Author Topic: how much pseudo is this please?  (Read 2464 times)

pink_dust_angel

how much pseudo is this please?
« on: June 03, 2004, 02:20:00 AM »

casper

buy some scales
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 04:38:00 AM »
If you plan on pursuing this endeavor any further id suggest as a start, invest 20 bucks on a set of 4 gram pocket scales, most pawn shops in swims area carry them

Quality

i am no athority
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 11:56:00 PM »
i am no authority, and if i was not feeling so talkative, and over zealous i would not have tended to this question,
because, again i am no athority......... 
 but I am an egger unseasoned bee trying to fly straight
 looking for quality answers,  hoping for quality results,
i assume like you
i have had experience when it comes to scales,
buy them, you need them, it is crazy to approximate weight with you eyes, there are so many variables that make it unfeasible.........
 reflection from the bag,     humidity, etc, etc, i am sure 
seasoned bees could give you even more.
you can get hand, and digitals from you local head shop,  the digitals range from .01 up usually to 112gms (have gotten them in the 100-$200 rang), at head shops where i'm flyn' & even more cost efficient, less accurate scale that start at 1gm.
and if you are feeling extra exocentric :-) and through you can go to a lab ware supplier for super good accuracy,
but no matter what,
scales are a necessary, whither you have intentions of synthesizing meth or not.
In my humble, “stranger” titled opinion.
good luck  ;)

wareami

Weight Problems...
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2004, 05:13:00 AM »
QualityAssurance: Good Lookin out!
When Ibee worked a summer job on the boardwalk as a mindreader, he found it extremely difficult to accurately "Guess Weights" after smoking a bowl of angeldust.
He got fired for giving away AWE the Stuffed Giant CaliforniaRaisins

Post 211267 (missing)

(wareami: "Re: Cheap scales", Chemicals & Equipment)

Post 479856 (missing)

(wareami: "Scales Smales...", Stimulants)

pink_dust_angel

thnx dudes
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2004, 06:51:00 AM »
thanks people, swim knows that they definitly  need some scales be sure of that.swim just desovred a nice lil a/b procedure few months back then decided one day to try it out.swim thinks he had somewhere from 4-6 grams in that lil baggy.it was only used with KMnO4 for a simple oxidation so values where set a lil low etc.
ps..in swims experience its not a good idea to try ure second pull and first gassing experiment after smokin way too much of the first pulls product ;)  ::)

Shane_Warne

weight isn't essential.
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2004, 07:21:00 AM »
If using a balance like ware describes, it's not essential to know the weight, but rather the ratio.

weigh the pfed first against a series of coins.

then use pfed as the counterbalance, when weighing your iodine, and let the pfed start at the lower side. So it takes more effort i.e weight in iodine to tip the scales.

Add a few more grains of I2 on top of that if it makes you wet.
;D

recycling agent weight depends on the recycling agent.

Xaja

You guys are funny
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2004, 11:32:00 AM »
You can guess the amounts cause like S_W says there its the ratio and SWIX has been hard up before and guessed, but FUCK GET SOME PROPER SCALES... its pretty much clandstine chemists (or any chemist for that matter) standard equipment! Honestly get some digitals, its important for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is being able to reproduce results.

weaz1dls

Aproximation
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2004, 11:45:00 AM »
this doesnt take the place of a scale but a 1/8 tsp of powder (roughly similar in molecular weight) will equal about 1/4 gram.  Now keep in mind that this is relative to the density of the powder and not packing the spoon tight.

wet or dry the the weights will vary.  When you get that scale do yourself a favor and become familiar with the weight and volume of H20 ;D

wareami

Counter Measures...
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2004, 02:52:00 PM »
There is no approximation when using counterweights of known weight.
Accuracy in ratio is indeed needed for success and as weaz points out, dry precursors are HIGHly recommended for HI/RP rxns.
Ibee uses guitar picks for weights under 1gram.
1/6th of a gram tipping the scales makes for pretty good accuracy IMHO, in lieu of a digiscale or tripbeam.
As somebee mentioned....those postalweight handheld headshop jobs also do the dirtydeeddonedirt Cheep!

pink_dust_angel

well swim decided a longtime ago hes gonna buy
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2004, 03:52:00 PM »
well swim decided a longtime ago hes gonna buy some scales acurate to 0.1 grams as swim is tired of usin saturation points etc...like that dude said they cost 20$ which is like what you save if you quit smokin for a week 8)

weaz1dls

A week!
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2004, 09:02:00 PM »
20 a week ....Heaven realized again!   ;)  ;)