Author Topic: Making myself sick  (Read 15718 times)

zorilla

mmm i had some weird meth last week
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2004, 03:20:00 PM »
my friend made a small 4 gram batch.he used 2 different kinds of pills.30 mg red hots and white 60's.it was real pretty;sparkling white and some was transparent.by eyeballing the finished product you could tell it had made more meth than his other small batches.like a dummy though he never weighed it.i ate some and thought it was good.i experenced the usual effects...i was talking a mile a minute
and felt energized.confusion and paranoid thoughts soon followed.i was also guzzling down beers as fast as i could.my mind was in high gear thinking more creative thoughts by the minute.my body felt tired though so i kept using more hoping my body would catch up with my mind.any other time on meth i get extremely horny but did not have that effect this time.only meth i ever had that kept me awake but i felt so tired...it's a week since i had any meth and i can still barely keep my eyes open and still suffer from confusion.

geezmeister

responses
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2004, 04:11:00 PM »
Amalgum: Underreduction is always a possible source of the problem. For hypo, the stuff was cooked long enough to complete, then a while. The lack of any activity, the color, and the smell all suggested completeness. As to recrystallizing, understand the stuff was recrystallized three times to get the bag of diamond, the two of sugar, and the remaining flakes.

ADDkid-- If it is the pseudo it is not in all the pills. I had not done a reaction with the generic 120's in some time, having been engaged in a recent love affair with a couple of brands of white 60's. That may explain part of how noticeable the effects are, or aren't, as the case may be. Alternate routes are certainly something we all need to be considering now. Its allergy season where I live, and I have a runny nose most of the time this time of year, but no cold or any untoward problems at present.

Shorty: I can't rule out an incomplete reaction. Its hard to say any particular reaction fully completed, and hypo from sodium hypophosphite can vary from batch to batch. Yes, its possible. But it had all the outward appearance of a finished reaction. I may have pulled it too soon, but I let it reflux for hours.

RedCrown: I still have some of the pseudo left to do. I have done a bath in NaOH and methanol, with a loss of about 20% by weight in the pseudo. I distilled some chlorinated solvents last night to soak the pseudo in to see if they might break anything still in them loose. I am out of the precursor for hypo right now, and will either do a phos acid cook or an rP cook of the balance of the pseudo. You can rule out food poisoning, allergies, and illness. There is no doubt in my mind that the problems I felt were related to ingesting the drug.
While I did not recombine the three crystals, I did some of each in sequence at the same time, trying to compare them.

it seems as though the breakdown of P80 and ethylene glycol used up your HI before the rxn was complete, with a good portion of your meth stuck as the aziridine intermediate. .. Add to that the intrinsic toxicities of the P80 and ethylene glycol not completely broken-down by HI (mainly when smoked) + some assorted garbage from the ethene-producing step.

This comment makes a lot of sense. The description of effects from smoking it fit the information from Dwarfer's post about (-)(-) pseudo so well. I've smoked meth from less than complete batches that was tainted with polysorbate 80 and with PEG. None of them gave these effects. I am familiar with incomplete synths, with failed synths. This appeared complete, the product contained meth, but the meth did not do what meth normally does. In incomplete batches, recrystallizing will take the yield down substantially, but you tend to clean the meth you have up. I did three recrystallizations on this stuff. The stuff that recrystallized best had the least meth-like effect. The stuff that was in the middle was the best, and the stuff that remained fluffy and white did nothing. 

Unionpacific: I've had many successful hypo batches with pseudo from this source. The product had no taste when vaporized. If burned it had a little nasty taste, but it always does if burned.

Ware: Thanks for the confirmation. Your thoughts on the situtation parallel mine.

Xaja: I didn't misunderestimate the strength of the dope. It  didn't tweak me out. I slept within the first 24 hours of using it, which was damn good sign in itself that it wasn't good. I am not currently facing any sort of tolerance issues as my meth usage this year has been very moderate, particularly by my standards, and I had not been doing any meth at all for the previous week to ten days.

Zorilla: The sleepiness and the confusion were in fact pronounced after the first day.

Thanks for the comments folks.

It may be useful to keep this subject matter alive for discussion. I acknowledge it could have been a single failed batch, but I really think the symptoms of use were different that I am accustomed to having from failed batches. There was definitiely something different about this one.

dwarfer

what are the effects of (-)r meth amphetamine???
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2004, 09:29:00 PM »
I've postulated, based on information from Gemini, that the conversion of (-)(-)pseudo to the relatively inactive
"flipped amino" MA is the problem.

Two "street samples" acquired by Marvin the Indulgent have proven to have the same characteristic. 

The minus MA is OK in small quantities: it has a transparently alertness AS LONG AS YOU DON'T PUSH IT.

But it ain't gonna get you where you like to go.

===========

If somebody has a ref to what OD's on the - MA are like,
it would be valuable.

True value also would be found in the alkali alcoholate treatment Rhode refs on his site, making it a +- blend again..

This latest insult, too, 
 will fall.

===================

Didn't somebody say that the two isomers were differently soluble
in isopropyl alcohol??

out

randolph_carter

sounds like levo ma to somebee.....
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2004, 10:33:00 PM »
well swarmage, some lizards i have known intimately have had the unfortunate experience of consuming copious quantities of levo ma from a massive extraction of "vicks" (l-desoxyn hcl 50mg per) many moon ago, it may bee possible to comment on what you are saying about this ill product.....

the effects sound identical...

it was initially administered via the iv route...

initially a small sample gave a uplifting of the spirits but with a pronounced fuzziness and vertigo component after a short while....
the lab lizards decided that more would bee in order...
so of course a bigger PILE was the rigged up...
yowzer!!!!
bad move....
it was even worse!!!!
and yes it had a multi day effect on the mental capabilities of all who did very much of it.....

back in those dayz noone smoked it so i cannot comment on that.....

of course azridines also do give some  of these effects but it would seem more likely to me that the simplest way for the swinoidz/pharmfagz to cause problems would be to just sub the other isomer instead of wasting so much time with engineering different gakks......

i cannot tell for sure but from first arm experience it SURE sounds that way...

jus a raving inta da sat eye in the afternoon.....

amalgum

serotonin and such
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2004, 02:56:00 AM »
zorilla:

and felt energized.confusion and paranoid thoughts soon followed.i was also guzzling down beers as fast as i could.my mind was in high gear thinking more creative thoughts by the minute.my body felt tired though so i kept using more hoping my body would catch up with my mind.any other time on meth i get extremely horny but did not have that effect this time.only meth i ever had that kept me awake but i felt so tired...it's a week since i had any meth and i can still barely keep my eyes open and still suffer from confusion.

This sound to SWIM exactly like serotonin depletion, that comes on only after very long periods of use (over months) whether your use was every fucking day or once a week.  SWIM has experienced the exact same things you have mentioned above, on many of an occasion.  But only afterstaying up a few days and using heavily.

See, meth also stimulates serotonin, much in the same ways MDMA does (they are really structurally close).  This SWIM knows from experience.  See when on good meth he gets that strong appetite for sex as well, and during sex he gets those same bodily feelings he gets from MDMA, like tingles and just a general empathogenic feeling, a feeling that comes with serotonin release.  Serotonin has also been shown to have something to do with humans sleep patterns as well.  The fact that you had an overwhelming tiredness, plus lack of that sex desire just screams serotonin depletion.  This is when it's time to lay off my friend.

geez:
Amalgum: Underreduction is always a possible source of the problem. For hypo, the stuff was cooked long enough to complete, then a while. The lack of any activity, the color, and the smell all suggested completeness. As to recrystallizing, understand the stuff was recrystallized three times to get the bag of diamond, the two of sugar, and the remaining flakes.
[/quote]

All that doesn't mean a thing.  The hypo could have undergone some oxidation, forming H3PO3 or even some H3PO4, rendering it less affective.  Also there could very well be newer gaks present that slipped by unoticed and hindered the reaction.  It can also be all the above, or none of it.  Of course these are only speculations.
As far as recrystallizing goes, the fact that you got two other piles of weird crap makes SWIM lean more toward the theory of pill adulterants that got through and hindered reduction, giving you back a wonderfull pile of azridine (or some other under reduced product).  In SWIMS past experiences with what he belives with 95% surety was aziridine, it seems to be the best half-reduced product to recrystallize cloesest to how meth does.  SWIM has seen recrystallized azirdine that looked different by a little (that feathery pattern), but still produced clear meth-like shards none-the-less.   All SWIM can say is that if it happens again, try re-reacting the finests crystals you get from it (even maybe just a small amount of it for testers), and see if what comes back is what you seek.

Xaja: I didn't misunderestimate the strength of the dope. It  didn't tweak me out. I slept within the first 24 hours of using it, which was damn good sign in itself that it wasn't good. I am not currently facing any sort of tolerance issues as my meth usage this year has been very moderate, particularly by my standards, and I had not been doing any meth at all for the previous week to ten days.

This however SWIM must certainly disagree with.  There has been many a time when SWIM had done a reaction, then did only a little bit like smoked a few bumps, and then hours later fell right asleep.  However SWIM will only sleep a few hours, then wake up and pop right outta bed, feeling more jacked than he was the night before.  Didn't even do anymore, just spent the entire day with uplifted spirits and alertness that didn't make SWIM feel all like "BBBWWWAAAAA" bursting out of his skin, nut just alert and awake and normal.  This is what good high quality meth does.  There really isn't a strong  jacked up "high" to pure meth at all.  You ever go outside and do some jump rope, and then maybe work out a little then run a mile or something.  It gets those neurotransmitters flowing, and you'll feel good, energized, and euphoric, just like pure meth does (in fact SWIM uses this as a "meth substitute" during his break periods.  Pure meth does nothing more than make you feel more normal.  And sometimes it even allows some sleep.  This is just what SWIM thinks of as "as good as it gets".  Tweaking out and such is a product of dirty dope or undercooked dope, beleive me on that. 
About the tolerance, SWIM has read somewhere in one of Rhodiums posts about tolerance to amphetamines, and in most cases it may take as long as a month before tolerance is completely back to normal, so a week to ten days of not using is not enough.  Try not using for a couple months then try some.  You'll be like goddam!  Like SWIM had said in another post, it had been about three and a half weeks since doing any, and then SWIM had procured a little tiny bit (a pile the size of a pinkynail) of some peanut butter bullshit that was extracted from gakked batches that were saved.  SWIM ate it, and it kept him awake nearly two days.  In fact, SWIM was utterly blown away by the potency of this gakked crap, which just three weeks earlier SWIM would have tried the gakked shit and thought it to be uttermost crapola that didn't do a thing.

amalgum

hey geez
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2004, 03:08:00 AM »
Another thought occured as soon as SWIM hit the submit post button.  Exactly how did you clean your product?  Did you use the alcoholic KOH methods to try and break the gakk?  If you did, the answer is staring us all right in the face.

Someone above mentioned the possibilty of it being l-meth, or high concentration of it.  Well, search organic chemistry reactions on how to racemize a pure optical isomer, and you shall find that an alcoholic KOH treatment usually does the job, giving racemic mixes.  In which case the product you have is racemic to the max. Problem thus solved.

SWIM is done with pills.  SWIM thinks the extraction of pills is on it's way out.  It's no longer practical.  It sucks to slink around from town to town buying boxes of pills, fearing the watchfull eye of big brother, spending way to much money, and taking way to much risk.  I mean come on, this is archaic.  What are you all gonna do when they finally ban pseudo too?  It's probably gonna happen in the future.  This is good though, cause it's becoming time for the REAL chemists to shine through and persevere.  Pills are a way of the past, akabori and l-PAC production are ways of a future generation.  SWIM knows that the older members here who swear by the pills will disagree, but thats just a part of the world.  The older you get, the more stubborn you get, period.  It's just like the parent telling the child to turn off that "rock and roll" music cause it's not real music.  This isn't aimed at anyone in particular, but it's time for the veterines to sit back and watch a new generation work.

SHORTY

Same pseudo
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2004, 09:07:00 AM »
Shorty: I can't rule out an incomplete reaction. Its hard to say any particular reaction fully completed, and hypo from sodium hypophosphite can vary from batch to batch. Yes, its possible. But it had all the outward appearance of a finished reaction. I may have pulled it too soon, but I let it reflux for hours.

Geez, what i was trying to say is that i have experienced the exact same results every since i started using sodium hypophosphite.  The recrystalized product was not nearly as good as the acetone flashed product which in itself wasn't all that.  This happened on average of at least 50% of my reactions.  These reactions all used the exact same source of pseudo which was extracted in the exact same way.
From what i can see in a hypo rxn the rxn is usually over after about 2 hours.  What i mean by over is that all the hypo has been oxidized to phosphoric acid and therefore there is no more hypo to regenerate the rxn.

Considering that making hypo with sodium hyphosphite and heating it to concentrate and remove the excess salt some of the hypo will be oxidized to phosphoric acid.  So you will have a solution of h3po2 and h3po4 at an unknown ratio.  If the ratio of h3po2 is not as high as required for the rxn the rxn will still run its course and everything will seem right but in fact there wasn't enough actual h3po2 to complete the job.  Adding more of the same hypo solution doesn't help because you are also increasing the amount of h3po4 as well.  This has been a problem for me for a very long time and i have no doubt that is your cause.

I finally decided to test my theory by adding a very small amount of rp after the rxn seemed to be complete.  After the addition of the rp the rxn immediately began to produce gaseous HI and was allowed to react for a further 12 hours and the product was definetly much better.  Since then i have run about 10-15 rxns the same way by adding a little rp but increased the reflux time to 24 hours and not one of these rxns has given me that same shitty result.  Normally half of those would have had to bee reacted again.

amalgum

Well said Shorty. This brings me to the ...
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2004, 09:55:00 AM »
Well said Shorty.  This brings me to the conclusion that the bad batch was either:A underreduced or B racemic or possibly C BOTH A AND B.  Just from the very effects he described made SWIM think of all the undereduced batches he's had in the past that yeilded nothing but aziridine (see swim always steam distills, so no iodoephedrine would probably be left, it's all converted to aziridine).

Newton

Another contaminant to bee expected:
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2004, 02:06:00 PM »
(see swim always steam distills, so no iodoephedrine would probably be left, it's all converted to aziridine)

Another substance that I would expect to show up in an underreduced batch is Chloroephedrine, as it formed from the aziridine in the presence of HCl [1], when titrating the batch.

Did anyone else observe (when steam distilling the result of an A/B of the post-reaction solution), that the solution that is steam distilled appears yellowish, even though no iodine can be detected? SWIN suspects that this is Chloroephedrine freebase, which has a yellow appearance[2].

Any input on this thought? If anybee is doubtful about the claims ([1],[2]), I will look up the sources, at this moment its just off SWIM's head.

geezmeister

the rest of that pseudo
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2004, 06:49:00 PM »
About the rest of that pseudo:

After this reaction, I did dissolve in MeOH and added NaOH and heated a few minutes, then added some water, boiled the alcohol off gently extracted into xylene and gassed for the salt form. Some loss in yield, no real improvement in quality. This was rinsed well, and dried. I then dissolved the pseudo in a chlorinated solvent/alcohol mix and let sit. I distilled out the solvent, added more alcohol, put in an evap dish and evapped, flashing with cold tone. I dissolved the pseudo in MeOH... What? It would no longer readily dissolve in MeOH. The fine filtration removed a good deal of some type of salt that was not present before. Comparable loss of weight in the pseudo to the salt present. Recrsytallized by adding acetone and allowing crystals to grow overnight. Acetone rinse of the crystals brought out a nasty oily fluid that has to be the remnants of whatever gakk finally was broken loose. The salt presence surprised me, and the oily gakk that came out after crystallization. Remember this psuedo had been recrystallized multiple times prior to the first reaction.

Since there really isn't a lot of pseudo left, and its a weekend, this pseudo will most likely be sacrificially reacted via a four to six hour red phos cook.  Will post results when they are known, and the length of the post may be some indication of the quality.  ;D

r_c: yep, similar symptoms. I never did the vicks inhalers, though.

amalgum: I agree with you assessment about good dope and its effects, and how you can sleep on good dope if you want and learn how, and know the difference between really good dope and crank. I've also done half-cooked batches of "sleeping geez" that will put you to sleep. This stuff wasn't tweaker dope at all. It didn't do any of the classic tweaker stuff, but on overuse really contributed to mental confusion and physcial discomfort. It was something besides an undercooked batch. Also, I assure you, its not a tolerance issue. I am well rested and have not been on a run of late at all. I noted above that I did dissolve in MeOH and add some NaOH, heated, then added water, etc. The next batch will tell me something about this approach. The pseudo from the last one had not been based and basted in alcohol.

Your point about being done with pills is well taken. I suspect that within the next year to eighteen months Most states in the US will follow my state's lead. If we are going to rely on black market pill sources, we might as well iron out some home lab approaches that are not pill dependent. This is likely a much taller order than this forum has faced to this point. Then again, if the option of making dope from a simple receipe is gone, the bees who haunt this forum habitually may become a group with a different personality and attitude. That might not be at all unwelcome (at least to Os).  ;D

I acknowledge the prospect that the stuff could be in part underreduced. I am of the opinion that even if that happened, there is more involved her than an underreduced reaction. I've lost more than one reaction to underreduction, and know what you get. This stuff is not what you get. Granted, it could be A and B, but I am leaning more toward it being symptomatic of something other than underreduced. I was not familiar with these effects; I am familiar with the taste and effect of underreduced batches. I still remember what they are like.

Shorty-- I didn't have a problem with the hypo. It was very good, matched the iodine load with expected results and time to HI production, produced the HI without heating, and in fact I had to cool the solution down after the HI was made before I added the pseudo. I know the hypo will oxidize over the course of the reaction, but I cooked up to phos acid temps, and never had a problem with I2 falling out. I  really don't chalk this up to underreduction from a variance in the hypo quality.

xaja

Yeah I learned the hard way
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2004, 11:43:00 PM »
>Who fucking cares if your 'gear' is 'potent' when you use several grams in only one or two days?! Even if it was only 50% pure then it's still way too much! Period! Quit doing monster lines, it's not about who is man enough to snort a quarter gram at once!

I ended up in a Mental Health Unit with drug-induced psychosis.  :-[  Young and stupid. Now I wouldn't use more than 100mg in any 24hr period, and usually not even that. I wish I had taken heed of warnings like that few years ago!  :(

amalgum

Re: Another substance that I would expect to...
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2004, 01:15:00 AM »

Another substance that I would expect to show up in an underreduced batch is Chloroephedrine, as it formed from the aziridine in the presence of HCl [1], when titrating the batch.

Very true, SWIM had forgotten about this aspect of the aziridine.

Did anyone else observe (when steam distilling the result of an A/B of the post-reaction solution), that the solution that is steam distilled appears yellowish, even though no iodine can be detected? SWIN suspects that this is Chloroephedrine freebase, which has a yellow appearance[2].

Do you mean in the distillate or the still flask?  SWIM has seen all kinds of colors in the still flask, from yellows to browns to bluish greens.  The distillate was always clear, sometimes a little cloudy, but never any color.  As far as chloroephedrine in the still flask goes, SWIM doubts it highly, as the shit isn't exposed to HCl until titration.  Meaning the still flask would hold aziridine/iodoephedrine still.

Will post results when they are known, and the length of the post may be some indication of the quality.

Heheh, I hear THAT ;) .  SWIM always posts a freakin' novel after a good reaction hehe.

amalgum: I agree with you assessment about good dope and its effects, and how you can sleep on good dope if you want and learn how, and know the difference between really good dope and crank. I've also done half-cooked batches of "sleeping geez" that will put you to sleep. This stuff wasn't tweaker dope at all. It didn't do any of the classic tweaker stuff, but on overuse really contributed to mental confusion and physcial discomfort. It was something besides an undercooked batch. Also, I assure you, its not a tolerance issue. I am well rested and have not been on a run of late at all. I noted above that I did dissolve in MeOH and add some NaOH, heated, then added water, etc. The next batch will tell me something about this approach. The pseudo from the last one had not been based and basted in alcohol.

Ok ok.  SWIM tusts your judgement.  As far as the next batch goes, this will be a good way to test the possibilty of the racemate hypothesis, since the pseudo was no treated with base and alcohol.  Although you said you used NaOH and alcohol, and not KOH.  SWIM doesn't know if the NaOH is fit to do the job of racemization.  Then again, this is still a little on the unkown side still.  The pseudo that was treated with base wash may have been racemized, but also it may not have removed all the gakks.  The way you prepared the current pseudo also falls under that concept.  You may not have racemized it, and even removed some gaks that base wash didn't, but others that base wash did take care of may still exhist.  Well, you get what I mean I'm sure.  Theres still quite a few variables here to work out.

Granted, it could be A and B, but I am leaning more toward it being symptomatic of something other than underreduced. I was not familiar with these effects; I am familiar with the taste and effect of underreduced batches. I still remember what they are like.

You say true geez.  Like SWIM had said he has had batches that turned out like yours with the same effects, and they WERE different than traditional undercooked dope.  Maybe it is the gaks, or like I had said a little of both.  Hrrrmmmm.
This is getting interesting.

xaja:

Yeah it'll do that to you.  SWIM has seen the worst when it comes to amphetamine psychosis.  From somebody desperately clawing at their skin screaming at us to "GET 'EM OFF ME", to somebody who was normal one second then talking with himself in multiple personalities in the next.  All the while he LITERALLY held us hostage.  Nobody could leave the room, he screamed about our "police team" in the trees outside and in the attic.  Some windows were open and SWIM had a cold at the time that came with a nasty cough, and he literally thought we were "coughing signals" to our "team". Then he proceeded to tear up everything in the house one by one to shreds, looking for invisible listening devices he thought were planted all around, even shredded the couch cushions inside and out, spreading the guts about the floor sifting through them with a refridgerator shelf.  I've been there and done that and have way too many t-shirts than I should have at my young age.  It's horrible and scary, esp. when shit like that happens after a binge.  Man it's hard to decide what exactly you should do when somebody flips like that and your life and freedom suddenly becomes on the line. Thats why I advocate quitting the drug every now and again and taking good breaks.  Remember, mind and body comes before any drug, so take care of them!

dwarfer

nope: not chloro or iodo
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2004, 02:26:00 AM »
Chloroephedrine??? 

No, At least not in Marvey's case, as it only got very cold in the reaction, around the temperature of boiling ammonia, he says:

Post 503354

(dwarfer: "(-)( -) Pseudo, Selegiline,  and YOU", Stimulants)

is worth reading: Gemini's contribution is key to understanding.

The present application provides pharmaceutical compositions and methods of using the
 sympathomimetic composition of (-)-pseudoephedrine as a decongestant, bronchodilator, and the like.......

Moreover, (+)-pseudoephedrine can easily be converted into the controlled drug, (S)-methamphetamine,.......NO! Say it sin't SO!...

(-)-pseudoephedrine reduces the (S)-methamphetamine conversion problem of (+)-pseudoephedrine, because reduction of the hydroxyl in (-)-pseudoephedrine results in (R)-methamphetamine with substantially less psychoactivity than (S)-methamphetamine.

Also, it will take more than strong aqueous base,
if I read
the references Rhodium directed us to correctly.....

Post 447791

(Aurelius: "US pat 2797243 Racemization of l-Amphetamine", Stimulants)
  If you work on the precursor,
you can use a sodium alcoholate:

otherwise as you will note, the conditions are significantly more difficult..

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

oh well, y'all wanted to give up your nasty RP and Iodiotic ways anywho, din't ya?   ;D

( I mean, as long as you have to have that alkali metal around, you may
as well use it OTHER ways tooo????) ;D

Newton

Do you mean in the distillate or the still...
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2004, 02:30:00 PM »
Do you mean in the distillate or the still flask?  SWIM has seen all kinds of colors in the still flask, from yellows to browns to bluish greens.  The distillate was always clear, sometimes a little cloudy, but never any color.  As far as chloroephedrine in the still flask goes, SWIM doubts it highly, as the shit isn't exposed to HCl until titration.  Meaning the still flask would hold aziridine/iodoephedrine still.

What I wanted to say: in case the A/B of the post-reaction solution of E/I/Rp is performed before steam distill, the yellow shows up in the still flask.
So the post-reaction solution is filtered, basified, extracted with a non-polar, the non-polar extracted with aqueous HCl, which is basified again and then steam distilled. The Chloroephedrine forms when extracting the non-polar with HCl, if aziridines are present. The solution obtained in the receiving flask of the steam distill setup is always colorless to milky white.

WizardX

Lassaigne Sodium Test
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2004, 04:53:00 AM »
Use the Lassaigne Sodium Test to test for halogens, Cl,Br,I The halide is precipitated as silver halide, (AgCl, AgBr or AgI). Each silver halide has diferent physical properties.

Therefore if you suspect you have iodoephedrine or chloroephedrine you can determine which?

Lassaigne Sodium Test 

http://www.sunderland.ac.uk/~hs0bcl/gg/lassaigne_s_test.htm

Brief description

http://www.psi-net.org/common/safetyscience.pdf

Lab safety

http://wwwchem.uwimona.edu.jm%3A1104/lab_manuals/c10o8.html

PROCEDURE:Place a piece of clean sodium metal, about the size of a pea into a fusion tube. Add a little of the compound (50 mg or 2 - 3 drops).* Heat the tube gently at first, allowing any distillate formed to drop back onto the molten sodium. When charring begins, heat the bottom of the tube to dull redness for about three minutes and finally plunge the tube, while still hot, into a clean dish containing cold distilled water (6 mL) and cover immediately with a clean wire gauze.

http://wwwchem.uwimona.edu.jm%3A1104/lab_manuals/c10expt25.html

Very good!

http://home.um.edu.mt/chemistry/CH230/4.Organic/Cp217.doc

In addition to the instructions given in Lehman, you should also carry out the sodium fusion (Lassaigne's) test, as described in Vogel, pp. 934-938. Care must be exercised during this test- ask your tutor.

Unknowns will be limited to the following classes: alkenes, alkynes, alcohols, aldehydes, ketones, amides, amines, carboxylic acids, esters, halides, aromatic hydrocarbons, thiols, phenols, nitroaromatics. Polyfunctional compounds may be included.

wareami

Dat-E-Legless! :•þ
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2004, 08:40:00 PM »
Don't Bee Fooled by The Rocks That I Got! :o  :-[  ;)

Dat-E-Legless!
Nothing like the Dat-E-LongLegs Ibee's accustomed to spinning long webtales with!
When Geez first posted this thread, The village idiot trapped inside my head whispered to me..."This looks like a job for the "CrashTestDummies"!
So off we went to the sanitarium again to see what the CTD's arrived at, and most importantly, if they held-UP and arrived in one peace! ;D

Two vastly different worlds collide in unison here sparked by the only one common denominator...pfed!
WareWoofs are famous for barking at the moon, but seldom will ya find `em barking UP the wrong tree.
Since so many variables exist, let's eliminate the speculations on those that are excluded as the possible causes in this case.
•Underreduced
•Racemic via pre-rxn basing
•Failed Rxn
•Hypo/HI or RP/HI rxns
While they may seem relevant in some cases, experience, practice, and "skill in the art" lead the way in analytical determination and consistancy.
Given geez's longstanding good rep in this field, I was confident he'd ruled out most of the possible causes before he even posted this thread.
I also knew we'd arrive at similar conclusions once the variables were narrowed down.

Amalgum: You brought up a key term describing what's missing in the picture here..."euphoria"
Add to that...some things that Ibee confirms along the lines of what brought this subject to all bees attention.
Health effects and general feelings of well-being seem to be affected.
Since long before this became an issue, Ibee's been keeping tabs on changes in formulations. It will be one year on the 31st since I posted this

Post 436832 (missing)

(wareami: "Brand Spanking Newts: (-)-pseudoephedrine", Stimulants)
It was around that time that the pfed xtal structure started changing.
This is not some overnight occurance.
They've been incorporating variances all along.
One month after that post, Ibee started noting pfed that had a striking resemblance to the meth xtal structure.
The latest findings are the oily polymer additives that are very deceptive when extracting. They retain a similar pfed xtal structure but they won't dry. Not only that but they are riddled with long bigger spike xtals mixed in.
They can be forced out with multiple solvent combo attacks but the slightest remnants of the oily denaturant going into rxn taint the batch.
Now the way they are including this new stuff is what makes it difficult to deal with.
Side by side identical extractions produce different results in crystal structure in identically timed alky pulls and evapped under the same conditions. All this following a prewash using JD/Tetra combo.
This could lead one to believe that they have incorporated different formulations in the same package.
The main idea for them would be to get the batch tainted any way they can.
Nothing is being ruled out and speculation will always continue but narrowing down areas of concern is key to circumventing what's been employed as denaturant and adulterant additives.
It's not like they have a grave concern for any bee using a product outside the intended scope of it's purpose.
Geez....The Kidz said they can relate to the flatulance issue based on the latest bio. Never once in the history of indugence has this been a recognizable occurance.
Since food is rarely in the picture on most of the Kidz ICEcapades, gas was rare as well.
Ain't it nice to know yer not alone? :)
The latest on this stuff proves that it just isn't the same.
The foggyness of thought and the lack of euphoria make for an unpleasant ride.
The sexual libido is stimulated but not as intense or longlasting.
The desire to consume more comes between 6-8hrs which really sets this apart from past experiences.
You'll be going right along in that disoriented fog and drop off the edge without warning.
No clear focus at all.
There was an unpleasant experience apart from the general bla`se bioassay during the end of third sleepless day.
Not sure what to think of it as it's never occured in the past.
Could have been from an introduced contamination as it was the very last.
Chills and finger numbing accompanied by throbbing headache.
Lasted about 2 hours and stopped by itself.
Stayed up for another 6 hours tinkering in the fog before the slumberjaks took control.
Upon waking...very lethargic and not at all exhilerated as with past experiences upon the initial awakening.
A few notes on the methanism mechanism employed.
HI/RP LWR that as Murphys Law would have it, was cut short due to all the Little Swimmers in the pool deciding to come outta their shell and take a dip in the vast exspanse of the OilBath.....OOOOOOOOOOOOoooooop!
Luckily, Ibee the Lifeguard, caught it, and knew what to do and acted quickly enough soas their little asses didn't fry too long.
Every indication was already decided that conversion took place and the end result confirmed it so that little mishap, while it may be a factor, isn't hugely significant on the outcome of the experiment overAWE.

Oh...and Dwarfer: You just won an all expenses paid, "7-Nights/0-Daze" vacation to the exotic seeside resort...."Bee-Line Highway", sponsored by "The Village Idiotic Society"! Expect an email notification on this and other exciting Pro-Motions once they figure out how to open the can of spam. Yer box will never be the same if ya got a little dick-around with enlargement concerns! ;)  ;D

Thanx WizX...
One can never have too many tests!
It's the trials and tribulations we can do without :)

ChemoSabe

Gakk Based Fart Attacks?
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2004, 09:37:00 PM »
Did I read this correctly Ware that you and the Geezmeister have both experienced some recent bouts of meth inspired flatulence?

Swim's buddy has allowed himself to lay off the stuff for the most part for the past month aside from dredging up old filter deposits and the unexpected used but strangely rejuvenated naphtha incident mentioned here.

Post 507093

(ChemoSabe: "Further Weirdities from the new 120's", Stimulants)

But ever since this new era of gakks swept through the do-it-yourself-pharmaceuticalandscape swim still has had no outbreaks of apparent meth feuled gas blasting.

Futher weirdities indeed!

amalgum

Damn SWIM always gets gas.
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2004, 11:29:00 PM »
Damn SWIM always gets gas.  He also makes sure he eats certain things a certain times to make sure he stays healthy on a binge so that could be why to.

SHORTY

Ok, i trust your assessment geez,
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2004, 03:34:00 AM »
However, does what i suggested make sense or should i bee looking elsewhere for the problems i have experienced?  I thought i had it figured out (my problem) but now i am not so sure.  Just to sum it up here are the main points.

The pseudo i used in all rxns for the past year has come from the same exact source and was for the most part extracted in the same exact way and as far as i know was of the same exact quality.

The hypo was made in the same way from lab grade sodium hypophosphite and labgrade 37% 12Mol. HCl.

The iodine was labgrade and or recycled from previous rxns.

The results were all steam distilled and then titrated with hcl and evapped on low heat followed by acetone flash. 

There was no visible difference in those which were considered as good as it gets and those which were definetly not.

After recrystalization, the good ones got better the bad ones got even worse.

Does anyone have any idea what might bee causing this other than what i have assumed it to bee?

ordinaryguy

your sickness
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2004, 07:06:00 PM »
is it possible that you have crystalline forms of various other pill ingredients. Maybe their molecular structure was manipulated by the process and the baby was lost in birth? check out my third post "True Blue" NH3/Li reduction... If you tryed this you may decide to give up all the soul searching ;) sure is headache free and grade A produce. There are very feasible methods for controlling NH3 vapors as well. Possibly a odorless or near odorless method that I am aware of. This coupled with a high quality NH3 generator proves to be the method to go. the NH3 generated by the NH3 generator can be captured in a cooled fire extinguisher and hung right on your living room wall as a safety device. see no, speak no, hear no, have no what?
sorry I don't know more about your dilema.