Author Topic: Designer Drugs Directory  (Read 17749 times)

Rhodium

Designer Drugs Directory
« on: September 24, 2001, 07:36:00 PM »
I have come across a wonderful reference book called "Designer Drugs Directory", where 104 to me known and quite a few unknown "designer drugs" of all classes (PEA's, Tryptamines, dissociatives, deliriants, THC's, stimulants and opioids etc.) are discussed with a merck-index-like monograph of one page each, with FULL references for the synthesis, pharmacology and analysis of almost each and every compound (taken from the net, forensic journals, books and chem journals).

This is a must-have for the serious researcher.

Title: Designer Drugs Directory
Authors: Karel Valter, Philippe Arrizabalaga
ISBN: 044420525X
Can be bought from:

http://www.amazon.com

yellium

Re: Designer Drugs Directory
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2001, 02:11:00 AM »
147$. Expensive!

Rhodium

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2001, 07:12:00 AM »
Yes, but it is published by Elsevier Science... Everything they print costs too much, but what can you do?

zooligan

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2001, 07:51:00 AM »
Rhod, you should write the first amazon customer review for it!   8)

"And if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, then we'll just be bogus too!"

taqueso

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2001, 02:58:00 PM »
re: "what can you do?"

scan it!

Rhodium

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2001, 03:27:00 PM »
Nah, if I put that online I'd be persecuted for copyright infringement. As a rule, I only HTMLize old or out of print stuff on my page, so that I won't unnecessarily break any laws.

picloud

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2001, 11:59:00 PM »
Abolish all post icons!!!  Great reference R,  I'll be getting mine ...  as soon as my wife goes back to work.....

Cheers,

picloud

Antoncho

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2001, 12:17:00 AM »

Nah, if I put that online I'd be persecuted for copyright infringement

hey, aren't you supposed to bee the most wanted person on DEA's lists? :)  If they are still unable to get you, then how in the world do you expect Elsevier to charge you with copyright violation? ;)  :)  ;D

That was said actually not very seriously - much more serious and true is the fact that if you scan smth. and turn it into a graphic text format (e.g., DejaVu) and upload it to someplace and give a link to it only to certain people you know - there's no fucken way not only for Elsevier, but even for CIA to learn about it.

Just a suggestion, though:))) - i understand that you're probably the busiest person on the Hive - so nevermind.

Antoncho

Acme

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2001, 08:03:00 PM »
You should have got yours when I got mine, I told you about this like 2 years ago

Post 104276 (missing)

(Acme: "Re: Micro Scale Piperonylic Acid Synth - Black Pepper", Chemistry Discourse)

the book is fabulous.

DOPR on p 60 2-5 mg. 20-30 hrs, very impressive

sunlight

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2001, 06:15:00 PM »
Antoncho, when the I love you virus appeared, they located immediatly the origin in philipines, the phone number..., it makes think.

Rhodium

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2001, 05:52:00 AM »
Yup, and making that virus is a criminal offense, while running this board and my site is not. I don't want to make myself an easy target.

CherrieBaby

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2001, 08:11:00 AM »
An anonymous post to alt.binaries.ebooks - or one of the other e-books newsgroups will be safe and get the book distributed.

But scanning a whole book is many hours work. Someone else apart from Rhodium should do it.

yellium

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2001, 12:48:00 PM »
Can anyone say what's in the index?

Acme

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2001, 08:01:00 PM »
Intro

(lots of stuff)

Psychotomimetic phenethylamines

LSD analogues

Psychotomimetic Indolealkylamines

Synthetic Cannibinoids

PCP and its congeners

Deliriants

CNS Stimulants

Synthetic Opiates

'Ludes

GHB

Street names index

Abbreviations

Glossary

lots of references to PIHKAL and Microgram
:P

yellium

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2001, 02:22:00 AM »
Are there any phenethylamines or similar psychedelics mentioned that are not in PiHKAL/TiHKAL?

boppesz

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2001, 10:57:00 AM »
Rhod: "so that I won't unnecessarily break any laws"

I thought allready making drugs is necessarily because of all the precursors in ESSENTIAL oils. ;)

Rhodium

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2001, 11:53:00 AM »
I am a law-abiding citizen, I just write about drugs and chemistry, and that is not outlawed anywhere as far as I know. Obvious copyright violations is a prosecutable crime though.

Acme

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2001, 08:32:00 PM »
ALPHA (which has a small blurb in PIHKAL p718) and MALPHA the methyl amine of ie N-methyl-3,4-MDphenyl-1-propanamine

active, 60-100 mg, and from piperonal, Ethyl grignard the alcohol, then PCC one would suppose, animate you would have it

yellium

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2001, 03:03:00 PM »
Has alpha (or M-alpha) ever found its way to the market?

(Reason: SWINM has tasted very long ago an unknown pill which had the weird property that at low dosage, it only `wiggled' my vision in my central vision. At higher dosages this expanded to my whole vision, but also produced a full blown psychosis (think: the red santa claus puppet sitting on your telly is suddenly able to read your mind). Was also acting relatively short, 1 hour to come up, about 2-3 hours action. )

Later trials with `known' compounds never had the same `feel'.

Acme

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2001, 06:12:00 PM »
A seizure of ALPHA has been reported by Dutch authorities

Forensic Sci Int 77, p141 1996

Inconsistencies in getting fucked up are common I find, that mystery pill of yours will remain unknown unless an NMR is taken of it.