The Hive > Serious Chemistry

Discussing the Mannich reaction

<< < (2/3) > >>

Rhodium:
Advances in the chemistry of Mannich bases
M. Tramontini
Synthesis 703-775 (1973)

ning:
AFAIK just putting excess formaldehyde in with your primary amine of choice, acetone (or possibly MEK for 3-me piperidone), and some base does the job. It automatically cyclizes for you. As far as I know.
The MEK might be too hindered for this to work well (I think I remember hearing something to that effect), but I know acetone does. There's some articles in Chemische Berichte and Liebig's Annalen that I can't get on exactly this reaction. I'll have to dig up some refs and post them--maybe someone else can get them.

Megatherium:
There's some articles in Chemische Berichte and Liebig's Annalen that I can't get on exactly this reaction. I'll have to dig up some refs and post them--maybe someone else can get them.

That would be appreciated very much.

Are there references to journals for the reaction scheme, proposed in the Chemistry of Organic Compounds (1951) Pg. 705 ( Post 475766 (ning: "The Big Post", Novel Discourse) )?

Vaaguh:
Is there an online store that stil sells this book ? I can't seem to find the book anywhere (or the ISBN number).

SpicyBrown:
Who's the author(s)? I was able to find the following available used:

Chemistry of Organic Compounds
by Carl Robert, Noller
# Publisher: Not Applicable (June, 1965)
# ISBN: 0721668216

Could this be a newer edition of the book you've mentioned?
I also have a few old chemistry books from a ways back; oftentimes, older ones simply don't have ISBN numbers. If they're US-published books, they'll have a library of congress catalog number however.

-SpicyBrown

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version