mechanical strength, and the pfed is based from within the encapsulations.

I believe this because the yields have been too high, and would have expected them (cellulose gaks) to have done a better job.

No, you look. It's the clean I've modified up to my current understandings based on experiences, and luckily for you it's a very simple procedure and uses minimal solvents. It has near zero mechanical loss.

What do you want to hear? You won't bee happy till I say "This is a universal clean I promise!"

I won't say that because I don't know if it's true or not, but I highly doubt it considering that it doesn't have any considerations built in to it regarding eudragit.

It's never ended in a complete failure for swim, and has commonly given very high yields on 60s. It's worth a try on any pill you've got, because it's plain to see that you don't have any other clues.

If you want my opinion I think that if you were to set on on a turps cure, with additions on your own you'd fuck it up somewhere.

Don't believe me? So what now? Ya don't believe me--seeya later mate. :P

edit: 12cheman12,

I'm sure I've gone in to more detail. Basically just do a tetratrap without the tetra, do it thoroughly, and use a sprayer. Don't use a super powerful NP, and also don't use a NP that's totally weak (on it's own).
Do 5 or so pulls.

That's it. That is what worked better for swim than tetra, and then DCM to drench the pillmass, all three have been tested.

Tetra and DCM are available to swim, it's out there, but as ware said they are being phased out for environmental reasons.

But it's not important, because by the crystallization stage, acetone and recrystallization seems to remove most all impurities that are visible.

Don't read in to that that if you do acetone boils at the beginning of the procedure you'll have no clean up work afterwards...it doesn't work like that, newbees minds work like that.

placebo

Blah, Blah, Blah! Your very good at using as...
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2004, 04:01:00 PM »
Blah, Blah, Blah!
Your very good at using as many words as possible to say very little.
Verbosity Queen! I think I have helped as many Bees as any other here besides the obvious admins. The only difference with me and you, is I saved bandwidth doing it and in a lot of occasions I made the lazy bee UTFSE instead of wasting our collective times. Some people just like the sound of there own voice.

Not everybody should be helped. Not every moron should be making meth! Sometimes, some people should be making meth but start with the wrong attitude and/or lazy and just need a nudge to get on the right path. By coddling morons you gradually destroy the hive.

I still stand by my statement. Besides my belief that all these extraneous chems are unecessary. These methods have very little use except in micro amounts. Extract half a kg for me?

If you want to know how to extract any pill in Oz, just ask. As stated I have not come across one that can't be tackled. The reason I don't waste my time and hive bandwidth answering every amateur question in full detail, is that the info is already there, find it!

Any of the pills with para and/or pfed sulphate and/or antihistamine, must be A/B'd. That's a normal regualar A/B. So if for whatever reason or additive you know that it can't be A/B'd, then you have to remove/work around it.

Be anal, and most importantly.. PATIENCE!!! Give everything time to happen.

As for your comments about pill alternatives... It's good to see you have finally come around to my way of thinking. I would love to get around to some LPAC experimentation and plan to do so at some stage. But unfortunately for the last year my attention has been on the manufacture of MDMA thus my reduction in frequency in posting in this forum. It's not that I don't read it all, but just don't have the patience nor time to reply to what is mostly pink noise in this forum.

I think the LPAC is definately a great thing to persue (as is any P2P pathway), but if I were a US bee, I wouldn't be playing with pills all this time if Ma Haung were available. In Oz we have never had this luxury.

geezmeister

I agree with Ware's comments in Post 512341...
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2004, 05:15:00 PM »
I agree with Ware's comments in

Post 512341

(wareami: "Okay....", Stimulants)
and with Placebo's comments in

Post 512394

(placebo: "Blah, Blah, Blah! Your very good at using as...", Stimulants)
. I understand what Shane_Warne says in

Post 512356

(Shane_Warne: "Just listen.", Stimulants)
and understand why he uses the tone he uses posting his comments. 

He has posted what he is doing. The tetra trap predates the Eudragit formulation introduction. It is not effective against all of the Eudragit polymers. He's working with pills and reporting what he is having success with. He's reporting the news. He's not posting headlines (new threads). If you aren't keeping up with the news, don't complain that you didn't see a headline.

If I had enough pills to extract the pseudo from at present, I would likely give Shane-Warne's procedures a try, and would incorporate a long xylene soak and use xylene as the solvent to extract the pseudo.

Pill availability problems hamper my ability to participate in this experiment. Otherwise, I might find myself having to agree with Ware about not heating solvents, and with Shane_Warne about not needing tetra. I'd probably find something I could disagree with Placebo about, just on general principles. (Agreeing with all three bees in one day might invoke a curse of some type.)

I see a long ride to gather pills in my immediate future.

Shane_Warne

geezmeister
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2004, 06:37:00 PM »
geezmeister you sounded worn out by the sight of all the arguing. damn. thanks for the vote of confidence, so what would be your reasoning behind using xylene to extract with mate?

Well kris, I apologise for the tone.

I think if you follow the procedure I outlined then you'll get a result.
It's very hard to get excellent results on your first time at anything, especially when there is anxieties to deal with aswell.

Just remember a few small things, grind well and pass through a sifter.
Try find a nice small sifter that fits nicely over a cup or glass. You'll be surprised how little you'll lose doing this, even on one pack.

You can always spray the mortar and pestle, sive, and cup during the procedure and then add it anyway.

Goodluck, what're you going to be testing this on if you decide to? 240s?

woo unchartered territory if so but I'd still try that method first, and expect a result.

Or another method is like weazlds (sp?) and do rough alcohol extracts, boil down slowly, then A/B with water.

Theyre both good.

geezmeister

xylene because... well...
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2004, 10:03:00 PM »
xylene was your choice of extraction solvent. I would certainly experiment with it in this application. Using your approach, I would do a xylene presoak to remove inerts that dissolve in xylene, removing them before I extracted the pseudo rather than at the same time. I would do a soak, overnight at least, rather than a boil as heat reportedly activates some of the newer gakks. Xylene is agressive enough that it need not be heated to do a good job of extracting the freebase pseudo. Xylene is a "dry" solvent, which provides some advantage in the extraction step as well as when gassing.

As to "dry basing"--- when Video Editor was working on what became the Straight to Bee method, we experimented with  dry basing the pill mass and extracting pseudo with hot naptha. We had yields better than the straight the Bee method as posted when dry basing. We also extracted every last bit of the PEG in the pills with the pseudo. It might have been that we extracted the pseudo with the PEG-- since it turned out that hot naptha dissolves PEG as well as anything else we tried. This led to me to include a couple of naptha boils to remove PEG from the pill mass prior to basing when using the STB method. Xylene at room temperature did not take out PEG then, and I have no reason to assume PEG has changed solubilities on us. I didn't try to dry base and extract into xylene at the time, because  discovering the efficacy of hot naptha as a PEG solvent solved our immediate problem.
I would do one pull before using any water at all, just to see how well the dry basing works, and to see if stirring the pill mass/base in xylene might improve yield by facilitating the basing in some way. It worked with naptha, but the naptha also brought the PEG. Perhaps with a presoak you won't have similar problems with xylene.

12cheman12

oright i know this is a bit off topic but i...
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2004, 06:29:00 AM »
oright i know this is a bit off topic but i dont want to start another thread asking this.

Check this out geez

Each *********  24 Hour Relief Sustained-Release Tablet contains loratadine 10mg in the tablet coating for immediate release and 240mg pseudoephedrine sulfate in the tablet core which is released slowly from the core allowing for once daily administration. Each tablet also contains hypromellose, ethylcellulose, calcium hydrogen phosphate, povidone, silicone dioxide, magnesium stearate, macrogol, sucrose, carnauba wax, beeswax and artificial colouring.

This is pretty much our main pill here, for swim anyways.

What would your experience tell you to do here?

Shane_Warne

your right geez
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2004, 11:05:00 AM »
xylene was your choice of extraction solvent.

Nope, a combination of either xylene or toluene with naptha or mineral turpentine, is my choice, but your way sounds good too.

Boiling naptha does bring up PEG as you discovered way back then. Oznaptha does the same.

PEG is the primary impurity.
Using rt xylene would be a good improvment because it doesn't dissolve PEG well until boiling, does it?

Acetone does remove PEG at the crystallization stage, but the sooner the better as you say.

With the orange being activated with heat, it seems to only get real bad, when the temperature gets about 2/3's to boiling, and onwards.

warm should be alright, I wish I had one of those coffee warmers you bees have been gloating about, my coffee always gets cold when I'm typing.

Thanks for the help Geez. Sometimes techniques just need a tweak here or there to extend theyr'e life.

12cheman12

shane, as swim stated before how orange is...
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2004, 11:19:00 AM »
shane, as swim stated before how orange is actived with heat swim found that out while fuckin round with some pills, cant memba what types but. But im sure swim did solvent boils aswell. so maybe orange is only actived when its heated in the presence of a base?
Also if you use a mix of naptha and NP the naptha wont pull any FB unless heated which could blow the whole thing releasing the orange.

Shane_Warne

shane, as swim stated before how orange is...
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2004, 11:45:00 AM »
shane, as swim stated before how orange is actived with heat swim found that out while fuckin round with some pills, cant memba what types but. But im sure swim did solvent boils aswell. so maybe orange is only actived when its heated in the presence of a base?

It's not important to find out, since nothing needs to be boiled with a base or without.

I never said use naptha alone, or mineral turps. But it does dissolve a certain amount per/ml, of fb at rt actually.
Why do you think bees have been placing it in the freezer, to filter fb out?

Use a combination, or straight xylene or toluene and you won't have to worry.

Also, as you know, swim has been bringing it up to a boil and still getting a good result, with orange activated.

So make it warm if you like, but not at all hot. Use a 50:50 mix of turps to xylene.

Do it on one pack, it's much less tricky, so that you can see results, then do more.